2ds XI or new 3ds XI?

ultradens

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I want to buy a new version of the 3ds family because some homebrews are only compatible with newer versions but which one should I buy?

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly. Id go with a N3DS XL. Yeah, its a bit more money, but its also better built than the N2DS XL is.

I have both N3DS (non-XL) and the Hyrulian 2DS XL, and I suggest the N3DS (non-xl) if the size isn't a factor... Also, you can change the covers, I do often..

I have had the XL versions of 3ds but found the 3d most stable/usable on the non-xl. Obviously the 3d is not as much a concern if you are considering the 2ds XL.. Besides the batteries are harder to change in the 2DS XL, when you need to.

BTW the Hyrulian 2ds is a bit better construction imo than the other 2ds'.

ultradens

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
it also seems like the n3ds's sd card is much harder to access.
but the smaller version n3ds has smaller screen does that effect when playing games?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want to buy a new version of the 3ds family because some homebrews are only compatible with newer versions
I can't imagine what would be so great as to warrant that kind of investment. Certainly nothing you couldn't play just as easily on another, much-less-expensive unit.

but i will need to buy an extra charger though
You can get a USB 3DS charging cable for practically nothing. (I do not understand why people are so eager to risk ruining their consoles with USB mods.)

it also seems like the n3ds's sd card is much harder to access.
You should probably avoid handling the SD card as much as possible anyway. It's easy enough to manage wirelessly, especially with CFW installed.

but the smaller version n3ds has smaller screen does that effect when playing games?
The games play exactly the same as they do on any other 3DS console.

Ondrashek06

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
lmfao. Do you know how rare its going to be to even think of getting a random dual IPS screen console at this point? Would say to just be happy with what you can get.
And when I say that switches which can be homebrewed are rare, I instantly get shamed.

Meanwhile one is just a better screen, and the other lets you access a LOT of stuff.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
By all accounts 3DS units in general are very expensive lately, unless you import one. That's why I think it makes so little sense to get one just for "homebrew". (I guess streaming is still kind of significant, but how many people seriously need to stream?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Tbh isn't that already couch casting