Hacking 2DSaver (Beta) - Fix your 2DS format brick - Testers needed

heiyu04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Here is how to fix the 3D slider brick using ntrboot without doing a full ctrtransfer:
A second working 3DS is needed, or you can have someone dump the file in step 1-3 from their console and share it. Would this file be allowed to post here? If so it could be added to the instructions. Should be fine, right? It's just system config savedata.

Instructions
  1. Load GodMode9 on the working console from ntrboot/B9S
  2. From the root GodMode9 menu, navigate to [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND -> data -> {a folder with random numbers} -> sysdata -> 00010017
  3. Select 00000000, then select Copy to 0:/gm9/out
  4. Press START+R to power off the 3DS and copy this file to the SD card in the bricked console
  5. Load GodMode9 on the bricked console
  6. Navigate to [0: ] SDCARD and find the file you copied
  7. Press Y on the file to copy it
  8. Back out until you are back at the main screen and again navigate to [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND -> data -> {a folder with random numbers} -> sysdata -> 00010017
  9. Press Y again to paste and unlock writing according to the onscreen instructions, relock when done
  10. Press A on the file you just copied and select Calculate CMAC
  11. Press START to reboot
  12. Go in System Settings and change anything that's wrong such as birthday, nickname etc. since the settings will be cloned from the working console.
  13. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Thanks to @TurdPooCharger for testing the steps to make sure they work and for pointing out that you also need to fix the CMAC.
According to your steps, all of them are cloned except WiFi. Isn't WiFi information stored in this file

agiov

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi,
I just found my old 2ds stuck in 2017 on 3d calibration and today I decided to buy the cubic ninja card to unlock it, hoping that this works, once unlocked how can I get the screen back to normal and no more stretched? then I read that by updating the console you can run into another brick regarding the black screen, so how do I update the console? I would like to point out that I don't have the nand backup and that I lost the sd card with the modification so do I have to start again with another sd? Im sorry for the english and I wait your reply. Thank you

Last edited by agiov,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 16 is becoming bare minimum for today's gaymes +1