Hardware 2DS not turning on

Youser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My 2ds battery died after normal use and was on charge overnight. Now it won't turn on. No lights or anything. When charger is plugged in and orange light comes on but the 2ds wont turn on. It's only a few months old :(

Read similar threads and tried with the SD but no luck.

Any suggestions?

Alm

Hero of Prophecy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the battery popped, happen to mines too. need a replacement. Also, don't overcharge. Doing so will make it occur again.

Reactions: Youser

Youser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What type of battery is it?

It's still under warranty so I don't really want to open it up and void that just incase I take that route. It also has CFW installed. If I were to send it to Nintendo, would replacing the memory card with tge original be enough to cover up the CFW?

As it doesn't turn on, would they even know?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, why doesn't it turn on when connected to the mains? Does it still need a working battery for that?

Alm

Hero of Prophecy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What type of battery is it?

It's still under warranty so I don't really want to open it up and void that just incase I take that route. It also has CFW installed. If I were to send it to Nintendo, would replacing the memory card with tge original be enough to cover up the CFW?

As it doesn't turn on, would they even know?

Also, why doesn't it turn on when connected to the mains? Does it still need a working battery for that?

If i presume, I'm sure there is 2 version of batteries. One is weaker than the other. If i remember, maybe 3.2v and 3.7v.

Reactions: Youser
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Replacing the battery won’t void the warranty
Putting a 3rd party battery in there might though.
As it's not easily accessible (for some) I thought that you may void warranty if you open the back cover.

So it's most likely the battery even though it's 3 months old?
It's designed to be user replaceable, so no worries there.
It shouldn't fail that quickly, but manufacturing faults do happen. They make so many of these things there are bound to be the occasional problems that QC and testing can't catch.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
D

Deleted User

Are you sure you don't have the standby switch on when the console is off? because you won't be able to turn it on if the switch is on when the console is off.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
just get a similar battery and get this over with. they can be easily bought in online selection shops.
If he can get it replaced for free by Nintendo that's even better.
Are you sure you don't have the standby switch on when the console is off? because you won't be able to turn it on if the switch is on when the console is off.
Good point. I hadn't thought of that.

Alm

Hero of Prophecy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If he can get it replaced for free by Nintendo that's even better.
yeah sure, but it will be longer to receive the new battery replacement doing so all depending on assumptions.

let's see

As it's not easily accessible (for some) I thought that you may void warranty if you open the back cover.

So it's most likely the battery even though it's 3 months old?
check if you got the sleep switch on.

Youser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sleep mode definitely not on. I even tried to turn it on with sleep on. Tried to boot into godmode as well... nothing. Seems completely dead.

Had no problems with it since bought. Last time it was used it was absolutely fine till the battery ran out from use. Was left on charge overnight and now won't turn on.

I bought it off Amazon and their customer service is great. Offered a replacement straight away but none in stock :sad: saying it could take a month.

I'm thinking of waiting a month instead of sorting it out with Nintendo, just incase they find it has CFW and then decline the warranty.

Alm

Hero of Prophecy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sleep mode definitely not on. I even tried to turn it on with sleep on. Tried to boot into godmode as well... nothing. Seems completely dead.

Had no problems with it since bought. Last time it was used it was absolutely fine till the battery ran out from use. Was left on charge overnight and now won't turn on.

I bought it off Amazon and their customer service is great. Offered a replacement straight away but none in stock :sad: saying it could take a month.

I'm thinking of waiting a month instead of sorting it out with Nintendo, just incase they find it has CFW and then decline the warranty.

I hope the best for your console and that it comes back safe. hopefully it was just a battery issue.

Alm

Hero of Prophecy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
was that the problem with yours?

yeah, back then, my stock battery pack of 3.2v exploded. didn't had a huge "bomb". it was just a big bump. i realize it when my 2ds wasn't playing for long. it would just turn red in 3 hours instead of 7. i felt a curvature on the back of my 2ds and that's how i find out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Happy birthday!