๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
oblivious87 said:
apd said:
oblivious87 said:
He claims he walked away from his Wii to go to dinner a couple hours ago, and when he came back, all the channels were gone and his system was updated.

The update fixes a few of the IOS to prevent things like WiiGator's loader and the exploit in Twilight Princess.

I thought it was illegal to force an update without permission ?

I thought so too. He tried to put a backed up copy of Animal Crossing in earlier. I'm not really sure of the time frame on everything, I just know he was just trying to get WiiGator's loader to work and now all of his channels are gone and its been updated.

Strange.
an update will not work on it's own it always asks for confirmation .

oblivious87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jotokun said:
I dont want to sound rude, but.... something about that picture you posted screams photoshop to me... cant figure out what it is though. Besides, as previously stated, its illegal in the US to update without permission, and that wii appears to be using a US firmware. Did he run an update from Animal Crossing?(Only thing I can think of at the moment, since I dont know if it changes the version number or not.... IF your telling the truth)

I have no reason to lie and other people have the update as well. I know that Animal Crossing does have an update required, but I don't know what version it is and he did run WiiBrickBlocker on it before hand.

I did exactly everything he said he did and I couldn't (luckily) repeat it. If you don't believe me, that's fine. I'm just here to share an experience about a new update. Hopefully you never even have to worry about it.

oblivious87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkLG said:
Animal Crossings has 3.3 update and he probably chose to update thinking it was 3.3 and instead got 3.4.

but like i said, he used WiiBrickBlocker and the game never actually booted up. Just a black screen and the system restarted and than no more channels (again this is what I was told, I didn't see it happen just like that).

deervark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendo is pretty smart. It is my guess, but not my wish, that they will find a way to keep future games from working on the loaders. Easy come, easy go. It's too bad they will probably destroy homebrew along with it.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
deervark said:
nintendo is pretty smart. It is my guess, but not my wish, that they will find a way to keep future games from working on the loaders. Easy come, easy go. It's too bad they will probably destroy homebrew along with it.

this is not correct cause $ony didn't stop Dark Alex and many other coders from improving the PSP , so don't be negative man come on be positive , the more nintendo try's the more coders get better at it , that's how we Wii with style baby
grog.gif

gio1.6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
omg I hope wii hackers can work their way around this (fast), otherwise were all up sh** creek without a paddle, and I hope the update doesn't hit Australia any time soon.

colmiak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok we need some more confirmation here, anybody willing to update? oh you there! go on ahead, so nice of you to take one for the team ;p

so far all we know is a guy's brother got updated.. we really do need to relax until someone can verify

Ozz465

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gio1.6 said:
omg I hope wii hackers can work their way around this (fast), otherwise were all up sh** creek without a paddle, and I hope the update doesn't hit Australia any time soon.
its simple man , just dont update , as far as i know its not mandatory.

Cbajd5

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
BIG MOE said:
deervark said:

this is not correct cause $ony didn't stop Dark Alex and many other coders from improving the PSP , so don't be negative man come on be positive , the more nintendo try's the more coders get better at it , that's how we Wii with style baby
grog.gif

Yeah they did. They made an Update for GTA after it was discovered you could use it to gain Hombrew, alon wih Lumines, they also update their firware regularly and hardware to block out types of downgrading and upgrading. The problem is they can't completely stop the Pandora Battery or they won't be able to fix genuine PSPs that break due to firmware.

Ozz465

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cbajd5 said:
BIG MOE said:
deervark said:

grog.gif

Yeah they did. They made an Update for GTA after it was discovered you could use it to gain Hombrew, alon wih Lumines, they also update their firware regularly and hardware to block out types of downgrading and upgrading. The problem is they can't completely stop the Pandora Battery or they won't be able to fix genuine PSPs that break due to firmware.
so in other works they did not stop dark alex. they do all this and the psp homebrew sceane is still strong . hopefully someone will find a way to avoid this update.

colmiak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
moosh01 said:
Confirmation.
Just got a update mail in my wii mailbox. (US Wii)
DO NOT UPDATE!!!

QUOTE(nintendolinky @ Nov 17 2008, 10:25 PM) just got the message, im PAL
do you guys have wiiconnect on? i don't and i haven't received an email, NTSC

moosh01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update includes:
enhanced parental controls
usb keyboard support for mii channel
improved system functions

it is also checking for unauthorized modifications to save games and removing them. ie. twilight hack

DO NOT UPDATE!!!!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think that was part of the 3.3v2 update, if the WiiConnect24 find ilegal .wad files, thru the Wii dairy, the Wii himself automaticly will update without permision because you did in effect an Unauthorized Modification, like they are doing Unauthorized Upgrades to your Wii, makes sense to me..!!
smile.gif

P.S. Delete all your wads and just keep HBC, that is just my poor opinion

moosh01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this does not automatically update.... it is the same as any other update you have seen. if you get it in your mailbox just trash it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Guess it's just a click then +1