nGLBuis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi guys,

First of all, nice forum. I know this site for a really long time but never registered because i didn't own a console. I recently bought a Nintendo Wii from a good friend but the modchip was broken. So i brought it to another friend to repair it. Because the Wii is moving from house to house, we choose to charge it with a sunkey Lite. It works like a charm. Because i wanted safety that no one could have a chance of bricking my wii, i asked my friend to install preloader 0.29. The problem is that animal crossing isn't working and in general.. i want 4.0
tongue.gif
. Already got the homebrew channel up and running and some cool apps to load games from USB. Animal Crossing though isn't working good from the SD card. This is a small history of what my wii contains.

I updated to cIOS 38 rev13b today because i wanted to try out the waninkoko's Firmware Updater 4.1. That isn't working either (-1036 error something something
tongue.gif
). I already readed the topic ULTIMATE System Menu 4.0 Guide and it's replies but i'm not sure what to do since i alreay got preloader 0.29 and my wii is on 3.2E. Could someone please give me some good advice on upgrading my wii to 4.0?

Brief specs:
Wii 3.2E
preloader 0.29 already installed
HBC installed
cIOS38 rev13b

Hopefully you guys know how to upgrade it!

Greetings,

Nigel

LoRD RPG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried running the 4.1 updater and I get this error message after it's downloaded part of system menu 4.1U

Downloading content #10... ERROR! (ret = -1)

Press any button to restart...

Wii 4.0U
preloader 0.29 already installed
HBC installed
cIOS38 rev13b

Can anybody help me install system menu 4.1U ?

LoRD RPG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird thing.....

Tried running the updater last night several times, checking various things in between.

Today when I tried, I got the same error, posted here to see if anyone could help me.

Left my Wii running, sitting at the Pre-loader menu while I posted and let it sit for a while, then I just tried it again and it actually worked this time with no errors.
smile.gif

The SDHC card I'm using is 16GB with just under 4GB used.

nGLBuis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ConJ thanks for your reply. This means that preloader will not do any harm? The way i see the guide is that the bootmii in the guide is in my situation preloader 0.29. Could anyone verify that for me ?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to follow that guide. You already have cIOS installed. Any sort of update you do will automatically get rid of preloader and you will have to reinstall it again.

Just follow the online guide of the ULTIMATE one.

nGLBuis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks nabster92, i'm installing 4.0 as i speak through the ULTIMATE guide. What's your opinion.. upgrade it from 4.0 to 4.1?

thc42O

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
fuck man all i did was use nintendo, 3.2 ->4.1 it didnt remove HBC or Bootmii just Preloader and cIOSCORP were removed for obvious reasons.

just update thro ninty, then install cioscorp following the ULTIMATE guide. then install preloader , NOTE THERE IS NO 4.1 Hacks.ini as of yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgwfObY-WDQ