1800mAh Cameron Sino battery problem

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Then you better ask him if you have doubts; he probably knows more than me. Now I'm going to sleep. Have a good continuation, and don't be late 😉

He already answered and I ordered the 2200mAh Ostent battery from AliExpress's Ostent store but it seems it will take some time to arrive unlike from Amazon and two users from my country report they never arrived. It doesn't come with the battery cover but I'll use the Cameron Sino battery's.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Now I have no battery again all of a sudden. This is really annoying...
Oh, how so? You could play the psp even without the battery inserted by connecting with the charger to the mains at home. Welp, I hope you don't expect me to send my battery there !?! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Windows_10_User

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Oh, how so? You could play the psp even without the battery inserted by connecting with the charger to the mains at home. Welp, I hope you don't expect me to send my battery there !?! 🤣

I know but that defeats the purpose of this console. With my bad luck, I bet I'll also have problems with the PS Vita's battery and that one isn't removable unlike the PSP 3000's.

• Sad
Reactions: Nikokaro

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

So, the Ostent battery arrived (unlike with my fellow countrymen's cases) and it only worked for some time. It had 68% when it arrived, (which I find it odd because it should be fully discharged), and after fully discharging and charging it, I turned off the PSP for a week after using it for some time and now I tried turning it on and it has no battery left and it's not charging. Like I've said, I ordered it from Ostent's official store from AliExpress. Maybe it's the PSP's fault since it's the fourth battery with problems. Should I order the power bank you mentioned or Ostent's? And if ordering a power bank, from where should I do it? It seems there are different PSP power banks brands (like Ostent [that I've mentioned] and Joytech [the power bank you showed]) at least.

• Sad

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry. For all those batteries you must have spent a lot of money! With that kind of money you could have bought yourself a used PSP 1000: apparently the batteries in this model last almost 12 hours!
Regarding the Power Bank, on eBay only two dealers seem to sell them (at least in my country): they seem to guarantee 5 hours of play, but no more. Anything else I don't know.
In my opinion, I find them uncomfortable and cumbersome, and therefore I would not buy them. Rather I would get a psp charger with a very, very, very loooong cord. 🤣

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Sorry. For all those batteries you must have spent a lot of money! With that kind of money you could have bought yourself a used PSP 1000: apparently the batteries in this model last almost 12 hours!
Regarding the Power Bank, on eBay only two dealers seem to sell them (at least in my country): they seem to guarantee 5 hours of play, but no more. Anything else I don't know.
In my opinion, I find them uncomfortable and cumbersome, and therefore I would not buy them. Rather I would get a psp charger with a very, very, very loooong cord. 🤣

I find it odd that they last so long because I had a PSP 1000 and they didn't last as long at all. If I bought an used PSP (or even a new one) I'd have battery problems sooner or later and with my bad luck it might already arrive with them (this is an used PSP, my third PSP 3000 and my fifth PSP overall).

Which dealers are those? And aren't they from China, which you say it's not reliable? Anyway, in Amazon some users compain the power banks only work for some time and they take a lot of time to charge.

Well, this battery already isn't very confortable becayse I use Cameron Sino's battery cover since the battery is bulkier than the original and if using a power supply, that would defeat the portability purpose of the console. I guess the PSP with the power bank inserted wouldn't fit in the PSP's bag.

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I find it weird they last so long because I had a PSP 1000 and they didn't last that long at all.
I also believe it is an exaggerated duration, invented by some clueless user. If the PSP 3000 battery lasts 3 hours, the PSP 1000 battery will last 6 hours at most.

Which dealers are those? And aren't they from China, which you say it's not reliable?
Although the dealers are european, the power banks (as well as the batteries) are all made in China, and therefore of dubious quality. Maybe some rare model will be more accurate and durable, produced by a serious and competent company, but how to know in advance which one? 🤷

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I also believe it is an exaggerated duration, invented by some clueless user. If the PSP 3000 battery lasts 3 hours, the PSP 1000 battery will last 6 hours at most.

Although the dealers are european, the power banks (as well as the batteries) are all made in China, and therefore of dubious quality. Maybe some rare model will be more accurate and durable, produced by a serious and competent company, but how to know in advance which one? 🤷

If they weren't chinese, would they still be unreliable? It seems batteries might be faulty regardless if the devices are new or not.

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Okay lad, as a New Year's greeting, I'll tell you my secret: but don't tell anyone, mind you! 🤫

IMG_20231231_114049.jpg

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What are that device and cable?
It is a simple Power Bank of 20000 mah with 3 usb outputs, to which I can connect my PSP/DS Lite/DSi at the same time. The cable is the USB to PSP type.
I find it odd having problems with 4 batteries.
You never specified what those problems are. Do they last only 2 or 3 hours? Well, that's the normal duration for today's bad batteries, take or leave it. I hope someone will sooner or later finally specify where to buy a decent lasting battery, assuming one exists.

Do you know if the PSP's hardware may influence batteries?
Nah, I think hardware has nothing to do with them. It just suffers from their bad influence. 🤣

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It is a simple Power Bank of 20000 mah with 3 usb outputs, to which I can connect my PSP/DS Lite/DSi at the same time. The cable is the USB to PSP type.

You never specified what those problems are. Do they last only 2 or 3 hours? Well, that's the normal duration for today's bad batteries, take or leave it. I hope someone will sooner or later finally specify where to buy a decent lasting battery, assuming one exists.

Nah, I think hardware has nothing to do with them: Nah, I think hardware has nothing to do with it. It just suffers from their bad influence. 🤣

I thought so (that it was a power bank) and now I recall you previously said it was a power bank. How long is that cable and where did you get it?

No, and I did specify them. They don't even charge or when they do, they stop after some minutes. Also, sometimes they charge but the PSP has no battery left the next day when I turned it off after charging it.

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
How long is that cable and where did you get it?
It is not very long, but longer ones can be found on eBay.

They don't even charge or when they do, they stop after some minutes. Also, there are times they charge but the PSP has no battery left the following day when I turned it off after charging
It is actually very strange.
1) Is the charger cable intact? Does it have no breaks?
2) if you connect the PSP to the charger, does the orange light come on immediately?
3) if you connect the PSP without a battery to the charger, does it work smoothly?

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It is not very long, but longer ones can be found on eBay.

It is actually very strange.
1) Is the charger cable intact? Does it have no breaks?
2) if you connect the PSP to the charger, does the orange light come on immediately?
3) if you connect the PSP without a battery to the charger, does it work smoothly?

1) Yes, and I had the same problems with a new power supply (this is an used one).

2) Sometimes, it does, sometimes, it doesn't.

3) Yes.

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Try cleaning the contacts inside the battery compartment thoroughly. See if they are not slightly oxidized or rusted. Otherwise, the problem seems to lie in the short stretch between the psp charger inlet and the battery slot contacts. In this case, the psp shell should be opened to check that everything is intact and not oxidized or corroded. Possibly have it done by someone you know and experienced in the matter.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Try cleaning the contacts inside the battery compartment thoroughly. See if they are not slightly oxidized or rusted. Otherwise, the problem seems to lie in the short stretch between the psp charger inlet and the battery slot contacts. In this case, the psp shell should be opened to check that everything is intact and not oxidized or corroded. Possibly have it done by someone you know and experienced in the matter.

So, it can depend on the PSP's hardware after all? Yes, because I wouldn't open it by myself. I don't know if I should order the power bank, and if so, from where and from which brand.

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Mine is a simple conjecture. Maybe everything is okay. First start by thoroughly cleaning the pins under the battery cover and try recharging a battery. It may be that everything is okay already. However, all the PSP batteries circulating online are shoddy and unreliable.
I've given you various tips and opinions but I don't want any liability or complaints in case of other disappointing purchases.
I wish you a happy new year. 😉

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Mine is a simple conjecture. Maybe everything is okay. First start by thoroughly cleaning the pins under the battery cover and try recharging a battery. It may be that everything is okay already. However, all the PSP batteries circulating online are shoddy and unreliable.
I've given you various tips and opinions but I don't want any liability or complaints in case of other disappointing purchases.
I wish you a happy new year. 😉

Sorry, I was talking about this battery pack you showed (or the one from Ostent), not the power bank you showed here. I only used the "power bank" term to talk about the external battery since you started with it.

It seems the Ostent external battery takes hours to charge (more than the PSP's power supply takes to charge the PSP's internal batteries), the PSP doesn't blink when low in battery and the battery icon doesn't appear in the XMB when using it, it's likely uncomfortable to hold the PSP with it attached, the external battery can also charge the internal PSP batteries and work without them and to insert and take an UMD the external battery has to be removed (which is likely hard to do). I don't know if it should be charged while attached to the PSP or not (and with an internal PSP battery inserted).

After all, Amazon has an Ostent official store too so I ordered the battery from AliExpress for nothing and it would likely arrive faster if I had ordered it from there, even if it might've been more expensive.

I think I have a D-pad issue on the PSP as well (or maybe I'm too picky). I think I had it on the previous PSP 3000 too.

According to Wikipedia, Sony released 2200mAh batteries. What about those or are they too old now? It seems there are 2400mAh and 3600mAh batteries. What about battery chargers like Sony's?

I've noticed the power supply is making a whistling noise when charging the PSP's battery. Anyway, maybe the culprit is the hardware and it's the power jack's fault to be more specific.

The Ostent external battery is 2400mAh, there's a 3600mAh internal battery from Pega and there's even a 4000mAh mod (BM46) which renders the UMD drive useless.

I also wish you a happy new year!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge