A miserable little pile of secrets
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I did try searching before posting, and found nothing about this error code.

I decided to try softmodding my Wii again so I could run WADs, but decided while I'm at it I'd install cIOS 202 so I could load GBA and SNES ROMs off a DVD. First, I followed this guide to restore the Trucha bug, and everything appeared to work perfectly. I successfully installed IOS 249 and 250 with this guide after that. Then I used this guide to try installing cIOS 202. I used 249 to install, and selected base IOS 60. It started to download, but then stopped, and gave me a red error message saying "ES_Decrypted error ret: -1017" (or something very close to that), then another red error further down saying "bad hash". I then tried installing with 250, and got the same result. Then I tried using a different base IOS and got -1017 again. Finally, I attempted to install 222 and got the exact same message. Should I try installing with 36, since 249 is a Waninkoko IOS and these are Hermes? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

dn_angel000

Phantom User
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Error 1017: IOS Installation error most likely using an old or incorrect IOS, missing an IOS, or the IOS you're trying to install cannot be installed on top of another.

Q. How do I fix this error?
A. Fix it by installing a newer IOS249 than the one you already have (if don't have it, try installing it). If you still get this error, fix it the same way as Error 2011.

Info courtesy from WiiHacks' Error Guide!! lol

PeregrinFig

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I'm about to install the newer cIOS versions with WAD manager, and I just want to make sure I understand how to do this so I don't screw anything up. Am I right that what I should do is first uninstall 249 and 250, then install them with 36, then 202, 223, 224 and 225 with 249?

dn_angel000

Phantom User
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NO use DOP-Mii 2 uninstall those IOSs then use the respective installers (Hermes v5.1 + cIOSX rev21) 2 install ur cIOSs!!!

PeregrinFig

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DOP-Mii was what I meant I was using for uninstalling. I find it strange that it lists the versions of 249 and 250 that it installed as stubs. Can I just forget about 249/250 and install the Hermes cIOSes with 36?

PeregrinFig

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is all so confusing >.< I think I finally have it figured out, first use cIOS Installer Xr20b for 249 and 250 with 36, then use 249 for 202, 222, 223, and 224 with Hermes 5.1, then I can install WADs for channels. Is that right?

dn_angel000

Phantom User
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup u got it!! lol But u should head 2 FileTrip and search 4 cIOSx rev21b cause there is a specific base u have 2 install 249 on! I think it might b IOS56 but not sure!

PeregrinFig

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I did some Googling and apparently if you plan to install WADs, 38 is recommended for 249. I don't even own an external HDD so I'm not worried about USB loaders. And, 21b doesn't exist on filetrip, 20b is the latest version.

EDIT: Sorry, One last question (I hope): after installing 249, do I need to do the same thing with 250, or does cIOSx automatically install both?

PeregrinFig

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, then I have two follow-up questions: do I install 250 with 249 or 36 again, and do I use the same base for both? Btw thanks for all the help you've already given me.

PeregrinFig

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was going to use that guide to begin with but you specifically told me not to use WAD Manager o.O So far installing through WADs is going smoothly.

EDIT2: Nevermind if you saw the first edit.

PeregrinFig

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I did research enough to know I had to delete stubs before installing, and used DOP-Mii for that. I'm trying pretty hard to avoid a brick, even though I do have BootMii with a NAND backup.

PeregrinFig

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well all this fiddling with IOSes and wasting time with installers finally paid off, I got a channel WAD installed without bricking my Wii
yaywii.gif
Thanks, both of you, I'd be stuck still without all the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: