Hacking 2DSaver (Beta) - Fix your 2DS format brick - Testers needed

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Here I am waiting for news for 9.2 brick cases and some @Ksalame asking questions about how to get a job -_- seriously

Come on now, he believes that everyone deserves help and that we should help him to get a job .. wait what?

@gamesquest1 Thanks for the laughs :rofl2:

*ahem* I'll stop derailing this thread now.

Last edited by Distrance,

Hackerman_2137

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello guys, my friend yesterday soft-bricked his 2DS, luckly he has NAND backup. I've tried hardmod, but 2DS doesnt work with Transcend P8, and in my country i cant get any Anker. Now i've got only second 3DS, Raspberry Pi, softbricked 2DS, and Trancend P8. Any ideas ? :/

P.S ive tried many card readers and no result (wiring is good, everything checked twice), and sadly on 2DS there is no A9LH or Luma

bocky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

I have bricked my 2ds in this way. Just wondering if there is anything special to try and boot directly to a 3ds gamecart? I plan on grabbing a copy of Ocarina (I have a NAND backup), but in the mean time I am just trying to boot to Pokemon Alpha Sapphire by holding X Y A B and R bumper, when I turn it on its just a blank screen. Do only certain games boot with skipping inital setup or should all of them work?

Thanks

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Hi guys,

I have bricked my 2ds in this way. Just wondering if there is anything special to try and boot directly to a 3ds gamecart? I plan on grabbing a copy of Ocarina (I have a NAND backup), but in the mean time I am just trying to boot to Pokemon Alpha Sapphire by holding X Y A B and R bumper, when I turn it on its just a blank screen. Do only certain games boot with skipping inital setup or should all of them work?

Thanks
If the firmware on the cart (minimum kernel version technically) is too high, the system will error or just turn off. Zelda will be fine.

bocky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If the firmware on the cart (minimum kernel version technically) is too high, the system will error or just turn off. Zelda will be fine.

Awesome man. Thanks so much. This should save me from going to a Nintendo service center :) Then having a stock 2DS on 11.3. If this works for me, am I allowed to donate to you? you saved me $$$

zoogie

OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome man. Thanks so much. This should save me from going to a Nintendo service center :) Then having a stock 2DS on 11.3. If this works for me, am I allowed to donate to you? you saved me $$$
I don't take donations, but the compliment was appreciated, thanks. ^_^

zoogie

OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
:)

One last thing, my friend has a Gateway cart, if I put Cubic ninja on that, will that work? Or is it just Sky3DS?
Just sky3ds. Gateway needs cfw (arm9 access) to work. If you had that already, you wouldn't need 2dsaver :P

Your friend's gateway enabled system will be useful for flashing the 2dsaver payload to your OOT cart (or sky3ds) though.
Otherwise you need powersaves3ds or a DSlite/phat + DS flashcard to flash the save.

Last edited by zoogie,

bocky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just sky3ds. Gateway needs cfw (arm9 access) to work. If you had that already, you wouldn't need 2dsaver :P

Whoops. Sorry for the n00bness. :shy:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Your friend's gateway enabled system will be useful for flashing the 2dsaver payload to your OOT cart (or sky3ds) though.
Otherwise you need powersaves3ds or a DSlite/phat + DS flashcard to flash the save.

Well, lucky I already have a 3DS XL that I previously hacked successfully. Just gotta get my hands on OOT now :)

Reactions: zoogie

bocky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Also, just a quick one. My friend has an R4 card? Will loading this up work? Or does that rely on CFW as well? I heard its essentially a Sky3DS?

Ksalame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Zoogie, I was wondering about your progress on the development of a JPN QR code for Cubic Ninja to skip the 3D slider setup screen? I have 2 Japanese school mates who are still waiting for the QR code to be released so I can loan them my Cubic Ninja to unbrick their JPN 2DS. I hope it goes well.

Ksalame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello Zoogie, I've been waiting very patiently for the JPN QR Code for Cubic Ninja to unbrick my JPN 2DS that's stuck on the 3D slider setup screen. I was wondering if you can give me a modded Cubic Ninja save so I can flash it using Homebrew on my friend's JPN 3DS. And then, run the Hax on my JPN 2DS. This would be an excellent way to avoid my jpn 2DS from freezing whilst scanning the jpn QR code. Thank you.

Last edited by Ksalame,

Ksalame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

This is not even close to the highest cause of bricks in this community, but there has been quite a few people over the years who didn't get the message that formatting a 2ds with < 6.0 firmware is a surefire ┬┴┬┴┤( ͡° ͜ʖ‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌├┬┴┬┴.

No longer! Introducing 2DSaver, a simple Cubic Ninja QR code that will tell the 2ds to skip the system setup, effectively saving your 2ds! :)

Update!! 2DSaver_installer, a .3dsx installer and Powerdumps3DS, a cart save -> powersaves3DS save tool has been added.
Update! Zelda OOT now supported! Only some powersaves support just yet - working on getting them all.
Source uploaded as well.
Attached.

What you need:
- A 2ds with a format brick (stuck on the 'please turn up the 3d slider' during system setup).
- The system must not have an overall firmware of 7.0+.
-Cubic Ninja or any Sky3ds with Cubic Ninja ROM for your region.
-USA or EUR system.
-The QR provided below. Internet connection or extra files not necessary.

What to do (Cubic Ninja):
1. Insert your Cubic Ninja/Sky3ds cartridge, and hold A+B+X+Y+RT and turn on the power.
2. Clear any previous Cubic Ninja save. Hold X+Y+LT+RT on the 'Menu' Screen (the one after the title screen).
3. Scan the QR. The app should tell you if it worked or it. (on the older qr: Light grey screen is success, black signals an error)
4. Power off the system and restart it. That long-lost Home Menu should appear like magic!
5. Make sure you go back to system settings to set your user name, language, region/state etc., birthdate, and time as these not being initialized could limit the operation of system apps like the browser. Thanks @SolMeiLei for this info.

What to do (Zelda OOT):
0. Using a second 3ds, inject the 2DSaver payload into your Zelda OOT savegame with the installer .3dsx attached below.
1. Insert your OOT/Sky3ds cartridge, and hold A+B+X+Y+RT and turn on the power.
2. Press A. Select "2DSavers" slot then A a couple of times until the app triggers. Don't move link when he appears.
3. The app should inform you if it succeeded. This can't currently work on firmware 7.0+ and in chn/twn/kor regions. The regions I mentioned might actually work but the screen freezed for me.
4. Power off the system and restart it. That long-lost Home Menu should appear like magic!
5. Make sure you go back to system settings to set your user name, language, region/state etc., birthdate, and time as these not being initialized could limit the operation of system apps like the browser. Thanks @SolMeiLei for this info.
Warning:
- This is a beta, so only scan if you are ok with the risks. It writes to a NAND save file; probably not dangerous, but there are no guarantees. Please help test if you have a hard mod -- on any 3ds model. Just see if you can pass the system setup by scanning the QR.
- After you fix your 2ds with 2dsaver, it is STRONGLY recommended you update from 2.1 with a previously dumped NAND(min).bin backup of a higher firmware only. CART/internet updating is NOT recommended for new or old 3ds! Users report being stuck on whatever firmware they update to or brick.

How it works:
A small program is embedded in a Cubic Ninja QR code that obtains cfg:i service not normally in Cubic Ninja with this exploit by yellows8. This is part of the RsaVerifySha256 firm 4.5 arm9 exploit chain made (in)famous by Gateway a few years ago. The program then calls SetConfigInfoBlk4 to modify the config nand savegame that the system checks to know whether to burden you with a system setup or not.

ToDo:
-JPN support. Possibly other regions.
-7.0+ support.
-Get powersaves3DS images for single system OOT installation of 2DSaver. The community can help if they have a cfw 3ds and Zelda OOT card. They can use the attached Powerdumps3DS app to dump them. Needed: EU and JP saves.
Zelda OOT support.
Source upload.

Greets:
yellows8 - for 3dbrew documentation and the srv: pm sploit
b1l1s - used his 2xrsa implementation of the srv: pm sploit as a guide
smealum - for ninjhax1.1b and 2.x, the base environments of this progam
Myria - for powersaves header RE used in Powerdumps3DS
daxtsu, key1340, SolMeiLei - for powersave images
lenny - for reasons

Powersaves images:
Please upload the missing (ones with no link) 2dsaver injected Powersaves if you can! No need to ask me if I need them, of course I do!
You need the actual Zelda cart and a 3ds with CFW. Just boot the Powerdumps3ds.cia linked below and press A with the game inserted. Make sure 2dsaver was already injected to the game with 2dsaver_installer.3dsx attached below. If you don't know what ChipID (like C2******) you have, just upload it anyway and I'll figure it out.

USA
C2******
45******

EUR
C2******
45******

JPN
C2******
45******

KOR
CHNTWN
Hello again Zoogie, I was wondering if it's possible to flash a modded Cubic Ninja save using my friend's JPN 3DS and then use it on my JPN 2DS to either run Homebrew or reboot into decrypt9.bin so I can restore from a clean 9.2 firmware image file?

Last edited by Ksalame,

I_AM_L_FORCE

Unban me from Discord
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello again Zoogie, I was wondering if it's possible to flash a modded Cubic Ninja save using my friend's JPN 3DS and then use it on my JPN 2DS to either run Homebrew or reboot into decrypt9.bin so I can restore from a clean 9.2 firmware image file?
He'll get to you, patience my friend.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

Hopefully he doesn't. The guy just can't take a hint .. Stop freaking spamming him about when X is done. Constantly asking the same question over and over and over again will only have a negative effect on his motivation to finish the JPN support. It's his fault he's bricked so why is he acting like he's entitled to the solution of fixing his 3DS .. If he can't wait then he should code it himself or maybe he shouldn't have bricked it in the first place.

Also as far as I know, this and Ninjhax are the only related cubic ninja exploits. Based on this page, there is no save-hax method this guy can use to boot into HBL at this moment because all of the methods listed on that page require a minimum of 9.x FW to run HBL.

Last edited by Distrance,

Ksalame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hopefully he doesn't. The guy just can't take a hint .. Stop freaking spamming him about when X is done. Constantly asking the same question over and over and over again will only have a negative effect on his motivation to finish the JPN support. It's his fault he's bricked so why is he acting like he's entitled to the solution of fixing his 3DS .. If he can't wait then he should code it himself or maybe he shouldn't have bricked it in the first place.

Also as far as I know, this and Ninjhax are the only related cubic ninja exploits. Based on this page, there is no save-hax method this guy can use to boot into HBL at this moment because all of the methods listed on that page require a minimum of 9.x FW to run HBL.
Is it possible to flash a modded Cubic Ninja save and then use it to reboot into decrypt9.bin so I can restore from a clean image file?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is it possible to flash a modded Cubic Ninja save and then use it to reboot into decrypt9.bin so I can restore from a clean image file?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
sell your cubic ninja on ebay, that should easily net you enough to buy a oot cart, you could probably buy one off someone on gbatemp with 2dsaver already installed
just a reminder, this option would probably leave you with money left over and you can do it right now without having to hold out for a Dev to make a fix

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock