30C3 hacker conference to start on the 27th. Wii U talk happening.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In other news nothing news worthing came out of this conference.

Depends what you classify as news worthy. As far as anybody is likely to have homebrew and ROMs on the Wii U in the near future not so much. In terms of an interesting breakdown of the system (a reasonably modern embedded system which cares about security) and its failings then it was great.

Several of the other presentations have had great stuff too and there are still more to come.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Therein lies the problem, you shouldn't charge for homebrew.
For the DS there was no other choice, it can't be softmodded to play homebrew. It doesn't even have an SD slot or something, so even if it could, you'd have no way of getting the homebrew on the thing without an adapter.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Therein lies the problem, you shouldn't charge for homebrew.
Why not?

For the DS there was no other choice, it can't be softmodded to play homebrew. It doesn't even have an SD slot or something, so even if it could, you'd have no way of getting the homebrew on the thing without an adapter.
Technically there was wifime which could load files over wifi.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a freedom of information type of guy. Besides, I'm not a huge fan of charging people for other people's work.

There is the "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." thing but beyond that where do you draw the line as far as software libraries and whatever else goes?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright