Hacking 11.1 : NTR CFW and Boot NTR

jeffsmith

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I've been hearing that the recent 3ds firmware update (to 11.1) stops NTR CFW from working. If I update to 11.1, can I still use Boot NTR to play hacked versions of games? Will I need a newer version of Boot NTR or how would I go about doing this? Thanks.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
I don't use NTR much myself, but from what I understand, 11.1 breaks NTR and BootNTR. IIRC, @Aurora Wright and @astronautlevel have developed a sort of hacky workaround to get NTR working again here, and are working on a more permanent solution.
It's not really hacky, it's only 11.1 home menu support and not 2.51-2 NFIRM support. Both are necessary for truly native support, but in the meantime we can just use the 2.51-0 firmware.

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, like I said, I don't really use NTR, and I haven't yet updated to 11.1 (I'm waiting for hblauncher to update), so I've only been browsing stuff about NTR.

jeffsmith

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I guess I'll sit tight until native firm 11.1 is released for NTR (and Boot NTR). I've had enough messing around getting things to work so I'm not for a roundabout work around. Thanks anyway!

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I guess I'll sit tight until native firm 11.1 is released for NTR (and Boot NTR). I've had enough messing around getting things to work so I'm not for a roundabout work around. Thanks anyway!

You could just get a 11.0 firmware.bin file and use DEV Luma to make NTR work on 11.1. That's what I'm doing.

jeffsmith

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It should be available soon, there's been a success with it
Well that's good to hear. I don't need to hear a time frame because I know these things take a lot of time and work. "Adds stability" does it now? I think what you meant to say, Nintendo, is you're patching the things that makes the 3ds interesting.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Majickhat55,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.