Hacking 1.5.1 bugs?

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
MarkDarkness said:
Guys, I'm slightly confused... is this update stable or are there really bugs?

These are minor bugs, unless you are playing Zelda ST, I think it's ok.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
ifish said:
stay on 1.5 unless your not playing the new zelda
Thank you!

Yuan said:
QUOTE(MarkDarkness @ Jan 1 2010, 10:51 PM) Guys, I'm slightly confused... is this update stable or are there really bugs?

These are minor bugs, unless you are playing Zelda ST, I think it's ok.
Valeu, cara.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
MarkDarkness said:
Guys, I'm slightly confused... is this update stable or are there really bugs?

It's perfectly fine to update. The bugs that are listed are minor at best. I'm having no problems in terms of loading games or compatibility problems.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Smiths said:
1.5 is no longer supported by us. We use 1.5.1.

Stay on 1.5 and you lose your right to make dumb threads.
Only have one thread to my count, and it is smart albeit completely ignored, so there you go.
smileipb2.png
Moving to 1.5.1 it is.

kineticUk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've updated my original post with some small bugs (I think?) that haven't been reported...
Would be great if anyone could confirm whether any more of these affect others as well. Test em quick on your setups if you have a minute?
Confirmed the date/timestamp issue and I am sorry to bump this (didn't wanna make seperate threads for these) but if any others are confirmed on other users akaio I can report them.
Cheers.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
kineticUK said:
Can anyone else check these out on their acekards...I'm on 1.5.1 using an RPG.

1. Still showing version 1.5 if you go to start menu then help.
2. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=199879 Are we supposed to see release notes? I know plugins have been removed but thought I remember reading .txt files and release notes (enabled in the wifi update section) could be viewed from akaio.
3. Date/time I still have some issues..
The timestamp seems correct now but date is wrong (showing year 1980 and wrong month day on 01/01/2009 gmt). I created a new .sav then checked its properties from AKAIO 1.5.1 after updating. Could this be RPG only error as this issues been fixed according to the release notes for version 1.5.1? If so wonder could the RPG dldi files have anything to do with this?
Baffled..
Looking at the new files created using the wifi update I noticed there was no created date on them at all, its blank when viewing date created/modified from windows explorer.
4. Japanese internal names on some roms (Meteos, Sonic Rush, Sonic Rush Adventure, Theme Park European Releases)?
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=201031

5. Changing the language in the system menu doesn't stick unless I change it seperate to any other options.. I'll explain.
If I change the skin, show file option and the language then the other options are saved but the language isn't. If I then go back to the menu and change the language without touching anything else, it is saved and the language changes.
I know these are nothing bugs but I hope nobody minds me reporting them here.
6. The "Y" button does not show a files properties after you copy (and paste?) a file using AKAIO. "Y" button stops working until you restart the DS after which it can be used to show a files properties again.
7. I get the odd file created (.sav etc) that has old style DOS formatting on the filename. (Eg With KorgDS10.nds akaio creates KORGDS10.SAV or KORGDS10.BAK). Akiao normally makes the files formatting/standard match so KorgDS10.sav or KorgDS10.bak.

Thanks

5. This is only a problem if you try to change both language and skin at the same time i'll fix it up.
6. I'll test and fix that soon.
7. This is a libfat bug not an AKAIO bug that any filenames using 8.3 format will be stored in 8.3 uppercase, i'll have to fix that aswell at some stage.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Normmatt, is the 1mb save file only for legend of zelda: Spirit tracks?

Cos when i loaded my old save file for Rittai Picross, the game freeze and when i closed my ds and have a look, i noticed that it's save file is now 1mb.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
mrfatso said:

Cos when i loaded my old save file for Rittai Picross, the game freeze and when i closed my ds and have a look, i noticed that it's save file is now 1mb.

Rittai Picross also requires 1MB save size for all the downloadable content.

Princess Rozalin

†GBAtemp Official Princess Of Roses†
Trophies
Website
z10.invisionfree.com
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
mrfatso said:

Rittai Picross also requires 1MB save size for all the downloadable content.
Normmat so does this mean like if i were to play Zelda on NO$GBA.Would the file be Supported or would the file size have to be converted by Shunyweb?

http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php

kineticUk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks very much for looking at these normmatt and thanks for another akaio update. Its f-in quality.
(If its ok I won't bother posting these on the akiao forum as well, but let me know if thats preferred by yourself).

As for the save question, AKAIO is doing the right thing with the zelda save so I wouldn't imagine it can be used between other programs emulations which are using a different (wrong) .sav method (Shuny convertor thing cannot be used as far as I am aware to fix a .sav made previously, akaio creates the correct .sav though on 1.5.1, so I guess you could start with that and switch it)...correct me if I'm wrong.

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Files created/modified by AKAIO 1.5.1 have blank timestamp when viewed under Windows.

Is there a fix for this problem?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU