3.2 firmware

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by pizzaman2893, Mar 30, 2009.

Mar 30, 2009

3.2 firmware by pizzaman2893 at 10:23 PM (621 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. pizzaman2893
    OP

Member pizzaman2893 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Well I'm about to put the homebrew channel and custom firmware on my wii, but its 3.2u firmware. I was wondering if there was any advantages or disadvantages of not updating it to a later firmware. Any help is appreciated. [​IMG]

2. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    With 4.0 you can run wiiware and vc channel froms sd
    If you want that, it's worth updating. Follow one of the many tutorial topics and make sure you have a custom ios installed.

3. SolidSnake120

Newcomer SolidSnake120 Member

United States
    how do you check to see if you and what version of the custom cios you have?

4. Devvar

Newcomer Devvar Advanced Member

Australia
    Currently, 3.2 is the best firmware for homebrew and hacking because it has the trucha bug. You can also install Starfall on 3.2 which gives you semi-brick protection and semi-region free. 4.0 offers running WiiWare and Virtual Console off SD Card though.

5. AlphaAxe

Newcomer AlphaAxe Member

United States
    System Menu 4.0 is really not that much of an advantage, considering that the SD Card Menu does not literally 'load' games from the SD card you're using, it basically just copies it to NAND, then runs it. Besides, it takes longer to load too, and I can realize that even though this is convenient, it is nothing different from copying Channels(VC and WiiWare) back to your Wii.