Hacking 11.0.0-33 : The Aftermath

Maxwellkiwi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm sorry, i dont have much knowledge about cfw and how it works, but is there big chances that cfw become possible on 11.0 firmware? Or no one can answer this question currently?
I mean, is it just a question of time or the system is currentmy 'unbreakable'?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, i dont have much knowledge about cfw and how it works, but is there big chances that cfw become possible on 11.0 firmware? Or no one can answer this question currently?
I mean, is it just a question of time or the system is currentmy 'unbreakable'?
You'll need to hardmod at the current moment. Urbanshadow pretty much answered this though:
I can answer part of that. The best answer you can give is "no for the moment".

There are three hurdles to jump before a downgrade is possible:
1) Homebrew can be run. Any kind. (We have this already! yay!)
2) We can somehow, get ARM11K permissions. (Technically memchunkhax still works. "Just" needs a huge sinchronization effort.)
3) We can somehow bypass the min version firm list. One way is overwritting the list, but that needs ARM9 and would be broken by an update. (if they patch an ARM9 hole and update the list in the same update we are as fucked as we are now.) Another way is finding a way to change the list address or the list read miss. (into a region of zeros, or a controlled fcram region where we could with gspwn write our own list) There could be more in there but probably none will work.

Some time ago, we only had the two first hurdles and it took some time to break.

My sons got updated to 11 by accident an now gateway wont work, is there anything i can do?

Thanks
Only hardmod at the current moment.

pokemonshuffler12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cubicninja still works on 10.73? if it does im might be inclined to spend 30$ at gamestop for it. my o3ds is still in this version, however i have new 3ds that is at 11.0 already, how "i have oras though

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
cubicninja still works on 10.73? if it does im might be inclined to spend 30$ at gamestop for it. my o3ds is still in this version, however i have new 3ds that is at 11.0 already, how "i have oras though
Ninjhax works on 10.7. You could use Ninjhax on your O3DS to install basehaxx (the ORAS exploit) with the payload for an 11.0 N3DS.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
this will probably sound stupid, but if ninjahax is installed ,assuming in my old3ds, how does that transfer to installing basehax in oras.
Installing basehaxx requires you to already have a homebrew entrypoint (e.g. Ninjhax).

Note that you'll have to have an OR/AS cartridge in order to get homebrew on your 11.0 N3DS.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

Tiibz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
this will probably sound stupid, but if ninjahax is installed ,assuming in my old3ds, how does that transfer to installing basehax in oras.
Ninjhax and any other hax for that matter is installed to the cart, so once installed you can put the game in your N3DS and it will load the hax through the cart
You need the homebrew launcher to install hax to a cart game

pokemonshuffler12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ninjhax and any other hax for that matter is installed to the cart, so once installed you can put the game in your N3DS and it will load the hax through the cart
You need the homebrew launcher to install hax to a cart game
ill probably be getting it at ebay, as a bid, currently at less than 10dollar, unless there is a objection to getting it this way.

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
He could also go the freakyhax way, but that could be more expensive as scammers are trying to do his monthly profit with it.

nerdtrash2k14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, as a wannabe-homebrew user with version 11.0.0-33U on an unmodded old 3ds and a copy of cubic ninja, do i just have to wait until an update for ninjhax is released to begin using homebrew? i've gathered that i can't downgrade since my 3ds is unmodded and there's really no way to get around that, but i literally just got cubic ninja two days ago and i'm kinda bummed out now

Last edited by nerdtrash2k14,

pokemonshuffler12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, as a wannabe-homebrew user with version 11.0.0-33U and a copy of cubic ninja, do i just have to wait until an update for ninjhax is released to begin using homebrew? i've gathered that i can't downgrade since my 3ds is unmodded and there's really no way to get around that, but i literally just got cubic ninja two days ago and i'm kinda bummed out now
nope, as a noobie user myself of homebrew, you cant get around it, unless you have a 3ds,2ds that is lower than 11.0, i have nd3ds but its at 11.0, and a o3ds which is at 10.07, best bet is freakyforms or some other exploited game.

nerdtrash2k14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope, as a noobie user myself of homebrew, you cant get around it, unless you have a 3ds,2ds that is lower than 11.0, i have nd3ds but its at 11.0, and a o3ds which is at 10.07, best bet is freakyforms or some other exploited game.
would i be able to do ninjhax if i format my system memory? most of my stuff is on my sd card but honestly i'm a mega-noob so i'm probably overlooking something with that idea. i really want to get homebrew...

EDIT: nvm that idea i had was pretty stupid !! but, i did notice that on July 2nd in the early afternoon ninjhax was available for 11.0.0-33? I screenshotted it on my phone but i haven't tested it to see if it works yet. i have my doubts (since mobile websites can be kinda lame sometimes) but i'm trying to stay optimistic about it haha. i'll post if it works or not

EDIT 2.0: i don't believe it works but i've also never used ninjhax before so i don't know if i was doing it correctly or not. anyway, i took the link to the 11.0.0-33U picture i found on my phone and let my computer use it, so if anyone wants to try it to see if you have better luck than me you can go right ahead. http://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/JL1Xf2KFVm/q/POST5_U_25600_usa_9221.png

Last edited by nerdtrash2k14,

RedScaledOne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What is the status now?
I just got Cubic ninja and I am on 11.0.0-33E I could cry.. I just bought freakyiland delux ore something like this as well.. Wish I would have know earlier.....

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What is the status now?
I just got Cubic ninja and I am on 11.0.0-33E I could cry.. I just bought freakyiland delux ore something like this as well.. Wish I would have know earlier.....
CN, useless for now
FF Deluxe, excellent option for userland homebrew, no arm9 or arm11 without kernel downgrading (with dsiwarehax or hardmod) (which would enable cubic ninja too)

Selver

Trophies
XP
Country
What is the status now?
I just got Cubic ninja and I am on 11.0.0-33E ... [and] freakyiland delux ...
CN, useless for now
FF Deluxe, excellent option for userland homebrew, no arm9 or arm11 without kernel downgrading (with dsiwarehax or hardmod) (which would enable cubic ninja too)

Ryccardo is right (except maybe CN works).
Cubic Ninja might provide homebrew access; See http://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/.
FF Deluxe provides homebrew access on 11.0.0-33E; See https://plutooo.github.io/freakyhax/.

Arm9 access, Arm11 kernel-mode need a new kernel exploit to be released.
An alternative to waiting for a new kernel-mode exploit is to downgrade firmware using a hardmod. See https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Firmware-Downgrade/.
A second alternative exists if you have a second 3DS that is already running custom firmware (CFW). See https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Firmware-Downgrade/.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ