Hacking 128 and 256 Mb games with Nand based save?

AlbertoSONIC

Pasta Team Member
Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2014
Messages
927
Reaction score
1,225
Trophies
0
Age
54
Website
www.albertosonic.com
XP
1,416
Country
Italy
I need 2 games with nand based savegame: one 256 MB and the other 128MB... I need to open them with an hex editor to find out which lines allows them to save... I need these codes to convert standard roms to nand based roms... My gateway's SPI is not working. Since i don't want to send it back to reseller, this is the only way to play roms on it! At the moment, i'm playing 1024, 2048 and 512 mb games since i already have related codes. So, can you help me? Can you tell me two 128 and 256 mb games with nand based saves?

P.S. If you don't know that, SPI is the gateway's chip that manages savegames. If it doesn't work, the gateway can't load any non nand based game. It says Card removed. Nand based games don't use SPI chip, so they works.
 
I need 2 games with nand based savegame: one 256 MB and the other 128MB... I need to open them with an hex editor to find out which lines allows them to save... I need these codes to convert standard roms to nand based roms... My gateway's SPI is not working. Since i don't want to send it back to reseller, this is the only way to play roms on it! At the moment, i'm playing 1024, 2048 and 512 mb games since i already have related codes. So, can you help me? Can you tell me two 128 and 256 mb games with nand based saves?

P.S. If you don't know that, SPI is the gateway's chip that manages savegames. If it doesn't work, the gateway can't load any non nand based game. It says Card removed. Nand based games don't use SPI chip, so they works.
I thought Pokemon and Animal Crossing were the only NAND saving games so far? There might not be any 128 or 256 MB games with nand based saves.
By the way, what are the codes to convert games to NAND saving? Got a link?
 
I don't know if i can post links to other forums... Anyway the "other forum" thread says:
"you need to download hxd hex editor, open a rom in it. it will show a ridiculous amount of complicated series of numbers.
across from 180 and under 0B you need to change the number in there to 02. then across from 200 under 00 01 02 03 there will be FF FF FF FF, for a 2gb game you need to change these to 00 94 3B 00 as seen below.

attachment.php


For 1gb games you do the same thing except where you see FF FF FF FF insert 00 7C 1D 00 and for 512mb games you do the same thing except where you see FF FF FF FF insert 00 C4 0E 00. "

So i need 256mb and 128 mb codes... I'd like to use PilotWings Resort and.... Cooking Mama!
 
I'm not sure if there are any Card2 games that size. Currently, the ones on the market are:

Pokemon X/Y
Animal Crossing
Tomodachi Life

I don't think any others have been released recently (really haven't checked in the past month.)
 
I'm not sure if there are any Card2 games that size. Currently, the ones on the market are:

Pokemon X/Y
Animal Crossing
Tomodachi Life

I don't think any others have been released recently (really haven't checked in the past month.)
There is at least one more that only was released in Japan (and maybe some Virtual Console games use NAND Saving).
 
Sorry, I don't remember them. But the VC games were the ones that didn't work with the latest GW firmware I think.
The japanese card2 game is Tobidase_Doubutsu_no_Mori_JPN_3DS-Kirin but it's sized 1024MB.... Any idea? VirtualConsole games don't use a card2 nand save.. They simply save into 3DS's Sd...
 
Names please! I really need them!
it was the japanese version of tomadaci life.

This is how you compute the nand save offset based on rom size for card1 games:
(hint, use windows 7 programmers calc)

x = (romsize - 0x100000) / 0x200
nandSaveOffset = littleEndianOf(x)

(littleEndianOf means reverse order of bytes i.e: 23 EA F3 43 --> 43 F3 EA 23 )
 
  • Like
Reactions: AlbertoSONIC
The japanese card2 games Tobidase_Doubutsu_no_Mori_JPN_3DS-Kirin but it's sized 1024MB.... Any idea? VirtualConsole games don't use a card2 nand save.. They simply save into 3DS's Sd...
Tobidase Doubutsu is Animal Crossing.

I went back and checked. Tomodachi Life was first released in on 4/2013.
 
it was the japanese version of tomadaci life.

This is how you compute the nand save offset based on rom size for card1 games:
(hint, use windows 7 programmers calc)

x = (romsize - 0x100000) / 0x200
nandSaveOffset = littleEndianOf(x)

(littleEndianOf means reverse order of bytes i.e: 23 EA F3 43 --> 43 F3 EA 23 )

Please explain...
 
Please explain...

256 MB --> 00 F8 07 00
128 MB --> 00 F8 03 00

Replace the larger yellow highlight on the chart with the the bolded above.

I really shouldn't do algebra for people but whatever, I'm bored.
 
  • Like
Reactions: AlbertoSONIC
Wait, card2 games don't save like card1 games, right? They save to the microSD card on the cartridge, correct? Can you eject the cartridge on a card2 game after saving and still have that save? (Not have to do Home + X/Power Off?)
 
Wait, card2 games don't save like card1 games, right? They save to the microSD card on the cartridge, correct? Can you eject the cartridge on a card2 game after saving and still have that save? (Not have to do Home + X/Power Off?)
yeah save = save with card2 games
 
256 MB --> 00 F8 07 00
128 MB --> 00 F8 03 00

Replace the larger yellow highlight on the chart with the the bolded above.

I really shouldn't do algebra for people but whatever, I'm bored.

UPDATE: Cooking Mama (256mb) doesn't work. It loads, but when it creates the savegame, it says "An Error Occured, hold down power button to reboot". After the reboot, if i relaunch it it says Corrupted Save, it asks to format them and then is says " An error occured" again. I'm not sure if only Cooking Mama doesn't work because i have not any other 256 mb game... Are you sure that the 256mb code is right? If so, i'll try to download an other 256mb game...
 
UPDATE: Cooking Mama (256mb) doesn't work. It loads, but when it creates the savegame, it says "An Error Occured, hold down power button to reboot". After the reboot, if i relaunch it it says Corrupted Save, it asks to format them and then is says " An error occured" again. I'm not sure if only Cooking Mama doesn't work because i have not any other 256 mb game... Are you sure that the 256mb code is right? If so, i'll try to download an other 256mb game...
You're not trimming the ROM are you? The save is at the end of the rom so that would be a problem.
 
  • Like
Reactions: AlbertoSONIC

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted