2ds XL arm 11 error help

brtatu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, my N2DS is randomly giving me arm 11 error: when i boot up, or playing games, or even going to settings app, if i hit the console in its back sometimes it doesn’t give me that error. I‘ve already reinstalled boot.firm, ctrnand, tested other SD cards, deleted some key folders. This arm 11 problem also happens when i boot without sd card. Any ideias? Thanks in advance.

sucrose1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Physical shock affects the frequency of the Arm11 error? Sorry to say but it sounds like a hardware problem. Does the presence of a game card affect things? Test the N2DSXL with and without a game card loaded.

If it still randomly gets an Arm11 error, if possible you should follow the steps at 3ds.hacks.guide to remove all the CFW (Luma3DS, Boot9Strap and GodMode9) and get a repair setup with Nintendo, they still fix N2DSXLs for a price.

Reactions: brtatu

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi, my N2DS is randomly giving me arm 11 error: when i boot up, or playing games, or even going to settings app, if i hit the console in its back sometimes it doesn’t give me that error. I‘ve already reinstalled boot.firm, ctrnand, tested other SD cards, deleted some key folders. This arm 11 problem also happens when i boot without sd card. Any ideias? Thanks in advance.
Ah, the old percussive maintenance trick.
If physical shock helps it sounds like there is a cracked solder joint somewhere or a crack internally in one of the ICs that works intermittently and the physical shock can get it to temporarily connect again, but it can and will worsen the crack or cause more cracks to appear.

Reactions: brtatu

brtatu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Physical shock affects the frequency of the Arm11 error? Sorry to say but it sounds like a hardware problem. Does the presence of a game card affect things? Test the N2DSXL with and without a game card loaded.

If it still randomly gets an Arm11 error, if possible you should follow the steps at 3ds.hacks.guide to remove all the CFW (Luma3DS, Boot9Strap and GodMode9) and get a repair setup with Nintendo, they still fix N2DSXLs for a price.
When I insert the game card I get the error more often.
Ah, the old percussive maintenance trick.
If physical shock helps it sounds like there is a cracked solder joint somewhere or a crack internally in one of the ICs that works intermittently and the physical shock can get it to temporarily connect again, but it can and will worsen the crack or cause more cracks to appear.
Yeah, it sounds like a hardware issue. I'm going to buy some screwdrivers to open it and reconnect the flat cables. If it doesn't work... maybe change the motherboard?

Thanks bros, you've helped a lot :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...