1800mAh Cameron Sino battery problem

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I believe that power bank works even without there being the internal battery in the PSP, just as the latter works plugged into the home power supply even without the battery inside.

It seems the PSP sometimes charges and other times it doesn't. Is the PSP battery setting reliable? The last time I was able to charge the PSP, it said the battery would last approximately 3:30h. Sometimes, I turn on the PSP the next day and it has no battery when I was able to charge it the day before and turned it on and off after it was finished charging. Maybe it doesn't charge it until 100% when it's able to charge it, even though said setting says it has 100% battery.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like the battery is failing. If it's dead the next day after charging, that means it's not holding a charge. It technically is charging to 100%, but the battery capacity has depreciated to a point where 100% will reach 0% at a quicker rate.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It sounds like the battery is failing. If it's dead the next day after charging, that means it's not holding a charge. It technically is charging to 100%, but the battery capacity has depreciated to a point where 100% will reach 0% at a quicker rate.

The problem is getting a working battery since the previous Cameron Sino battery only worked for some minutes.

What do you think of @Nikokaro's alternative? Are AliExpress' products reliable? I ordered the previous Cameron Sino battery from there but maybe batteries have problems regardless the source (so, the new Cameron Sino battery I ordered from Amazon and that's yet to arrive may also have them, too).
Post automatically merged:

Of course. The PSP reports 100% of charge, meaning the maximum current capacity of the battery (which may also, after many years, be 10% of its original capacity, I'm afraid).

I guess it's not the power supply's fault and I ordered one for nothing. I forgot to test it with the PSP turned off with no battery inserted and the PSP actually turns on. This power supply was ordered from a second-hand store and its model is PSP-104. The previous power supply was new and just has "PSP 1000/2000/3000" written on the label. Should I keep both?

Zealotus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
For anyone whos wondering where they can find a good battery replacement just buy ostent psp battery on aliexpress. Sadly I cannot post link here but you can find it easy just search ostent psp battery and look for the official store. Dont buy from anyone else

Reactions: ZeroT21

ZeroT21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone whos wondering where they can find a good battery replacement just buy ostent psp battery on aliexpress. Sadly I cannot post link here but you can find it easy just search ostent psp battery and look for the official store. Dont buy from anyone else
And here I got tired of being scammed, so I just velcro taped a 5000 mAh powerbank onto the back of my psp1k :rofl2:

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

According to what I read, Cameron Sino batteries are better. Anyway, does it matter where they're ordered from (I was thinking on getting one from Amazon)? Which Ostent battery should be bought for the PSP 3000, the 1200mAh, the 1400mAh, the 1800mAh or the 2200mAh one?

I’ve had decent luck with an EBL replacement I bought on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B099RCDLBM

According to this, EBL batteries are bad.

Zealotus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
According to what I read, Cameron Sino batteries are better. Anyway, does it matter where they're ordered from (I was thinking on getting one from Amazon)? Which Ostent battery should be bought for the PSP 3000, the 1200 mAh, the 1400 mAh, the 1800 mAh or the 2200 mAh one?
There is psp battery megathread on r/Psp where all kinds of psp are tested and Ostent battery became on the top. You should get the 1400mah one for your psp 3000. Im saying you should buy on aliexpress because there are alot of fake ostent on the internet.

And here I got tired of being scammed, so I just velcro taped a 5000 mAh powerbank onto the back of my psp1k :rofl2:
That works too :lol:

Reactions: ZeroT21

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
There is psp battery megathread on r/Psp where all kinds of psp are tested and Ostent battery became on the top. You should get the 1400mah one for your psp 3000. Im saying you should buy on aliexpress because there are alot of fake ostent on the internet.

That works too :lol:

Isn't that precisely the thread I linked? And aren't there fake Ostent batteries on AliExpress as well? What about using 1800mAh and 2200mAh batteries on the PSP 3000 with a battery cover (like that which comes with the 1800mAh Cameron Sino battery)?

Also, does the original PSP 1000 battery last longer than the original PSP 2000/3000/Go/Street one?

Zealotus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Isn't that precisely the thread I linked? And aren't there fake Ostent batteries on AliExpress as well? What about using 1800 mAh and 2200 mAh batteries on the PSP 3000 with a cover (like that which comes with the 1800 mAh Cameron Sino battery)?

Also, does the original PSP 1000 battery last longer than the original PSP 2000/3000/Go/Street one?
Ah yes i checked earlier. There is ostent official store on aliexpress that is the legit ones. If you buy on other seller on that platform there is a chance you will get a fake one. Psp 1000 last longer because it has a higher capacity. If you want to buy ostent 2200mah you can use that instead.

Also im just suggesting things so that you dont waste your money on fake things. If you want to use cameron sino go for it but telling you ostent is better.

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hm.. I, too, read that thread on reddit about Ostent batteries and was wondering: why the hell do the PSP 2000/3000 versions last much less, albeit of the same quality, than the PSP 1000 versions?

Moreover, on eBay this brand cannot be found, at least in my country. Instead on Amazon they can be found, and they cost just under 20€, but who knows if they are original. If instead I ordered them on Aliexpress they would certainly cost half as much, but they would arrive after a month, assuming they arrive at all. 🤷

Reactions: Windows_10_User

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ah yes i checked earlier. There is ostent official store on aliexpress that is the legit ones. If you buy on other seller on that platform there is a chance you will get a fake one. Psp 1000 last longer because it has a higher capacity. If you want to buy ostent 2200mah you can use that instead.

Also im just suggesting things so that you dont waste your money on fake things. If you want to use cameron sino go for it but telling you ostent is better.

OK, but aren't batteries often faulty, even original's? What do you mean by "that", the battery cover I mentioned? Would the 2200mAh battery work on my PSP 3000 with the battery cover? I don't have a PSP 1000 and I want to buy a battery for the PSP 3000. That's what I thought. Do the PSP 2000/3000/Go/Street have the same capacity?

Maybe there's a Cameron Sino official store on AliExpress as well. Also, on AliExpress' Ostent official store, there are two comments from users from my country (both from this month) saying the 1800mAh batteries didn't arrive so I might avoid them.

Hm.. I, too, read that thread on reddit about Ostent batteries and was wondering: why the hell do the PSP 2000/3000 versions last much less, albeit of the same quality, than the PSP 1000 versions?

Moreover, on eBay this brand cannot be found, at least in my country. Instead on Amazon they can be found, and they cost just under 20€, but who knows if they are original. If instead I ordered them on Aliexpress they would certainly cost half as much, but they would arrive after a month, assuming they arrive at all. 🤷

Do you know if the PS Vita Fat's battery lasts longer than the Slim's?

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Do you know if PS Vita Fat's battery lasts longer than Slim's?
ezgif.com-crop.gif

Zealotus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
OK, but aren't batteries often faulty, even legit ones? What do you mean by "that", the cover I mentioned?
Sorry for misunderstanding earlier. What I mean is you can use a PSP 1000 battery which has a higher capacity but the battery cover will not fit. You can buy a battery cover that is compatible with psp 1000 batteries but I dont know where you can find it.
Would the 2200 mAh battery work on my PSP 3000 with the cover?
Yes as I mention the the cover will not fit.
I don't have a PSP 1000 and I want to buy a battery for the PSP 3000. That's what I thought.
Then buy a 1200mah or 1400mah battery.
Do the PSP 2000/3000/Go/Street have the same capacity?
I dont know about the psp go one but psp 2000, 3000 and street the battery capacity are the same.
Maybe there's a Cameron Sino official store on AliExpress as well. Also, on AliExpress' Ostent official store, there are two comments from users from my country (both from this month) saying the 1800 mAh batteries weren't received so I might as well avoid them.
Fair enough. To be honest I just recelled my old battery because its cheaper for me but it doesnt last long only 3hrs 30 mins. Ostent can last 4hrs 30mins. The 1400mah one can last for about 5hrs

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Sorry for misunderstanding earlier. What I mean is you can use a PSP 1000 battery which has a higher capacity but the battery cover will not fit. You can buy a battery cover that is compatible with psp 1000 batteries but I dont know where you can find it.

Yes as I mention the the cover will not fit.

Then buy a 1200mah or 1400mah battery.

I dont know about the psp go one but psp 2000, 3000 and street the battery capacity are the same.

Fair enough. To be honest I just recelled my old battery because its cheaper for me but it doesnt last long only 3hrs 30 mins. Ostent can last 4hrs 30mins. The 1400mah one can last for about 5hrs

The 1800mAh Cameron Sino battery comes with a battery cover so I could buy the 2200mAh Ostent battery and use the battery cover with it.

Sorry, which Ostent battery lasts 4.5h? The 1200mAh one? What about the 2200mAh Ostent battery?

Also, those 2 users reported shipping problems regarding the 2200mAh Ostent battery. There are other portuguese users that rated the 1200mAh and the 1400mAh Ostent batteries with 5 stars, so I guess they were successfully shipped and work, even though another portuguese user rates an unidentified Ostent battery with 5 stars as well but says it doesn't charge.

Zealotus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
The 1800 mAh Cameron Sino battery comes with a cover so I could buy the 2200 mAh Ostent battery and use the cover with it.

Sorry, which Ostent battery lasts 4.5h? The 1200 mAh one? What about the 2200 mAh Ostent battery?

Also, those 2 users reported shipping problems regarding the 2200 mAh Ostent battery. There are other portuguese users that rated the 1200 mAh and the 1400 mAh Ostent batteries with 5 stars, so I guess they were successfully shipped and work, even though another portuguese user rates an unidentified Ostent battery with 5 stars as well but says it doesn't charge.
1200mah yeah. The 1400mah last about 5-6hrs. The 2200mah i dont know but probably about 8-9hrs maybe.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
1200mah yeah. The 1400mah last about 5-6hrs. The 2200mah i dont know but probably about 8-9hrs maybe.

The estimated battery life that appears on the PSP setting not being reliable is annoying.

I charged the PSP with the used PSP-104 power supply that I ordered and it worked but lately the previous power supply was working as well. At least, recently, the PSP has been having battery (including after charging it with the PSP-104 power supply) when turning it on the next days. The PSP-104 power supply fits better on the PSP than the other one even though it's bulkier.

Does using the PSP (and other devices) with no audio make the battery last longer?

Also, I use maximum brightness and no audio, set screen dimming to off and ARK-4's "OverClock", "PowerSave" and "Balanced Energy Mode" settings to "Disabled" and have the WLAN switch turned off.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
100% of PSP bnatteries sold are garbage.

If your OEM battery is puffy, carefully breal the pastic apart and cut the battery's PCB out of it. Then soilder a 3.7v LiPo battery in it's place. You can order new battery shells, or 3D print your own... But in my personal experience, it's best to just remove the UMD drive (since everyone plays from MemoryStick anyway) and put in the 4000mAh battery.

Reactions: zfreeman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...