Hacking 11.0.0-33 System Update released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why does anyone that would ever want to hack something upgrade to a new FW version straight away when it is released? I guess the classic 'I accidently did it' or 'My little brother' did it could be a plausible reason but dam it people stop updating your sysnands!

Seriously there are going to be N3DS in the US retail chain for a long while before all the 10.x or lower units are gone. I am waiting for GW time machine release as I have been to lazy to setup A9 hack and it looks like there process is easy and more error proof. Not even sure why I care that much as GW_EMUNAND does about all I need and still using sysnand 4.x but would like to use a newer sysnand and coldboot to emunand so going to update both o3DS here soon.

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why does anyone that would ever want to hack something upgrade to a new FW version straight away when it is released? I guess the classic 'I accidently did it' or 'My little brother' did it could be a plausible reason but dam it people stop updating your sysnands!

Seriously there are going to be N3DS in the US retail chain for a long while before all the 10.x or lower units are gone. I am waiting for GW time machine release as I have been to lazy to setup A9 hack and it looks like there process is easy and more error proof. Not even sure why I care that much as GW_EMUNAND does about all I need and still using sysnand 4.x but would like to use a newer sysnand and coldboot to emunand so going to update both o3DS here soon.
The main advantage of A9LH for me is that we don't need an EmuNAND, so more space. But yeah, I'll stick with EmuNAND on my O3DS and I have A9LH on my N3DS.

Genjutsuhh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
So I'm feeling a bit lost with all the technicalities here and still confused whether I should upgrade my GW Emunand or not.
I'm using Menuhax to directly boot into HBL and then go to Gateway menu from there. (Pretty much the basic setup according to GW's online manual).
I can see from some of the above posts that GW Emunand works on 11.0 but will HBL+Menuhax still work ? Btw I'm only trying to update my GW Emunand. My sysNAND is on 9.0. I just really need someone to confirm if Menuhax+Homebrew Launcher+Gateway menu will still work after updating my GW Emunand.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm feeling a bit lost with all the technicalities here and still confused whether I should upgrade my GW Emunand or not.
I'm using Menuhax to directly boot into HBL and then go to Gateway menu from there. (Pretty much the basic setup according to GW's online manual).
I can see from some of the above posts that GW Emunand works on 11.0 but will HBL+Menuhax still work ? Btw I'm only trying to update my GW Emunand. My sysNAND is on 9.0. I just really need someone to confirm if Menuhax+Homebrew Launcher+Gateway menu will still work after updating my GW Emunand.
Menuhax relies on your sysNAND. So updating the EmuNAND won't break it. If you're accessing HBL through a bootmanager with menuhax, it'll use sysNAND. If you are using HBL from withing emuNAND, then it'll just download the 11.0 payload and continue working just fine.

Genjutsuhh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Menuhax relies on your sysNAND. So updating the EmuNAND won't break it. If you're accessing HBL through a bootmanager with menuhax, it'll use sysNAND. If you are using HBL from withing emuNAND, then it'll just download the 11.0 payload and continue working just fine.
Oh so that's the case. Thank you for the help. Much appreciated :)

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Rxtools works with latest emunand? I know a9hl is great but for now i stay with rxtools. Everything works?

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I have the same question. Can anyone confirm if updating emunand to 11.0 on rxTools is okay/safe to do?

Metalchilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated N3DS XL CFW sysNAND to v.11.0.0-33U

A9LH works (no arguing with that), Luma3DS working fine, HBL working fine as long as payload is renamed.

Can also confirm OoTHax doesn't work, payload needs to be updated for v11 support.

how the heck did you get luma on 11.0 sysnand??

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Precisely that. A9LH allows you to update to the latest sysnand without fear of bricking or removing CFW. That's what it's designed to do (among other things).

^ what he says. :D

also would love to update my previous statement:

OoTHax was updated yesterday and now works with v.11. Haven't tested it yet tho, will try later.

EDIT: OoTHax for v.11 works like a charm.

Last edited by annson24,
Reactions: Selver

DeepChord

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey,
I'm a complete noob when it comes to the whole homebrew thing, so please don't get mad at me for asking (probably) stupid questions ;)

So I just bought a used japanese New3DS from YouTube with EmuNand 10.3 installed for the Monster Hunter X english translation patch. The system itself is on the 10.3 FW Version.
Since I'm learning Japanese I would love to be able to access the eshop to buy games from there and to play Monster Hunter X online. However I don't want to lose the english patch for MHX and the ability to run games regardless of which region they are from. So I've read through this thread and as I gather it is safe to update to the newest firmware? Just want to make sure it really is? How would I do it? Do I have to update Emunand separately?

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,
I'm a complete noob when it comes to the whole homebrew thing, so please don't get mad at me for asking (probably) stupid questions ;)

So I just bought a used japanese New3DS from YouTube with EmuNand 10.3 installed for the Monster Hunter X english translation patch. The system itself is on the 10.3 FW Version.
Since I'm learning Japanese I would love to be able to access the eshop to buy games from there and to play Monster Hunter X online. However I don't want to lose the english patch for MHX and the ability to run games regardless of which region they are from. So I've read through this thread and as I gather it is safe to update to the newest firmware? Just want to make sure it really is? How would I do it? Do I have to update Emunand separately?
Quit watching videos. Emunand is always safe to update. Do not update sysnand unless you have arm9loaderhax installed and set up properly.

dantelynx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys,
I've been out of the game for so long that I've forgotten how I set up my 3ds to play monster hunter 4, but now that zero time dilemma is out, I tried to play it on my 9.x emunand to no avail (stuck nintendo screen after launch through the 'select + choosing game' maneuvre), after that I upgraded my emunand to the latest version 11.x, but the game selecting menu doesn't come out anymore (pressing select button), I upgraded the launcher 3DS file to the lastest version by gateway but it didn't change much.
Any pointers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far