Hacking 3.1e, need tochange/delete USB Loader and update?

rusty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running a M-Chip and soft mod on version 3.1e, have HBC and have been using USB Loader v 1 by Waninkoko. Some games come up with a blank screen or error #2. Is there a way of fixing these problems ? Wondering if I have to update or should I change usb loader (if so, how do I delete what's on there?)

Cheers!

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
What? OMG...you're the most outdated User I've ever seen here...congratulations o.O.

Now, USB-Loader:
-Install cIOS rev17
-Install CFG-Loader (best one. You could also try USBLoader GX or WiiFlow.)

And you're set. No need to update the Systemmenu if you only use the USBLoader. It only depends on the cIOS and the Loader, not the Menu.

BUT:

If you still want to use Discs to play games from the Disc Channel, and also want to play some WiiWare/VC-Games, you should try this one here. This will fix the Error #002 on the Disc Channel. It seems that you know how to block Updates, if not use Startpatch or Priiloader for that.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
rusty said:
how do I delete what's on there?
By selecting your old usb loader in the apps folder of your sd card (or hard drive), and pressing delete
biggrin.gif

edit: no harm in updating to 4.1 or 4.2 if u want to get the new sd card menu on your main system menu u can use my nus auto downloader. But like blue k says, u don't have to update to use usb loaders, so its up to you

oh yeah, cuz it sounds like your out of touch and ur wii is old... make sure u install bootmii as boot2 and u make a nand backup... u should do this first as it is a form of brick protection

rusty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
What? OMG...you're the most outdated User I've ever seen here...

-Install cIOS rev17
-Install CFG-Loader

And you're set. And no need to update the Systemmenu if you only use the USBLoader. It only depends on the cIOS and the Loader, not the Menu.

Ops! I didn't realise I was so out of date til I started reading up a bit
ohmy.gif

We do use disks and hoping to use emulators through HBC as well as the homebrew goodies we currently use through HBC...would that make a difference?

Thanks for the speedy response by the way!

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
rusty said:
Blue-K said:
What? OMG...you're the most outdated User I've ever seen here...

-Install cIOS rev17
-Install CFG-Loader

And you're set. And no need to update the Systemmenu if you only use the USBLoader. It only depends on the cIOS and the Loader, not the Menu.

Ops! I didn't realise I was so out of date til I started reading up a bit
ohmy.gif

We do use disks and hoping to use emulators through HBC as well as the homebrew goodies we currently use through HBC...would that make a difference?

Thanks for the speedy response by the way!
Nope, it won't make any difference. Most Homebrew relies on one IOS, and you already have that one.

But you should still check that you have the newest HBC, and look that you can install BootMii as Bootv2. This way your Wii will be safe from a Brick. Realy, this is a Must-Have. Do that first before doing anything:

Use that one here for that.

If you can install BootMii as Bootv2, do it, and make a backup of your NAND.

Ps: Updated my first Post a bit...

rusty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
rusty said:
how do I delete what's on there?
By selecting your old usb loader in the apps folder of your sd card (or hard drive), and pressing delete
biggrin.gif

edit: no harm in updating to 4.1 or 4.2 if u want to get the new sd card menu on your main system menu u can use my nus auto downloader. But like blue k says, u don't have to update to use usb loaders, so its up to you

oh yeah, cuz it sounds like your out of touch and ur wii is old... make sure u install bootmii as boot2 and u make a nand backup... u should do this first as it is a form of brick protection

Thank you
smile.gif
fingers crossed I'll do it step by step in a bit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I should be walking but legs are still sore
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I think that listening to the same 15 songs on the music player in my dad's car all the time made me kind of hate "normal" music.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, them use your hands
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Those are tired from last night
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop touching yourself
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wasn't
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then stop doing whatever you were doing last night
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Uremum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    -insert uremum joke here-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Too late
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I seen a bunny rabbit get swept up and taken by a hawk yesterday in my back yard, it left a bunch of rabbit hair in grass. Wild to see it fly off carrying a rabbit.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, was Luke that Bunny rabbit?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it was a small rabbit without lipstick, or no UFO propaganda
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was Leo the hawk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't see any kissing and loving, so prob not
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    True hawks have more pride
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [awaits K3Nv2's remarks for me] :unsure:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @AncientBoi, would be a better lover to luke he knows how to get in personal space better
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [sips my ☕ ]
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The other night was watching tv in my screened in porch, and heard something walking on my porch roof, thought maybe it was a raccoon, so I grabbed my rifle and went out to look, it was just a duck, lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shoot the duck free meal
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not allowed here in Ohio without Duck hunting permit, n it not in season yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just say it was trespassing and you thought it was ancientboi
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol