Hacking 3.1-3.4 Twilight/Downgrade/Gamma Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zed123

Trophies
XP
Country
is it ok to use Wii connect24 and the shop channel after this hack???.... i've done this hack 2 weeks now but haven't dared go online or agree to WiiConect24 agreement

Thanx for the advice
biggrin.gif

Loop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brilliant simple tutorial! (one way to make it even simpler would be to number ALL of the steps in the HBC channel menu)
Got mine working perfectly.
Had some issues with "DVD read error 324", but got myself some Verbatim DVD-Rs (on sale at Best Buy)
I'm burning iso files using OSX (Apple) Disk Utilities and although the verification seems to fail, the disk I burnt works fine!
Many thanks EoC - long may you reign!!
bow.gif
grog.gif

**update although the isos I burnt seem to work so far....
ALL of the Verbatim disks are failing verification - even regular data DVDs - I think I may return them for the Memorex ones**

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Zed123 said:
is it ok to use Wii connect24 and the shop channel after this hack???.... i've done this hack 2 weeks now but haven't dared go online or agree to WiiConect24 agreement

Thanx for the advice
biggrin.gif

don't agree to any agreement cause the new one says it loud and clear it will force updates to your Wii , and I'm sure you don't want that to happen cause someone by a mistake can confirm it and here you go again with the whole hacks process , and we here it everyday (oh oh my Wii updated to 3.4 on it's own) ....etc , so no confirmation to any Nintendo agreement is better
wink.gif

wiinoob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help needed...

I followed the instruction installed homebrew. Then I go to step2 since my system is 3.1. After step2 my whole TV screen is shaking vertically and it also turned to black and white.

Anyone knows what is going on and how to fix it?

Thanks!!

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
wiinoob said:
Help needed...

I followed the instruction installed homebrew. Then I go to step2 since my system is 3.1. After step2 my whole TV screen is shaking vertically and it also turned to black and white.

Anyone knows what is going on and how to fix it?

Thanks!!
did you use the correct region upgrade for your system ??

wiinoob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EmperorOfCanada said:
Check your wii and tell us what firmware you have? If you are in US it should be 3.2U unless for some reason you own a european wii

It is 3.1U before I tried this hack. Now I couldn't check on setting since the screen just shaking and I can't click anything.

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
BIG MOE said:
Zed123 said:

Thanx for the advice
biggrin.gif

don't agree to any agreement cause the new one says it loud and clear it will force updates to your Wii , and I'm sure you don't want that to happen cause someone by a mistake can confirm it and here you go again with the whole hacks process , and we here it everyday (oh oh my Wii updated to 3.4 on it's own) ....etc , so no confirmation to any Nintendo agreement is better
wink.gif

So we cant have 24connect on anymore then??, as 24connect has always been turned on, and its never updated the FW without be serach for an update within the system menu??

Fulgore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, longtime lurker here.
smile.gif
I have firmware 3.3v1 with the 3.3v2 shop channel update plus IOS51 dealie (I think I chose to patch it), rev7 of the CIOS used for Gamma, and Homebrew Channel.

Is it safe to proceed at exactly what is written in step 1? Could I skip any steps or would I have to possibly reinstall any of the stuff I already have after going through the guide? I apologize if this has already been answered somewhere within this thread.

wiinoob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiinoob said:
EmperorOfCanada said:
Check your wii and tell us what firmware you have? If you are in US it should be 3.2U unless for some reason you own a european wii

It is 3.1U before I tried this hack. Now I couldn't check on setting since the screen just shaking and I can't click anything.

I think I did select USA, since I recalled that I saw there is a confirmation something like "region USA".

Any help is highly appreciated!

D

Deleted User

lettuce said:
BIG MOE said:
Zed123 said:

Thanx for the advice
biggrin.gif

wink.gif

So we cant have 24connect on anymore then??, as 24connect has always been turned on, and its never updated the FW without be serach for an update within the system menu??

Turned my wiiconnect24 on ever since the update, nothing happened.

Isn't the agreement, is just well, an agreement? I thought in the 3.2 firmware's coding there isn't any auto-update code?
Since Nintendo only stated that the auto-update feature only exists on 3.4. So my best bet is, it's safe to turn it on, but then, let's wait for a definite answer. Till then, I'll have my wiiconnect24 on.

wiinoob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EmperorOfCanada said:

I managed to connect it to my LCD monitor. It doesn't flash now (maybe my TV has problem?).

But the version is now 2.0E! I don't know what exactly I did. My original version is 3.1U.

what should I do??

wiinoob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiinoob said:
EmperorOfCanada said:

I managed to connect it to my LCD monitor. It doesn't flash now (maybe my TV has problem?).

But the version is now 2.0E! I don't know what exactly I did. My original version is 3.1U.

what should I do??

Also I checked the Custom IOS Downgrader v1.2, there is no option for 3.2, 3.3 etc. The options are 2.0E, 2.2U, 2.2J etc. Am I using wrong stuff? I am using EOC gamma pack.

D

Deleted User

IF you are able to go into the settings, you're ok.

What you have to do, is run cIOS Downgrader again, this time, choose 3.2U. After that, it would ask for changing some setting just click agree, yes, or whatever that is a positive.

Posts merged

Scratch that.

Hmm....

Well, anyregionchanger should do the job. But beware, it's a very dangerous program.

Ask around on how to use ARC

wiinoob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afif95 said:

What you have to do, is run cIOS Downgrader again, this time, choose 3.2U. After that, it would ask for changing some setting just click agree, yes, or whatever that is a positive.

Posts merged

Scratch that.

Hmm....

Well, anyregionchanger should do the job. But beware, it's a very dangerous program.

I must be out of mind. I need to scroll to get to 3.2U. Now I've completed all steps!

Big thanks!!

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
wiinoob said:
afif95 said:

Posts merged

Scratch that.

Hmm....

I must be out of mind. I need to scroll to get to 3.2U. Now I've completed all steps!

Big thanks!!

hahahahaha you drove us nuts man
wink.gif
good for you , enjoy it .

reefer30

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi all, my 1st post here....(been reading all 16 pages)

Ok, what i have done so far is all steps....
- downgrading to 3.2E (came from 3.4E)
- installed all Cios and other stuff.

All install were without errors. Really flawless... but everytime i put in a DVD (Philips DVD-RW burned at 2x, 3x and 4x speed) and run backup loader from the channel, the screen stays black. when i open Backup launcher Gamma without a disc in. put a disc in an launch game in about 5 seconds i droppes back to the menu with no error msg. In tried to patch my iso's, tried it without the patch, with isobricker and without.. makes no difference..... Burner is from BenQ, tried burning with nero img burn, imgburn.

- Could it be that i need to use actuall DVD-R or can -RW work aswell ?

- After trying this 3 times now i am gonna ask here... What else can i try then rediong the installs and following the step (in a really easy to follow) tutorial.

- Is there a way too make a hard reset to my Wii, so i am sure nothing else then standard is installed ? So i can (yes i want this to work) do it all over again.

I know there have been people(MrCapCom) with the same problem.. (black screen and DVD that keeps loading) maybe they can tell me what they did to solve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto