• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

2010 FIFA WORLD CUP Finals

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 52,537
  • Replies 807

Who do you think is going to win the 2010 FIFA WORLD CUP Finals?

• Spain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Netherlands

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

alidsl

I am now a lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow italy did bad
frown.gif

I can't believe they drew with Paraguy

Speed Freak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Everytime Italy is the underdog or has such a bad start they end up being the WC champions. In 82 they tied 3 times in the first stage and qualified 3rd in their group. You all know how that story ends...

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Paraguay are actually underated. They are an awesome team just not capable of winning anything or anywhere near world winners imo. Italy sucked first half but looked very decent in the 2nd.

I still hate the seeding system... Just wish it was completly random. I know it might cause the final to be shit but hey It would make the cup fair and even more enjoyable in my eyes.

D

Deleted User

OP
At 18:30 GMT, the 2010 FIFA World Cup Champions will play North Korea looking forward to that game.

D

Deleted User

OP
Keep the interaction going.

Scores from 15 June 2010​

New Zealand 1 - 1 Slovakia

Ivory Coast 0 - 0 Portugal

Brazil 2 - 1 North Korea​

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
OMG 1-0 FOR SWITZERLAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry for the excitation but hey, who thought that Switzerland would beat Spain
tongue.gif

Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been posted already, but how does this tournament work? I was under the impression it was like a normal system, but someone told me it had to do with points scored or some nonsense. Is that true?

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Each group is composed of 4 teams. Every team play 3 times. A victory is 3 points, a tie is 1 point and a loss is 0 points. The first and the second of each group is qualified for the 1/8 finals. From the 1/8 finals, a loss means you're eliminated.

Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ah, ok. That makes a little more sense, thank you. They way they were describing it before it made me think that it was based on actual points scored during the games.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Blood Fetish said:
Ah, ok. That makes a little more sense, thank you. They way they were describing it before it made me think that it was based on actual points scored during the games.
Goal differential (goals scored - goals allowed) is the first tiebreaker if two teams end up tied on points. So in that sense, it is something worth mentioning. But it only comes into play in the event of a tie in the standings.

Holy cow I can't believe the Swiss beat Spain! Clumsy goal from the neutrals, and Xabi Alonso deserved a goal on that cracker of a shot, but the result stands. They've got to be stunned in Spain right now.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Szyslak said:
Blood Fetish said:
Goal differential (goals scored - goals allowed) is the first tiebreaker if two teams end up tied on points. So in that sense, it is something worth mentioning. But it only comes into play in the event of a tie in the standings.

Holy cow I can't believe the Swiss beat Spain! Clumsy goal from the neutrals, and Xabi Alonso deserved a goal on that cracker of a shot, but the result stands. They've got to be stunned in Spain right now.

First game I watched completely, even in the exam period I find time to watch Spain (and England) play. But boy, was I dissappointed. Goal was partly Casillas fault though, but still, big dissappointment.
And hopefully Iniesta isn't out for too long, he's so good and gentle with the ball, amazing player!

Wii_Manic

Trophies
XP
Country
Not really watching the World Cup... I'll watch Englanf when there on and maybe a commentary by Chris Moyles but thats about it. Altough ENGLAND FTW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol