I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1. What's the best write speed for gamecube games? 1x, 4x, or 8x? On Metroid Prime 2 I burned it at 4x and 5 minutes into the game I get a "The game disk could not be read" error.

2. With games that have multiple disks (like Resident Evil 4) would I create a multi-iso disc or burn each disc iso to a separate disk?

Thanks in advance ^^

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1. its not the speed its the media - try a different disc brand
2. i would use seperate discs - not sure if a multi iso would work on the wii, but i havent tried it.

jebrown19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
IMHO slower speeds are always best to ensure high quality burns of any sort, let alone games. But it all really depends on the Quality of your Burner as well as the quality of your Media.

if I use my laptop to burn anything faster then 3.3 the games will screw up, however if I try to do the same with my External burner I can get working copies at 8x speed.

If you're having problems, try a slower speed. If you continue to have issues I'd suggest trying a higher quality media... If that doesn't work??? try another burner.

but this is just one guys experience. This whole Burning Speed issue has been going on since the original Backup-Loader beta was leaked, and everyone seems to have a different opinion.

Cheers,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm