OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.freewebs.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a 120GB 360 phat HDD, the security sectors for it got wiped some how and I'm trying to restore it to work with the 360 slim I now have.

The 120GB SS that's floating around on the net is for a fujitsu hard drive, so wouldn't suit my purpose.

I've tried taking the 250gb SS which is made for a Hitachi, and hybridize it with the 120gb fujitsu image, but this obviously didn't help.

Does ANYONE happen to have a copy of the Hitachi 120GB 360 phat HDD's security sectors? I'd even take a full on disk image and try burning the whole thing to the drive if anyone had the disk image for the whole thing

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It... shouldn't matter what make the hard drive is as long as it's a compatible hard drive.

That's why with the X360 USB Pro V2 you can flash a WD hdd to a Hitachi with the HDSS320.bin. I did exactly that and it works flawlessly.

Just make a backup of your drive's security sector first.

What are you flashing it with?

Inotamira

Golden Dragon
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.freewebs.com
XP
Country
United States
It... shouldn't matter what make the hard drive is as long as it's a compatible hard drive.

That's why with the X360 USB Pro V2 you can flash a WD hdd to a Hitachi with the HDSS320.bin. I did exactly that and it works flawlessly.

Just make a backup of your drive's security sector first.

What are you flashing it with?
FATXplorer and hexworkshop, I could never find a copy of X360 USB Pro v2.......but the security sector was lost ages ago and the WD I had was broken beyond repair, the 360 no longer recognizes the 120gb hitachi as a valid hard drive and nothing I do makes it work correctly again, the only way I can assume to fix this, is with the original 120gb hitachi SS

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Inotamira

Golden Dragon
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.freewebs.com
XP
Country
United States
X360 USB Pro V2 is a physical connectivity kit by TX that can flash 360 DVD drives and WD hard drives. Not very useful for your Hitachi drive.

You really should just need to flash the SS and that should be that, regardless of drive brand. Look at this:

http://digiex.net/guides-reviews/co...box-360-how-flash-your-hddss-bin-windows.html

Edit: :ph34r:
I've been over that one and it doesn't help, other then the borked WD blue scorpio i had (which as I said was damaged beyond repair), it will not recognize the hard drive again for whatever reason, if it did, I wouldn't be here. I can even locate a youtube video with someone who has the exact same make and model hard drive as I have

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't used FATXplorer, I use Party Buffalo Drive Explorer, but are the partitions on the drive still there? If not, make them with HDDHackr?

Edit - And just to be clear, you DID try flashing the 120GB HDSS.bin to the drive, disregarding the fact that it's the wrong brand, right?

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And just to be clear, you DID try flashing the 120GB HDSS.bin to the drive, disregarding the fact that it's the wrong brand, right?

also, I have another 500GB WD but it's a pasport and has the usb 3.0 connector built directly into the hard drives motherboard so I can't connect it

Not gonna be able to do too much with that then :/ I mean, you could always use it as a 32GB USB storage device on the 360, but nothing past that...

Inotamira

Golden Dragon
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.freewebs.com
XP
Country
United States
And just to be clear, you DID try flashing the 120GB HDSS.bin to the drive, disregarding the fact that it's the wrong brand, right?

Not gonna be able to do too much with that then :/ I mean, you could always use it as a 32GB USB storage device on the 360, but nothing past that...
yeah...kind of wanna avoid that to be honest, I have a usb flash drive for that

Reactions: Sicklyboy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1