Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
So no major hints or releases like BootMii?

frown.gif

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
quincy_xD said:
So no major hints or releases like BootMii?

frown.gif
They showed BootMii really quickly at the end. They showed that it works; they turned on the Wii, it booted and when they pressed the A button it launched the homebrew channel right away.

The release date was "when it's done".

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
It was fake... no I believe it and all.... but they could have presented their BootMii project a little better and answered things a little better.... I was not impressed with the presentation or whatever you may call it.... Out of the 2, Bushings was a little more "presentable" by addressing certain things we all wanted to hear... but overall... they just wanted to show their "Brute Force" methods and expect Mr. HowYuHackaMyWii to come kissing their ring fingers or something.... I don't really know what that was all about... and I am sure Marcan has some logical and cocky answer... so we'll see what they have to say... because I am most certain he will consider this thread to be a review on his lacking performance.... no Oscar awards for best supporting "H"actor... and no prize for most burned calories on WiiFit either....lay off those Super Mario Muffins, Marcan!
smile.gif

Jytach

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
IronMask said:
It was fake... no I believe it and all.... but they could have presented their BootMii project a little better and answered things a little better.... I was not impressed with the presentation or whatever you may call it.... Out of the 2, Bushings was a little more "presentable" by addressing certain things we all wanted to hear... but overall... they just wanted to show their "Brute Force" methods and expect Mr. HowYuHackaMyWii to come kissing their ring fingers or something.... I don't really know what that was all about... and I am sure Marcan has some logical and cocky answer... so we'll see what they have to say... because I am most certain he will consider this thread to be a review on his lacking performance.... no Oscar awards for best supporting "H"actor... and no prize for most burned calories on WiiFit either....lay off those Super Mario Muffins, Marcan!
smile.gif

I actually liked it =)
Had no problems understanding them, and I'm not a native speaker.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
berlinka said:
When thinking back about what happened during the event, I think still the most interesting part was the Firefox interruptions and the empty Wiimote batteries.... I genuinely was not impressed with anything else.

Here is a conspiracy theory for empty batteries... Maybe bootmii didn't support wiimotes and only gamecube controller... so they faked the empty battery stuff...

gundalf

Trophies
XP
Country
IronMask said:
Yea, so what was this "conference" supposed to be about then??? Was there more to it... Was Nintendo waiting for them after the presentation to award them with a lifetime supply of Super Mario cereal??

That was an convention and everyone could go there who was interested.
What is now so hard to understand about it?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Finally managed to beat the streams and my setup so they worked (most of the streams I have got from the conference are bad in some way and WMV/OGM is not my favourite thing at the best of times).

Interesting, I know they could not exactly do a "piracy masterclass" but they did leave some serious details out of it (IOS16, cIOS, DVD drive stuff). The other side of it is this appeared to be a presentation for outsiders and well I have been there for the last year and even used the info from it all to teach myself more about cryptography (turns out many people would rather I did not know much on the subject so that was the "red rag to a bull" once again).

edit: Will throw together and avisynth script shortly to make it better. Directshowsource will be used unless people want a ffmpegsource version.

Here it is, the join is not my fault as the actual streams I have missed out a bit.
CODEa=directshowsource("Tag2-Saal2-Slot21 45--ID2799-console_hacking_2008-Main-2008-12-28T21 45 08+0100.ogm").trim(288925,0)
b=directshowsource("Tag2-Saal2-Slot21 45--ID2799-console_hacking_2008-Main-2008-12-28T22 19 36+0100.ogm").trim(335750,0)
a+b

I have no real intention of upping the quality or adding subtitles but if someone really wants then I can probably do something.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
It doesn't matter. They're hackers, not announcers.
exactly, if they were totally prepared, it would of made it look like they're not the hackers but the announcers only, yet they are the hackers, and I'm glad they hit a few snags during the conference, makes it more so real!

Just look at the German anouncer talking about DNA bollox before hand, could you understand any of that crap?
too much Zis zis zis zis zis, erm erm erm erm, UK can zerrrrrr do more with durrrrrr DNA with this that etc, hehe

atleast with marcan & bushing they just spoke straight forward, and in pretty much detail as we expected...couldn't understand them? guess your English is rubbish or ears may need cleaning?

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only problem I had with the presentation was that for people on this board it was nothing more than a summory of what we've all been experiencing over the past year. I was hoping for more new information myself. I think they got a little offtrack at times like when Bushing spent 2 minutes describing the procedure to copy a save file from SD to Wii. I think what it comes down to is that if your here reading these forums you're pretty much on the cutting edge of Wii hacking/homebrew development.
Overall it was fun to watch, I just wish there had been a little more discussion about BootMii. After all, isn't everyone here just anxious for BootMii to come out so they can have their Wii boot directly to the You Vote Channel.

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jizmo said:
After all, isn't everyone here just anxious for BootMii to come out so they can have their Wii boot directly to the You Vote Channel.

not me i couldn't care less the only thing im anxious about is animated banners and out of those i only want two and maybe if the tools are released redo the HBC because im bored with the waves.

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but you missed the point they were trying to tell Nintendo and most of the other game console companies... that they are not perfect. So really what's the point? If it was a conference, convention, kiss and tell or whatever... it was pretty lame considering their approach to the conference... I meean conference... There was no real proof in the stream... I guess we had to be there? What happened behind the camera? Anyone want to speak for what we didn't see if they were making the point that they hacked their system with BootMii... anyone can go up there with some sort of "half-assed" skit and a fake demo... I am kind of agreeing with Wiicrazy's theory about the Wiimote conveniently not having batteries and the overhead display flails... That was totally unprepared or made to look like it was unprepared for some reason. So I guess it would be Nintendo's rebuttal (arguement) that there was no real proof if it was a public addressing statement to let them know that they were "stupid" or whatever word that Marcan used to describe their team of coders and engineers... So who was really looking like the fool there? Who has made millions and who has just made an ass out of themselves?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ShinyLuxio @ ShinyLuxio:
    @BigOnYa thanks but my question isn't there
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ask your questions there, create a new thread if its not already answered, then eventually a 3ds genius will respond.
  • ShinyLuxio @ ShinyLuxio:
    I will, thanks
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No prob and btw, welcome to gbatemp! :grog:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 I got some cheapies at wallys, that are pretty good, already have lost a few expensive ones (one falls out and gone, can't find) while cutting grass so bought some cheap ones, and of course never lose these cheap ones. (Cheap meaning only $35, compared to air buds which I only have 1 of 2 now)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They need to add air tags to they airbuds..
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa the airtags are bigger than the airpods, they won't fit
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Be cool tech tho. Of course they want to lose them anyways. Buy and buy again.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Apple could make a find my AirPods thing pretty easily
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You would think, esp using bluetooth, not GPS, like a "your getting hot-er" meter on your phone.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think they should tie up diddy, and let all the victims come and abuse him, we'll make a holiday of it every year. (jk, maybe)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm starting to sound like a Tck Gonna cut myself off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's not 4th of July yet
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It is in India.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wow, only $700?
  • SnowStormAkikaze @ SnowStormAkikaze:
    Hey :)
    If I book mark the topic where can I read them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with the profile icon highlighted at the top, and the "bookmarks" banner next to it in gray. Click on that icon and you'll get a list of your bookmarks.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Banners we don't need no stinking banners! Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [bans you for not taking a bath] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Who bans the banners?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I just did
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just did