Hacking 3.1e, need tochange/delete USB Loader and update?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rusty
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,446
  • Replies Replies 6

rusty

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Feb 19, 2010
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Trophies
0
XP
60
Country
United States
I'm running a M-Chip and soft mod on version 3.1e, have HBC and have been using USB Loader v 1 by Waninkoko. Some games come up with a blank screen or error #2. Is there a way of fixing these problems ? Wondering if I have to update or should I change usb loader (if so, how do I delete what's on there?)

Cheers!
 
What? OMG...you're the most outdated User I've ever seen here...congratulations o.O.

Now, USB-Loader:
-Install cIOS rev17
-Install CFG-Loader (best one. You could also try USBLoader GX or WiiFlow.)

And you're set. No need to update the Systemmenu if you only use the USBLoader. It only depends on the cIOS and the Loader, not the Menu.

BUT:

If you still want to use Discs to play games from the Disc Channel, and also want to play some WiiWare/VC-Games, you should try this one here. This will fix the Error #002 on the Disc Channel. It seems that you know how to block Updates, if not use Startpatch or Priiloader for that.
 
rusty said:
how do I delete what's on there?
By selecting your old usb loader in the apps folder of your sd card (or hard drive), and pressing delete
biggrin.gif


edit: no harm in updating to 4.1 or 4.2 if u want to get the new sd card menu on your main system menu u can use my nus auto downloader. But like blue k says, u don't have to update to use usb loaders, so its up to you

oh yeah, cuz it sounds like your out of touch and ur wii is old... make sure u install bootmii as boot2 and u make a nand backup... u should do this first as it is a form of brick protection
 
Blue-K said:
What? OMG...you're the most outdated User I've ever seen here...

-Install cIOS rev17
-Install CFG-Loader

And you're set. And no need to update the Systemmenu if you only use the USBLoader. It only depends on the cIOS and the Loader, not the Menu.


Ops! I didn't realise I was so out of date til I started reading up a bit
ohmy.gif


We do use disks and hoping to use emulators through HBC as well as the homebrew goodies we currently use through HBC...would that make a difference?

Thanks for the speedy response by the way!
 
rusty said:
Blue-K said:
What? OMG...you're the most outdated User I've ever seen here...

-Install cIOS rev17
-Install CFG-Loader

And you're set. And no need to update the Systemmenu if you only use the USBLoader. It only depends on the cIOS and the Loader, not the Menu.


Ops! I didn't realise I was so out of date til I started reading up a bit
ohmy.gif


We do use disks and hoping to use emulators through HBC as well as the homebrew goodies we currently use through HBC...would that make a difference?

Thanks for the speedy response by the way!
Nope, it won't make any difference. Most Homebrew relies on one IOS, and you already have that one.

But you should still check that you have the newest HBC, and look that you can install BootMii as Bootv2. This way your Wii will be safe from a Brick. Realy, this is a Must-Have. Do that first before doing anything:

Use that one here for that.

If you can install BootMii as Bootv2, do it, and make a backup of your NAND.

Ps: Updated my first Post a bit...
 
xflak40 said:
rusty said:
how do I delete what's on there?
By selecting your old usb loader in the apps folder of your sd card (or hard drive), and pressing delete
biggrin.gif


edit: no harm in updating to 4.1 or 4.2 if u want to get the new sd card menu on your main system menu u can use my nus auto downloader. But like blue k says, u don't have to update to use usb loaders, so its up to you

oh yeah, cuz it sounds like your out of touch and ur wii is old... make sure u install bootmii as boot2 and u make a nand backup... u should do this first as it is a form of brick protection


Thank you
smile.gif
fingers crossed I'll do it step by step in a bit.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted