Status
Not open for further replies.

Zharay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome guide, got my Wii from 3.4U to 3.2U very smoothly. Only have one question: can we delete any of the wads we installed during the guide in the Wad Manager? Trying to free up space on my Wii and its bugging me that I can only have so little space to work with.

rzak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a bunch for the awesome guide!

Downgraded but had a couple issues that came up, hoping you guys can help:

QUOTE said:
+Run cIOS Installer in Homebrew Channel.
This installs the IOS needed by the launcher.

I reach the screen where it asks me to press the A button however I can't get any further (won't accept my A button pressings
smile.gif
)...

QUOTE+Load "Install Shop IOS51". Say Yes to installing IOS51 and Yes to patching a fix but No to the Wii Shop Channel.
Works, more or less, it doesn't give me the option to install the Wii Shop Channel, and once completed, it doesn't automatically restart... mind you, I already have the Wii Shop Channel installed (downgraded from 3.4U)...

EDIT: Nevermind, deleted and installed everything over again and it worked like a charm!

Thanks

adidas77

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
@ BIG MOE I'm getting the same issue that hotfishy got. I followed Emperor's guide and I'm stuck at step 1
+Load Wad Manager in Homebrew Channel and install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad OK
+Load Custom WM in Homebrew Channel and install cios_fix.wad OK
Load IOS Downgrader in Homebrew Channel. Just follow any prompts until it tells you it is complete. Not working
frown.gif

I did all the steps that you gave to I tried to hotfishy. Tried ATDelete 249 but I'm getting an error, found some post that talk about using cios-uninstaller_v1.0 and cios-uninstaller_v1.1 but both give me a black screen and my Wii is completely frozen.

Thanks for your help

crease

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Before i start lemme mention that this tutorial must be one of the easiest to follow.Just saying.

On to the point. After reading this really long thread, i didnt see any answers for my questions about my problem so im gonna mention it now. I have a 3.4U wii system with WiiGators Backup Loader Gamma0.3 installed as a channel,with no starfall, but I installed from another source and this seems to be more reliable. So here are my questions.

1)Will downgrading to 3.2U make a difference and make some of my games uncompatible and need updating? Or is that what Starfall is for?
2)If i do decide to install it this way, do i have to uninstall my current one?
3)How would I uninstall?(Is it AnyTitleDeleter or wad manager?)

Just a lil worried is all. I have a few games burnt but my PAL CoD:WaW, HotD: Overkill, WarioWare: Smooth Moves, and Sonic: Black Knight don't seem to work. I might've screwed up the install the first time because i had to use .elf files instead of .dol because i had a ticket error -2011 goin on for a while. Thas all.

My rant of the day, and I hope someone would help me out.

~Thanks

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
adidas77 said:
@ BIG MOE I'm getting the same issue that hotfishy got. I followed Emperor's guide and I'm stuck at step 1
+Load Wad Manager in Homebrew Channel and install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad OK
+Load Custom WM in Homebrew Channel and install cios_fix.wad OK
Load IOS Downgrader in Homebrew Channel. Just follow any prompts until it tells you it is complete. Not working
frown.gif

I did all the steps that you gave to I tried to hotfishy. Tried ATDelete 249 but I'm getting an error, found some post that talk about using cios-uninstaller_v1.0 and cios-uninstaller_v1.1 but both give me a black screen and my Wii is completely frozen.

Thanks for your help
ok once such error happen , we always suggest using ATDelete and delete IOS249 then start the process again from installing IOS16 step and carry on
wink.gif
it should work
wink.gif

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Nice guide! 2 questions:

1- I installed HBC and Backup Loader without using Starfall (just cIOS_Installer and running it directly through HBC), could that give me any problems?

2- How does the gamma launcher channel works? Does it has the gamma launcher app within or does it runs it from the apps folder?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
CockroachMan said:
Nice guide! 2 questions:

1- I installed HBC and Backup Loader without using Starfall (just cIOS_Installer and running it directly through HBC), could that give me any problems?
Starfall is for disc channel updates (not Backup launcher) and brick recovery,so decide if you want it.

2- How does the gamma launcher channel works? Does it has the gamma launcher app within or does it runs it from the apps folder?
It loads the apps that it is made for. No need for an SD card. basically, its the same as a wiiware/vc game

narokata

Trophies
XP
Country
hi, just wanted to say thanks to EOC for the files. after a few false starts and using a 0.3 backup launcher got everything going fine.
once again thank you very much you've made my son and i very happy
bow.gif

jabran200

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
just gotta say thanks to EOC. Sent me the files and I used the tutorial and downgrader to 3.2E frome 3.3E and have the gamme loader working now jsut need to test it.

Robinator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I made a small mistake while installing the homebrew channel, and am looking for some help before continuing. I accidently went to the step of using the cIOS downgrader, and skipped running the IOS downgrader. Should I continue with installing the IOS downgrader now, even after having already done the cIOS downgrader? At the moment the wii seems to have booted fine, but I am slightly nervous to continue having done the steps out of order.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
EmperorOfCanada said:
JKR Firefox said:
Either this is you or someone stole your tutorial...

http://f60s.com/forums/t/229188.aspx

No that isnt me. It was bound to happen sooner or later, thanks for pointing it out.
hahahaha , well that's the net I guess , happened to all of us I guess , but who cares we do this cause we can
wink.gif
they steal our work cause they cann't do better
wink.gif
lol

Robinator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EmperorOfCanada said:
I would think you should be fine
tongue.gif

I started up the IOS downgrader, and it was going fine for a while, but now it seems to have locked up on one of the 'downloading and installing content' parts. Its been stuck on one section of it for a good 20 minutes so far.

I'll leave it going until morning if I have too, but if it has completely locked up during this part, what should I do?

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Robinator said:
EmperorOfCanada said:
tongue.gif

I started up the IOS downgrader, and it was going fine for a while, but now it seems to have locked up on one of the 'downloading and installing content' parts. Its been stuck on one section of it for a good 20 minutes so far.

I'll leave it going until morning if I have too, but if it has completely locked up during this part, what should I do?
restart the system and run the App again
wink.gif

Robinator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BIG MOE said:
Robinator said:
EmperorOfCanada said:
tongue.gif

wink.gif

You mean just hit the reset button on the wii itself? Sorry if thats a bit silly to ask, I am actually just a bit paranoid here is all. haha.

Robinator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Robinator said:
BIG MOE said:
Robinator said:
EmperorOfCanada said:
tongue.gif

wink.gif

You mean just hit the reset button on the wii itself? Sorry if thats a bit silly to ask, I am actually just a bit paranoid here is all. haha.

The reset button isn't working... Neither is power... Is pulling the cord advisable?

VoonZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
i followed every steps precisely. Everythign works fine now!
but the wii shop channel wouldn't load.
at first i chose yes yes and no during the ios 51 patch and the shop channel just turned black screen and my wii wouldnt respond.

after that i went ahead and installed the shop channel. now i just turn black screena nd goes back tot he menu

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
VoonZ said:
i followed every steps precisely. Everythign works fine now!
but the wii shop channel wouldn't load.
at first i chose yes yes and no during the ios 51 patch and the shop channel just turned black screen and my wii wouldnt respond.

after that i went ahead and installed the shop channel. now i just turn black screena nd goes back tot he menu
thats cause it only works with the new menu 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone