Hardware 200 GB MicroSD?

turok4n64

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Everyone,

I just upgraded from a 128 GB Micro to a 200 GB Micro. I formatted the 200 GB as FAT 32 and inserted it into the 3DS, but unfortunately the system doesn't recognize it. Any idea?

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Everyone,

I just upgraded from a 128 GB Micro to a 200 GB Micro. I formatted the 200 GB as FAT 32 and inserted it into the 3DS, but unfortunately the system doesn't recognize it. Any idea?
My 200 GB micro sd works fine in mine. Try formatting to fat32 again using guiformat.exe if you didn't already. If that doesn't work, check the card. It could be faulty/fake.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Put 60 or so GB on it, and see if the 3ds will recognize it. For whatever reason the 3ds has issues recognizing large cards if they aren't somewhat full.

turok4n64

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Put 60 or so GB on it, and see if the 3ds will recognize it. For whatever reason the 3ds has issues recognizing large cards if they aren't somewhat full.

I already tried this when I put the contents from the 128 GB on there and it didn't work :(

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can say from personal experience, that isn't true.
It's common advice here. Here's an example https://gbatemp.net/threads/max-o3ds-sd-card-size.409504/
well people have used 128gb cards in their 3ds and probably 200gb cards work too.

but you need to fill your card with about 30-60gb of stuff on the 128gb card if you gonna use it from Blank and then install stuff, this is because the 3ds gets funyy reading the card if too much space is free

You can find a lot of other threads where people suggest this as well. So yours just worked out of the box with no files on it?

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Everyone,

This happened to me with the same card at first. Not sure why, but even though I formatted it properly it wasn't recognized, I mean it was to the extent that the 3DS would boot Arm9, but at the home menu none of the titles on the card would appear (an error appears saying the card isn't recognized which was weird because I could boot up the 3DS and I wouldn't be able to since its Arm9 if the card couldn't be recognized at all). So I fiddled around, ultimately wiped the partition, reformatted (the exact same way, I swear), and for whatever reason after that second time it worked fine. Just do what I said here, wipe the partition and format it again, worked for me with the same card and situation.

Last edited by duffmmann,

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: x65943

Mike19

Trophies
XP
Country
I am using that exact same Sandisk MicroSD card in my New 3DS formatted to Fat32. It works perfectly and even holds so much that the system cant even display the correct blocks hahaha (says something like 99,999 blocks remaining).

turok4n64

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using that exact same Sandisk MicroSD card in my New 3DS formatted to Fat32. It works perfectly and even holds so much that the system cant even display the correct blocks hahaha (says something like 99,999 blocks remaining).

Do you remember what application you formatted yours with? Are you on custom firmware?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This happened to me with the same card at first. Not sure why, but even though I formatted it properly it wasn't recognized, I mean it was to the extent that the 3DS would boot Arm9, but at the home menu none of the titles on the card would appear (an error appears saying the card isn't recognized which was weird because I could boot up the 3DS and I wouldn't be able to since its Arm9 if the card couldn't be recognized at all). So I fiddled around, ultimately wiped the partition, reformatted (the exact same way, I swear), and for whatever reason after that second time it worked fine. Just do what I said here, wipe the partition and format it again, worked for me with the same card and situation.

What app did you use to format?

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
My gf is using 200 sandisk one without any problems.
Id bet my porsche 911 that yours is fake.

Im just kidding about porsche, I only have a bike and its not even mine

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yes you did originally say grilled