• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

2010 FIFA WORLD CUP Finals

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 52,490
  • Replies 807

Who do you think is going to win the 2010 FIFA WORLD CUP Finals?

• Spain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Netherlands

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Speed Freak said:
TrolleyDave said:
Shame on the England squad, that was a weak weak half. We can't even score on a team where the players can't even keep control of the ball properly!

Dude, what does that Eng-er-land on your profile means exactly? Sure, I know it's England, but where did that come from? Why english people cheer like that?

So sad, so frustrated that for this one time in 2 years I can see the England squad play they fuck it up.
And Rooney, what a fantastic player you are with Man U, how shallow and arrogant you are in England.... So disappointed
frown.gif

This team would have looked a lot better with Owen, Beckham and Ferdinand in it, but it just couldn't be....

Wednesday after my final exam I'm gonna watch them in the pub, they better win! I would love to see them play on, like I said, I hardly see them play, but I love them so much. Fantastic team, on paper, with strong personalities and commitment. But in the real play, sucky.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
emigre said:
Satangel said:
This team would have looked a lot better with Owen, Beckham and Ferdinand in it, but it just couldn't be....

Beleive me they really wouldn't look better at all.

They wouldn't become World Champions, I never believed in that, but it would look a lot better. Ferdinand is an improvement on Carragher, with all the respect, he's too old and too slow.
Owen, that's an improvement on Heskey/Defoe for sure, and the scoring ability would go up a lot with him in the team.
Beckham can deliver terrific long balls, something I missed a lot yesterday. Although his pace is a big con, his view and execution is an asset to the team.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ferdinand has played around 15 games all season so I doubt how fit he was going to be. I'd agree he's far better than Caragger but a decent fit defender is better than an excellent injury prone defender. You need consistency at the back.

Owen has done fuck all in the last five years, at Newcastle he didn't care about the club at all and Man Utd, he's jsut been a sub. And as a player he was always very limited. All he could do was score whilst providing very little in other departments. England couldn't create last night and without service Owen is fundamentally useless.

Beckham really isn't that much of a loss. I remember his performances at Euro 2004 and the last World Cup who very poor. I'm convinced is if he hadn't been Captain, he would have been dropped. He's not a big loss at all.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
emigre said:
Ferdinand has played around 15 games all season so I doubt how fit he was going to be. I'd agree he's far better than Caragger but a decent fit defender is better than an excellent injury prone defender. You need consistency at the back.

Owen has done fuck all in the last five years, at Newcastle he didn't care about the club at all and Man Utd, he's jsut been a sub. And as a player he was always very limited. All he could do was score whilst providing very little in other departments. England couldn't create last night and without service Owen is fundamentally useless.

Beckham really isn't that much of a loss. I remember his performances at Euro 2004 and the last World Cup who very poor. I'm convinced is if he hadn't been Captain, he would have been dropped. He's not a big loss at all.

Well if you need consistency at the back, King shouldn't have been called up at all. Ferdinand is always better than Carragher, even if his first game was a bit weaker and unstable, it's still better than any other option they've got.

If you call up Heskey and Defoe from Aston Villa, even a sub of Man U can be an asset to your team. He's razor fast, and has scored more than 30 goals for England. England didn't create yesterday, that's right, so no service for Owen. He couldn't have meant a lot yesterday, we needed more of a targetman than a counterman. But in other games.....

Beckham is one of my favourite all time players, so my view is highly subjective on him. He's an assist man though, and yesterday, we needed an assist man. You never know, one good pass and it could be goal.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd agree with King actually. Superb defender, shit knees. But I doubt a half-fit Ferdinand wouldn't have changed anything. ENgland haven't conceded a goal when Carragher has been on the pitch.

TBH calling up Heskey and Defoe just shows the lack of quality in English strikers bar Rooney. But Owen's days really do look numbered. I've got to be honest if I was supporting a team aiming for Europ and we signed Owen, I would be disapointed. He's painfully limited player who is horribly injury prone. I just think his star ability is disminishing day by day.

One good pass can lead to a goal but I doubt Beackham's the man to do that.I stand by what I said earlier, when it came to teh big tournatments his performances were poor. If he had been playing, I'm sure he would have given an underwhelming performance.

D

Deleted User

OP
Keep the interaction going. Sorry to post late, was on a short vacation.

Scores from 18 June 2010​

Germany 0 - 1 Serbia

Slovenia 2 - 2 U.S.A

England 0 - 0 Algeria

Scores from 19 June 2010​

Netherlands 1 - 0 Japan

Ghana 1 - 1 Australia

Cameroon 1 - 2 Denmark

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
emigre said:
I'd agree with King actually. Superb defender, shit knees. But I doubt a half-fit Ferdinand wouldn't have changed anything. ENgland haven't conceded a goal when Carragher has been on the pitch.

TBH calling up Heskey and Defoe just shows the lack of quality in English strikers bar Rooney. But Owen's days really do look numbered. I've got to be honest if I was supporting a team aiming for Europ and we signed Owen, I would be disapointed. He's painfully limited player who is horribly injury prone. I just think his star ability is disminishing day by day.

One good pass can lead to a goal but I doubt Beackham's the man to do that.I stand by what I said earlier, when it came to teh big tournatments his performances were poor. If he had been playing, I'm sure he would have given an underwhelming performance.

Yup, that's why England will not win the cup now, they only have one good striker, and no real good keeper. And you need one/both those positions covered very well to win it. Man U has major debts, really major, and maybe that's why they picked Owen? He was a free transfer after all, and there was always a chance he could really come back to his old level (small, but there). Of course I would rather see Aguero come or Tevez stay, but maybe they finally come to their senses and decided not to spend that much?

Maybe, we'll never know now
frown.gif
Also, saw him a couple of times with AC Milan, he wasn't that bad at all.
But as Rooney proves, club performance and country performance is something totally different.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
WTF New Zealand score on Italy! Poor defending on Italys part allowed a nice goal but still, New Zealand score on Italy! This is turning out to be both a boring World Cup and an interesting one! lol

Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So how does each country pick its team? Do they have a voting system where everyone picks? Or do some rich, old, white guys in a castle somewhere decide who will go?

D

Deleted User

OP
Scores from 20 June 2010​

Slovakia 0 - 2 Paraguay

Italy 1 - 1 New Zealand

Brazil 3 - 1 Ivory Coast

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
madridi4ever said:
TrolleyDave said:
This is turning out to be both a boring World Cup and an interesting one! lol
Exactly this.
The goal WAS an offside though..

The Italians goal WAS from an iffy-ly awarded penalty.....plus they had 23 shots at goal, only one got in from the easy penalty shot, the rest were amazingly defended by the Goalie and other players

Jasper07

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
diando said:
Keep the interaction going. Sorry to post late, was on a short vacation.

Scores from 18 June 2010​

Germany 0 - 1 Japan

Slovenia 2 - 2 U.S.A

England 0 - 0 Algeria

Scores from 19 June 2010​

Netherlands 0 - 1 Japan

Ghana 1 - 1 Australia

Cameroon 1 - 2 Denmark

Hey! We won against Japan!! wth?!

kai445

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love how England and Spain are the 2nd and 3rd place favorites, with 14 and 16% to win, respectively... seeing as how both are probably not even going to make it to the round of 16, and their actual odds (to win the cup) lie somewhere in the 4 and 6% range at this point.

The US ratings are probably overstated too, but at least they're going to advance.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
kai445 said:
I love how England and Spain are the 2nd and 3rd place favorites, with 14 and 16% to win, respectively... seeing as how both are probably not even going to make it to the round of 16, and their actual odds (to win the cup) lie somewhere in the 4 and 6% range at this point.

The US ratings are probably overstated too, but at least they're going to advance.

But England and the US are in the same position. (two points form two games) And Spain are winning tonight.

On another note, Chile are a very good technical team arn't they?

D

Deleted User

OP
Portugal were murderers today... Sheesh. They will still lose to Brazil.

Scores from 21 June 2010​

Portugal 7 - 0 North Korea*

Chile 1 - 0 Switzerland

Spain 2 - 0 Honduras

*(I AIN'T CALLING THEM DPR)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    oh btw, did you know that the teenage mutant ninja turtles is having an r rated live action movie?
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I did not know that
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but it would make sense
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    just look it up
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    from the perspective that the original audience that saw it as kids are now grown adults
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I heard the original comic books were as dark as that
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    it's called the last ronin
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    while that was a kid-friendly endeavor, this new take will adapt the story Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin. The outlet notes that this new iteration is being written by “Tyler Burton Smith, who co-wrote the upcoming R-rated action movie Boy Kills World and who wrote the 2019 iteration of Chucky horror franchise Child’s Play.”
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    The film, titled ‘The Last Ronin,’ will be targeted at adults and promises a high-body count tale
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I grew up with the 2012 show
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    so yeah, they're will be lots of kills
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    so kinda like how they went r rated in the Loan movie for wolverine
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    and remember that time when someone had the idea to make scooby doo r rated?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    where shaggy is a stoner and a pothead?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    that's a true story
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Mondooooo, the first scooby doo live action film?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    it's cancelled and not in the works anymore
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they kinda implied it, and joked about it in the cartoon attorney harvey birdman
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    im gonna binge watch metalocalypse, any tips?
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty yeah in th elive action Shaggy meets a girl that introduces herself as "Mary jane" shaggy responds "thats my favorite name"
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    damn
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    the james gunn scooby doo is wild
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, it also had several deleted scenes
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    i wish someone could remake it or leak the footage
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    it would be the best discovery known to mankind
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: it would be the best discovery known to mankind