Hacking 13a breaking USB?

Luriden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to be able to load a game in USB loader, exit to the Wii menu, go to USB loader and load another game just fine. However, I updated to CIOS 13a so I could play Ghostbusters, and now when I play a game, back out to the Wii menu and try to load another game through USB loader, I get a black screen. I have to power off and power on my Wii in order to play another game without getting a black screen. It does this for USB Loader GX and Wiiflow (Wiiflow freezes up at the Please Wait screen after selecting a game).

Anyone else had this problem? I really don't want to have to downgrade my CIOS since I need 13a for a lot of games.

Luriden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downgraded to rev10 and it's working again. Even Ghostbusters works now. I'm not sure why it wasn't working before, maybe I forgot to turn on anti 002...

iceache

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Logan said:
I had similar problems with rev13b. Wouldn't see my HDD. Reverted to rev10 and all is well again.
in Rev13 only 1 USB port will find HDD's.. so thats why..

and that whole reboot thing is a Rev13 issue, and should be fixed in Rev14

dinx2582

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The required hard reboot to re-initialize USB is driving me nuts, but I'd only downgrade based on the pros and cons. Is downgrading from v13b to v10 is strictly a matter of ISO compatibility, or are there other underlying factors that would otherwise have an effect on the currently level of functionality found in 13b?

If anyone knows roughly what games are affected by such a downgrade, that would be great!

EDIT: I think I found the information I was looking for. Thanks anyways! (bits and pieces from a Google search, otherwise I'd have shared link(s).)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FFQ_g8OoQM&list=RD8FFQ_g8OoQM&start_radio=1