Hacking 2i not working in DSi

Morpha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I just recently got my AceKard and I have been having issues with it in my DSi. When I put it into my DSi, it shows up on the select screen. Then when I select it, it says 'Error, please consult the DSi operations manual' or something to that effect. I have not been having any issues with my DSLite or the original DS.

Is there something I am doing wrong? Thanks.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morpha said:
Hey, I just recently got my AceKard and I have been having issues with it in my DSi. When I put it into my DSi, it shows up on the select screen. Then when I select it, it says 'Error, please consult the DSi operations manual' or something to that effect. I have not been having any issues with my DSLite or the original DS.

Is there something I am doing wrong? Thanks.
quick question - when it shows up on DSi select screen - what icon does it show

is it "AK" or "Danny Phantom" ?

If it shows "AK" then the Ak2i has not been updated to bypass the Nintendo 1.4 firmware upgrade, & to fix this you'll need either a DSLite or DSPhat to do so, since it seems your DSi has 1.4 firmware installed

There's a post somewhere here that tell how to do it - you'll have to search for it though

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country

thesaint08

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I am getting the same error on my DSi which is on 1.2 firmware.

It works perfectly on my DS Lite, so unsure as to what the problem is, anyone help?
I have tried 2 different acekard loaders, and one AKAIO on it with the same result.

I can only think that it is incorrectly labelled as a DSi cart.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thesaint08 said:
I am getting the same error on my DSi which is on 1.2 firmware.

It works perfectly on my DS Lite, so unsure as to what the problem is, anyone help?
I have tried 2 different acekard loaders, and one AKAIO on it with the same result.

Check it's not a clone http://www.acekard.com/news.php as some of those appear to be having those issues and also appear to a AK2.1 to the DS.

Otherwise it's down to the retailer as they have to manually put the stickers on the Acekarts.

thesaint08

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rydian said:
Just making sure, it's 2i and not "2.1", right?

tk_saturn said:
QUOTE(thesaint08 @ Feb 26 2010, 11:28 AM) I am getting the same error on my DSi which is on 1.2 firmware.

Check it's not a clone http://www.acekard.com/news.php as some of those appear to be having those issues and also appear to a AK2.1 to the DS.

Otherwise it's down to the retailer as they have to manually put the stickers on the Acekarts.

Thanks guys.

Problem solved. I had some more DSi cards at home, and put the Micro SD card in another, and it worked first time.
It seems that it is indeed incorrectly labelled.

Will let DX know, and get a replacement.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright