ROM Hack cracker's DS Trainer Maker Tutorial

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got it done. Download my trainer making tutorial here.

Update: I made a more advanced tutorial with the methods that I use now to making trainers. You can download it here. Some of the information in the original tutorial will be needed as a stepping stone but the new tutorial teaches a much better method that is more or less non-destructive (which equals more stable trainers).
smile.gif

Enjoy!

*edit by staff: mirror @ gbatemp: http://gbatemp.net/up/cr-dstmt.zip (in case the original link is down)

dbgtdob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks it work, i made a hack for izuna the unemployed ninja and inuyasha the divine jewel, for infinite hp lol that all i can do so far but its enough but i cant get it to work on lost in blue all i get is white screens after applying the patch.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
does this trainer involve making your own codes/advanced coding & dos commands?
frown.gif
or can you simply use action replay's codes and make it into a trainer? i can't use dipstar as my slot 2 flash cart dosn't support it, i've been looking for a alternative.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If command prompt usage/DOS commands are one of your worries then this may not be for you.
What it involves (and the link details it better) is finding out the things responsible for losing lives, time, monkeys...... (normally by reverse engineering cheats or using emulators) and altering the things responsible for them by way of ASM coding, far short of drop a cheat and play although far more powerful.

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks it work, i made a hack for izuna the unemployed ninja and inuyasha the divine jewel, for infinite hp lol that all i can do so far but its enough but i cant get it to work on lost in blue all i get is white screens after applying the patch.

why dont u give them to cracker, or something, or share them with us
smile.gif

izuna is the only game on ds i actually have the urge to get infinte hp in..lol

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
If command prompt usage/DOS commands are one of your worries then this may not be for you.
What it involves (and the link details it better) is finding out the things responsible for losing lives, time, monkeys...... (normally by reverse engineering cheats or using emulators) and altering the things responsible for them by way of ASM coding, far short of drop a cheat and play although far more powerful.

well that's a shame, i want to be able to use action replay cheat codes in a trainer, not make my own, i don't have the time & patience for that kind of thing.

TonyIommi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there awesome guide!!There is just one problem :Icant seem to find the Ips xP program anywhere on the net.Can you or someone else upload it??

Does a master code have to exist in every game?Because in codejunkies.com they never say the master code

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over