Hacking 1.0 switch with puyo puyo, do I need usb c cable.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 1.0 switch with puyo puyo tetris jpn, will I need a usb - usb c cable or no? If yes please link which one ppl are buying.

I asked on discord, one responce was:

Double Jumper

tbf, this is specific to f-g
on 1.0 with jamais vu could not need? i don't remember details(edited)

Last edited by Ericthegreat,

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'm just hoping for a non puyo way to launch the browser to be discovered so it's possible to load fusee without needing to hardmod or buy puyo

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
AFAIK, 1.0 switch can br softmodded if SciresM releases his exploit so you have an option to use it. No information about this yet or im not updated. If it will be the option you choose, the thing you'll need is a a card reader for transferring files.

Fusee gelee is another option of course.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just hoping for a non puyo way to launch the browser to be discovered so it's possible to load fusee without needing to hardmod or buy puyo
Hmm youll probably need to pick one, the hardmod seems to have quite a few novel ways to do it, so if the permanent option is released soon you may only have to do it once.

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you use fusee I dont think you do, im just waiting to learn more about direct booting to emunand before i decide to sell mine.

But 1.0.0 is the only FW that can rip games, right? Not going to dock-block you, but you probably won't get nearly as much as you want. You might end up kicking yourself later.

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
AFAIK, 1.0 switch can br softmodded if SciresM releases his exploit so you have an option to use it. No information about this yet or im not updated. If it will be the option you choose, the thing you'll need is a a card reader for transferring files.

Fusee gelee is another option of course.

Good to know there is at least something in the works, hope it is released!

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
But 1.0.0 is the only FW that can rip games, right? Not going to dock-block you, but you probably won't get nearly as much as you want. You might end up kicking yourself later.
Are you talking about ripping games alone or backup loading? Because there are already ripped/dumped switch games already. Tons of em.

I dont think there isn't a thing that a 1.0 exploit can do that the fusee gelee cant. Its the highest kind of exploit (bootrom exploit) and once you have this permission, you can basically bypass anything. It just isnt available at the moment. (EDIT: the ripping or backup loading in the switch)

Last edited by chirogan,

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Then I guess a 1.0.0 Switch just had its usefulness cut by 30%.
I dont think so. I cant literally say because i have no information. But if it is a kernel exploit, it's features will be the same as fusee gelee. The only difference is it relies on the firmware bugs, can be patched by nintendo through firmware updates and less efficient. That is why youll need emunand and cant update your firmware carelessly cause youll lose the firmware bug as well as the exploit.

The fusee gelee however is a bootrom bug/ exploit. It is a cold boot exploit meaning the exploit happens even before the switch even attempts to boot up the firmware. Hence it is unpatchable. It is kind of similar to boot9strap of the 3ds.

Last edited by chirogan,

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Wel Kate did say that if you have 1.0.0 don't update it, so maybe there is still a use for it
20180507_140938.png

Last edited by chirogan,

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
If im reading everything correctly here is what i know to be true

You need ppt once to install fake news

Once you have fake news you can boot into fg without a joycon mod or jig.

You will still need a usb to load the payload until somethings changes

charlieb

Trophies
XP
Country
If im reading everything correctly here is what i know to be true

You need ppt once to install fake news

Once you have fake news you can boot into fg without a joycon mod or jig.

You will still need a usb to load the payload until somethings changes

Exactly right. No jjg neded but once at rcm stage, situation is same as any switch and cable needed.

Xandroz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
puyo to get fake news and sell it
you have your browser, do the pegaswitch and load FG from pega untill jamis vu exploit gets out for 1.0 and we can coldboot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users