Hacking 1TB WD HDD w/cfg USB Loader

Megawat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my hard drive causes the cfg USB loader to freeze on the splash screen if it is connected before turning on the Wii. The hard drive will work fine if I plug in the power on the hard drive after cfg USB loader boots up past the splash screen and gets to the console. I have tried using different cIOSs but have not found a fix yet. I am currently running cfg v70, though the problem has been since v60 which is when I started using the loader. I have also just updated to booting cfg with cIOS d2x v6 in slot 248 base 56.

I can get it to work during an initial startup if I allow bootmii to load on a delay of about 16seconds first, then goto the system menu. Then cfg will load and mount the hard drive fine. But if I turn off the Wii, and try to use it again later, cfg will freeze at the splash screen again.

It seems to be how the hard drive goes into power down mode is effecting it, but I'm not sure if there is a fix for this. Any help would be great!

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Megawat said:
So my hard drive causes the cfg USB loader to freeze on the splash screen if it is connected before turning on the Wii. The hard drive will work fine if I plug in the power on the hard drive after cfg USB loader boots up past the splash screen and gets to the console. I have tried using different cIOSs but have not found a fix yet. I am currently running cfg v70, though the problem has been since v60 which is when I started using the loader. I have also just updated to booting cfg with cIOS d2x v6 in slot 248 base 56.

I can get it to work during an initial startup if I allow bootmii to load on a delay of about 16seconds first, then goto the system menu. Then cfg will load and mount the hard drive fine. But if I turn off the Wii, and try to use it again later, cfg will freeze at the splash screen again.

It seems to be how the hard drive goes into power down mode is effecting it, but I'm not sure if there is a fix for this. Any help would be great!
Is that a typo? It's not possible to set the delay longer than 10 seconds.

Megawat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
Is that a typo? It's not possible to set the delay longer than 10 seconds.

I currently set Bootmii to load the System Menu after a 30 second delay and it seems to take that long. I haven't timed it or anything though. I'm probably not phrasing it right.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what kind of hard drive do you have? an you might need to reformat it using, disk management, writing 0(zeros) to the whole drive, you still have you sleep timer. so your hard drive is going to sleep, when there is no activity. (playing loaded game). also what format are you using to save your games? ntfs,fat32 or wbfs. fat 32 works the best but that my MPO .

Megawat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@shortz1994

It's a 1 Terabyte Western Digital My Book Home Edition with 1 fat32 partition. I forget the actual number, but it wasn't on the compatibility list.

I have been using it for almost 1 year now, and never had a problem with it going to sleep while playing. I have played games for hours without it going to sleep on me. What exactly is disk management?

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Megawat said:
@shortz1994

It's a 1 Terabyte Western Digital My Book Home Edition with 1 fat32 partition. I forget the actual number, but it wasn't on the compatibility list.

I have been using it for almost 1 year now, and never had a problem with it going to sleep while playing. I have played games for hours without it going to sleep on me. What exactly is disk management?
If using windows, go to "computer" right click, you'll see "manage". click there. after the screen pops up, you'll see "disk management". this will show you were your fat32 partition is at an what other formatts are on the hard drive. my oldest hard drive i use is a wd 500gb my book (thick, with big green button). i re wrote all 0 to mine,then reformatted to a fat32/ 32k. my drive i know is 5yr. has never let me down, i also went an got 1tb wd same one you have. an have it set up the same as the first. the only problem i have, is after running *neek di.. it gives me, the pop up "need to repair drive, bla bla bla." still works, no problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu