2G iPod Touch Jailbreaking?

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by zackfiles, Sep 16, 2011.

Sep 16, 2011
  1. zackfiles
    OP

Newcomer zackfiles Advanced Member

Canada
    Sorry if I seem like a newbie to all of this, because I definitely am [​IMG]

I just bought a 2nd Generation 8GB iPod Touch, and I'm wondering if you guys could recommend me the best jailbreaking software that's out there. Am I even using the right term? Jailbreaking?
    I really want to turn my iPod Touch in to the greatest device ever, and load it up with games, useful apps, and music. The music is easy enough for me to put in, but games and apps? I have no clue where to begin. Is "jailbreaking" what I want to do in this case?
    I mean, I could just walk in to a local cafe and hear people saying that they used "blackrain" (or something) to download all their apps and games and videos, and I'm just thinking, why can't I do that...

So I was just wondering, what's the best thing I can do to my iPod? Which "jailbreak" should I use for best results?

Thank you!!

2. ProtoKun7

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
    I'm by no means an expert on iPod/iPhone matters, but I have a 2G and I used redsn0w, I think.
    Maybe that's a good place to start? [​IMG]

Take a look at this guide and see if it helps.

3. Tom

Member Tom Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder

United States
    jailbreakme.com sounds good for you just go to it on ur ipod browser and it will JB u with one swipe
    if not use limra1n bassicaly blackra1n 2.0
    p.s im an expert ive fixed my devices numerous times

4. emugirl1994

Newcomer emugirl1994 Advanced Member

United States
    If you want to get the full extent of your iTouch, jailbreaking allows easy access to do that. As for jailbreaking tools, I have a 2nd gen 16GB iTouch and use redsnow to jailbreak it. For the games you're talking about, there's *edited* along with user created games and plenty of emulators. Hope that helps.