TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
SkinR4.png

A simple skin browser and installer for the R4. The left pane is your MicroSD card and the right pane is the drive with your skins on.

Use the file browser on the right to select the archive containing the skin bitmaps or gbaframe.bmp (it supports zip and rar skin file and zip, rar and uncompressed gbaframe.bmp files.). Once selected a preview (this isn't rendered, simply loaded and drawn) of the bitmaps contained in the archive is shown above. If this is the skin you want select Apply Skin and it'll be copied to the currently selected folder on the left. gbaframe.bmp files will always be applied to the _system_ folder.

If the program finds a readme file or a preview.jpg file inside the archive then you'll be informed above the file selector and you can view the files by selecting either View Notes or View Preview from the File menu.

It should also allow for folders within folders of archives, but not multiple skin sets inside one archive.

Select Single Skin if you're not using themes or select the theme number you want the skin applied as. A preview of the skin already installed is displayed at the top.

If anyone has a better suggestion for how the gbaframes.bmp browser/applier should look I'm open to suggestions!

TO DO
--------
- Packing all the theme folders on the card into a theme pack.
- Bug fixes.

Just unpack the zip/rar file to a folder of your choice and double click on SkinR4.exe to load the program. A folder called TEMP for unpacking the archives to is created inside that folder.

Binary archive in RAR format
Binary archive in ZIP format

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
you didnt HAVE to create two topics!

Looks cool, two suggestions:
- use the TXPManifest component (under the Win32 tab), just put it on the main form and compile... and enjoy the result
tongue.gif

- go to project -> Options, and change the program icon! the default delphi icon sucks ass

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you mean here and in the M3 section? If so I'll remove the M3 one, I just figured that most people with the M3 Simply don't look in here. And I'll try that TXPManifest thing shortly, thanks!

EDIT: You already removed the other one, cheers! Sorry about that!

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New version uploaded.

- Fixed bug where gbaframe.bmp wasn't being copied applied from archives.
- Fixed bug where temp directory wasn't being cleared.
- Changed title bar.
- Changed icon.
- Added TXPManifest component!

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks! It's going to be the new skin browser in R4 Commander v2 but I've compiled it as a standalone app as well cos I know alot of people use Rominator to manage their library, and doing it this way means they can still use the useful stuff that I'm writing for v2 but still keep the awesome app that is Rominator to put games on their card.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Not a problem, thanks for the compliments!

Has anyone found any problems with it or can I declare it reasonably bug free and include it in the new R4 Commander?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Update released!

CHANGES
———
- Fixed a problem where gbaframes were shown instead of the proper skin if one was icluded in the archive.
- Fixed the file not found error when the MicroSD card wasn’t plugged in.
- Added various websites to the drop down menu including this blog, the official SkinR4 forum, the offical R4 Commander V2.0 forum, NDSThemes, MavisXP and the GBATemp Official R4 Skins forum

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill