Hacking 16gb micro sd card ok to use?

kerano1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys
smile.gif
I've read that there is no limit to the size of sd cards for the acekard 2...But is this actually true in practise? Would it work with say a 16 or 32gb card as I'm looking to buy 1 so I can put loads of stuff on my DS. Thanks!

ShAdOwFuRi

Trophies
XP
Country
16 gb micro sdhc cards are quite rare and very pricey... But, I'm sure if you have one and it is a reliable brand it would work absolutely fine.

aphirst

Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The only limit is that on the actual format itself of SDHC, which is 32GB. The hardware specification physically won't allow for larger cards to exist, and be understood by any existing hardware as they are configured today.

aphirst

Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Normatt and Smiths generally recommend that you categorise your ROMs into several folders (if you think that you have enough ROMs to pose a slowness problem, that is).

Trigger_Happy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh boy, I can't wait to load up my several copies of Elf Bowling 1&2.

Yeah, a 32GB MicroSD is the largest, which would probably handle most of the existing ROMS trimmed (and a large chunk untrimmed), which includes (J), (E), (U), (K), and any other languages.

The slow scrolling times, does this include other files like music? I might already know the answer, but I haven't gone past 100 files to really know for sure.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Trigger_Happy post Today, 01:48 PM
The slow scrolling times, does this include other files like music? I might already know the answer, but I haven't gone past 100 files to really know for sure

Do yourselves a favor and format with the much mentioned, highly recommended Panasonic formatter. It will very noticeably speed up your SD card.

jjgp08

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.cyclods-evolution.com
XP
Country
VatoLoco said:
QUOTE said:
Trigger_Happy post Today, 01:48 PM
The slow scrolling times, does this include other files like music? I might already know the answer, but I haven't gone past 100 files to really know for sure

Do yourselves a favor and format with the much mentioned, highly recommended Panasonic formatter. It will very noticeably speed up your SD card.

Is this recommended for all flash card or just the AceKard?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-