Gaming 208 games in one from Ebay

Theez13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I just recently purchased one of the 208 games in one flash carts from eBay and had some questions I was going to see if someone could help me with. I have never really done much with these so I am very much a novice I have some technical knowledge so I can follow directions and get it done I just need nudged in the right direction. When I put the game into my 2ds which was at the time running software version 11.6. I put the game in and it started up just fine ran and everything was good as I was just doing a quick test on just a random game so I decided to actually play one I wanted to. When I restarted the console the game no longer showed on the screen so I pulled it out and put it back in and it showed up and when I launch the game it goes to a black screen stating an error has occurred and to turn off the system. I then tested another regular game and it worked just fine. I decided to do an update to the software to the latest version and last night after just turning it off and back on again and just trying it worked! At least that's what I thought. I had an enjoyable session playing pokemon for around 4 hours and no problems whatsoever. I turned the 2ds off and went to bed. I go to play today and the same thing is happening except now when it booted up the one time and allowed me to go to the menu everything was basically gone. Like it showed items were there I could select but the text was gone. Now all I get is either the error screen or a white screen. I took the SD card out of the cartridge and plugged into computer and it showed everything to be there. I don't have another DS to test on unfortunately but with other games working I was not sure that would be needed. I also thought maybe the newer software caused the issue but it ran last night for those 4 hours on the new software so I feel like that is ruled out. I have the wifi off as well as the wireless connections just to be safe. I attempted to remove the actual SD card from the DS and it acts the same way. I have a message to the seller and am just waiting for response I just wanted to see if any one had ideas. I feel like it might be the cartridge itself not having a proper connection. I have photos if that would help. Any help would be appreciated!! Thank you in advance!!! Oh.. I also checked the contacts and they seem to be OK but I know on those sometimes looks can be deceiving.

MaxiBash

Your Local Random Internet Geek
Trophies
Website
trashbandatcootofficial.cardd.co
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello I just recently purchased one of the 208 games in one flash carts from eBay and had some questions I was going to see if someone could help me with. I have never really done much with these so I am very much a novice I have some technical knowledge so I can follow directions and get it done I just need nudged in the right direction. When I put the game into my 2ds which was at the time running software version 11.6. I put the game in and it started up just fine ran and everything was good as I was just doing a quick test on just a random game so I decided to actually play one I wanted to. When I restarted the console the game no longer showed on the screen so I pulled it out and put it back in and it showed up and when I launch the game it goes to a black screen stating an error has occurred and to turn off the system. I then tested another regular game and it worked just fine. I decided to do an update to the software to the latest version and last night after just turning it off and back on again and just trying it worked! At least that's what I thought. I had an enjoyable session playing pokemon for around 4 hours and no problems whatsoever. I turned the 2ds off and went to bed. I go to play today and the same thing is happening except now when it booted up the one time and allowed me to go to the menu everything was basically gone. Like it showed items were there I could select but the text was gone. Now all I get is either the error screen or a white screen. I took the SD card out of the cartridge and plugged into computer and it showed everything to be there. I don't have another DS to test on unfortunately but with other games working I was not sure that would be needed. I also thought maybe the newer software caused the issue but it ran last night for those 4 hours on the new software so I feel like that is ruled out. I have the wifi off as well as the wireless connections just to be safe. I attempted to remove the actual SD card from the DS and it acts the same way. I have a message to the seller and am just waiting for response I just wanted to see if any one had ideas. I feel like it might be the cartridge itself not having a proper connection. I have photos if that would help. Any help would be appreciated!! Thank you in advance!!! Oh.. I also checked the contacts and they seem to be OK but I know on those sometimes looks can be deceiving.
In other words: You’ve been scammed by a fishy seller.
I don’t even know why you wanted to buy a fake “208 in 1” flashcart in the first place. You’ve payed for a cart with a bunch of downloaded roms on it. Anyone can make these. For the same money, you could’ve bought a real R4 or TTDSi. Even then, flashcarts are old news by now. If you decide to mod your 2DS, use TWiLightMenu++. It’s that easy.

CaveStoryKing64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those carts are usually overpriced crappy clones of already poorly made R4i carts. You can get a decent flashcart for 10-20 dollars brand new, if you have a modded system and you can't afford a flashcart, you can use TWiLightMenu++ to emulate those games.

Last edited by CaveStoryKing64,
Reactions: Fer2317

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
It's not as good as a flashcart (as I said before, it's emulation,)
No it isn't.

The true nature of TWiLightMenu++ is that it's a software front-end for nds-bootstrap, which runs NDS games natively on the appropriate hardware.
If you read the FAQ before you spread incorrect information, it will result in a better experience for everyone. Thanks.

"Q (3DS users): This is a DS(i) emulator, right?
A: No, this is not an emulator. The menu and DS games (loaded via nds-bootstrap) are ran natively in the console's DS/DSi mode."

Last edited by AkikoKumagara,
Reactions: Fer2317

Fer2317

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🚽 [flush] [walks in without washing my hands] Hi guys 👋 :)