Hardware 200 GB MicroSD?

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a9lh installed, just load up emunand9 on a known working card, select SD format, and before you press the button combination, swap out the card with the 200GB. If it detects the 200GB card, it'll format it to work with the 3DS. If it doesn't detect the card, then the card is faulty and should be replaced.

turok4n64

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a9lh installed, just load up emunand9 on a known working card, select SD format, and before you press the button combination, swap out the card with the 200GB. If it detects the 200GB card, it'll format it to work with the 3DS. If it doesn't detect the card, then the card is faulty and should be replaced.

Holding starts boots to Decrypt9. Not seeing a SD formatter option

Last edited by turok4n64,

Lemmingz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought an sd card from amazon which turned out to be a fake one, fakes are deffo sold on there, ebay is even worse

do the tests others listed above & hopefully the card is only faulty & you can get it exchanged/refunded

turok4n64

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Tried 32KB cluster Quick Format and moved contents from 128 GB to 200 GB - Didn't work
2. Tried 64KB cluster Quick Format and moved contents from 128 GB to 200 GB - Didn't work
3. Trying 64KB cluster Full Format now.

Not looking good :(

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
1. Tried 32KB cluster Quick Format and moved contents from 128 GB to 200 GB - Didn't work
2. Tried 64KB cluster Quick Format and moved contents from 128 GB to 200 GB - Didn't work
3. Trying 64KB cluster Full Format now.

Not looking good :(
I don't quite understand why you are avoiding my suggestion
Considering you bought it online, I suggest running it through this program
https://3ds.guide/h2testw-(windows)
I purchased it off Amazon
I've bought plenty of SD cards off amazon that turned out to be fake, just saying

Last edited by The Catboy,

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Not ignoring - it's next on my list :)
Cool~ Seriously though, don't always trust Amazon. I actually bought a 32GB a few months back off Amazon. It even came from the same warehouse my boyfriends work in. So obviously should have been legit.
Yeah, turned out to be fake. It was actually a 4GB Class 4 and not the 32GB Class10 that they claimed it was.

turok4n64

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool~ Seriously though, don't always trust Amazon. I actually bought a 32GB a few months back off Amazon. It even came from the same warehouse my boyfriends work in. So obviously should have been legit.
Yeah, turned out to be fake. It was actually a 4GB Class 4 and not the 32GB Class10 that they claimed it was.

I've already set up a return just in case option 3 and option 4 [yours] fails. Either way, I think I'm still going to return it even if either of these 2 options work as it seems unstable already. Sorry about your situation as well! And of course, thanks for all the help :)

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've already set up a return just in case option 3 and option 4 [yours] fails. Either way, I think I'm still going to return it even if either of these 2 options work as it seems unstable already. Sorry about your situation as well! And of course, thanks for all the help :)
No problem. Since your flag says you are in the US, I might suggest just stopping by Best Buy or Wal*Mart. Sure you pay a little more at times, but I've never had an SD nor MicroSD fail/fake from them. Hell, my current 64GB is from Wal*Mart and it's been running amazing since the day I got it.

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holding starts boots to Decrypt9. Not seeing a SD formatter option
I said download and boot from emunand9. I didn't say "power on and press start and use whatever you have." Download emunand9.bin, move it to the root of your SDcard, rename it to arm9loaderhax.bin, backing up Luma, and boot. This should boot emunand9 immediately. Select "SD Format Options", and select one of the options, depending on your setup. If you don't have any emunand/rednand, then select the format options without emunand. After that, swap to the 200GB card, and then press the button combination.
Please read and follow these instructions carefully. Failure to follow is the fault of the reader, not the guide.

Last edited by Dimensional,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A little yeah...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, [insert wut here]
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm a little hi, but bout to fix that.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm a little hi, but bout to fix that.