Hacking i am very very very... confused!!!

Silverpelt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there are 3 r4 websites and all of them suck.
R4ds.cn
r4sdhc.com
r4dsl.com

The r4 has absolutely no updates anymore... can anyone find a r4 1.19 that works on my real r4 (not sdhc or r4III)
hate2.gif

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Silverpelt said:
R4ds.cn
r4sdhc.com
r4dsl.com

The r4 has absolutely no updates anymore... can anyone find a r4 1.19 that works on my real r4 (not sdhc or r4III)
hate2.gif

One's going to be released on September 15th, so just be patient
wink.gif

r4ds.com (down) and r4ds.cn are the real ones, the others are fakes.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
cruddybuddy said:
For what is an updated needed, other than compatability?

Just a compatability fix would be nice. I don't mind a 60 day wait but when they start taking longer than 90 days you know that team has either got rich and lazy or they're dead in the water. I'm voting for dead in the water simply because of the difference in quality between the team now and 6 months ago.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Zerrix said:
Silverpelt said:
R4ds.cn
r4sdhc.com
r4dsl.com

hate2.gif

wink.gif

Do you still believe in that? I think that after Nintendo plus other company lawsuit they give up, since even the official site has going down these days.

Forget_the_Rest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There were other reasons going around as to why the .com site is down such as they've been shut down over the Olympics. I'm not going to give up hope until after Sep 15.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I suggest not getting the R4 and if you already have one, you really should think about getting a new flashcard, there are plenty of flashcards out there that are far cheaper and have better support, compatibility and features. The R4 has stopped being manufactured which means that it has reached the end of its life. You can expect only minor updates if any at all from the R4 team though right now, it doesn't look promising.

Several games, even some that came out over a year ago don't work on the R4. Also many newer games coming out have problems on the R4 either not running the game at all or the game is extremely buggy and freeze often. Also games with the new save type are not supported on the R4 so any games coming out with the new save type will not save. Also there are a few homebrew apps that have trouble on the R4 as well.

The R4 overall, is extremely limited and buggy. The cheat system has many flaws and can cause games to freeze or simply nt work when using cheats on some games. Also a few cheat types are not supported leaving you with a good many cheats not working on the R4. Also the R4 limits the number of cheats and games that gets displayed on the cheats page.

So basically, the R4 is on life support ans has been for quite a long time now. Many newer flashcards have surpassed the R4 in many ways, including compatibility. The R4 is showing its age, thanks to hardware limitations (The R4 Firmware not being flashable), features like SDHC support and many others can never be added. The R4 was a fine cart when it first came out, but now its just an old, over prices flashcard.

I also want to know that the R4 has many clones as well, some supporting SDHC cards. These are not enhanced R4s nor improved, they simply had the hardware added to support SDHC cards while the loader/firmware they use is the exact same as the real R4DS byte to byte. This means that the clones have the same problems of the real R4DS and if the R4DS stops getting updated, so will the clones. So the R4 Upgrade V2, N5, R4DS III and so on are just all cheat knockoffs and should be avoided at all costs as the R4 Team is planning one last update that will brick the clones and possibly the DS that they are on.

Silverpelt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zerrix said:
Silverpelt said:
R4ds.cn
r4sdhc.com
r4dsl.com

hate2.gif

wink.gif

september 15th? aw man... ill just buy m3dss or something.....

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Silverpelt,

Rule number 1: only visit R4DS official website...all others are for fakes/clones!!

You should be aware R4 (& M3DS Simply have/are about to stop production...hence no ongoing updates/support.

Why are you so desperate for a firmware update? Is it to play all games?
Well guess what?...I have an R4 and can play all games...simple ARM7 fix (found on this forum) will enable all games to work (I used it for Hulk, amongst a handful of others).

cruddybuddy

Group: Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
cruddybuddy said:
For what is an updated needed, other than compatability?

Just a compatability fix would be nice. I don't mind a 60 day wait but when they start taking longer than 90 days you know that team has either got rich and lazy or they're dead in the water. I'm voting for dead in the water simply because of the difference in quality between the team now and 6 months ago.

What isn't R4 compatable with?

Hayatkaizer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r4sdhc website doesn't work on "The R4" , only R4 SDHC (although still have no idea is a real card or not), I more suggest you get a new flash card instead , DSTT , Acekard2 ... also about the R4 update on 9/15 still wonder is real or not, some people said is fake, so don't give your hope so high

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: sup nerds