Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
memberreviewcomp-banner.jpg

GBAtemp.net is proud to announce a new competition!

For your chance to win an M3 Lite (or normal M3 or Supercard upon request) kindly donated by our sponsor shop.01media.com, all you have to do is submit member reviews to us.

Here's how it works:

- The competition is open between 21st August - 21st September (one month)
- All member reviews submitted in this time period will be noted by staff
- Each member review will be graded by a staff member out of a possible five points. It will be marked on the quality of the review (ie. good grammar, spelling, content)
- If a member submits another review it is also graded out of five and added to their previous points
- These points are only noted by staff and not available to be viewed or disputed by members
- The member with the most points at the end of the review period will win the great prize

This way we are judging you on BOTH quality and quantity. If a member were to submit two reviews and we graded each to be of two points value they would have four points. One member may write a single exceptional review of five points value, thereby scoring higher with a single review. So it's not a case of who can post the most reviews.

It's pretty simple. If you've ever wanted to brush up on your writing skills and get your work published and viewed by thousands of GBAtemp members now's your chance, you could even win a free flashcart to boot! Every member that submits a review will be credited on the portal as we will post a link to every review submitted. Reviews do not have to be game based, they can be hardware based like a new flashcart or passcard. However we do suggest the review be GBA or DS focused. With so many new games being released for DS and GBA there isn't a shortage of games to review!

Review suggestions:

- Take a look at these Review Templates
- We suggest at least 400 words per review. Which really isn't very much when you break the review down into segments.
- Be informative, objectional and fair in your review
- Screenshots/videos are not needed, but might be nice for your overall presentation. They will not be marked specifically
- We are aware English is not everyone's first language. We will take nationality into consideration and make fair judgements
- Reviews that have already been published elsewhere will be declined. A few people have already tried doing this. We require you to post a review specifically written for GBAtemp.
*updated*

CLICK HERE to start submitting reviews!

Good luck and thank you to everyone who has already posted a member review, you have been a great help to this community
grog.gif

Rayout

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sounds like a great system....but how many reviews for a single game will be accepted? Survivial of the fittest? This is something I'd be interested in though, great idea
biggrin.gif

currently though, sobriety /= me haha, anyways I will participate for sure!

miko

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
maybe is late, but I suggest: if you(gbatemp.net) can for example make a list of HW/soft where members would take some... or you can allow 3 reviews(members) per HW/soft
wink.gif

Only because of variety.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
There are an awful lot of members. A list would be far too impractical. Besides new games are released every day. The way it is now you have a lot more freedom. I don't think we'll get 10 reviews of Puzzle Bobble or Barbie Rides Again.

Remember, you get to contribute to the forum, get your name on the portal and have a chance of winning a flashcart
smile.gif
Not too shabby.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, I am absolutely horrible at writing anything that someone is going to be reading later on, so I will do everyone a favor and not participate. But to eveyone who IS going to go all in, do NOT review Barbie Rides Again!!
frown.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
If by Retro you mean GBA then yes
tongue.gif

We're not going to stop you from posting a review of say a NES game, as long as it's a good review. We'd prefer GBA or DS reviews though as that's what GBAtemp is focused on.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I also think there should be a limit as to ho many reviews one member may submit. Otherwise some one will end up doing like 100 reviews or so lol.

if someone posts 100 reviews and they're all shit, he surely won't deserve the prize
if however the 100 reviews are excellent, then it'll be fine for everyone
biggrin.gif
for the readers and for GBAtemp in general !

Anyway, we'll make sure to reward the best reviewer. Not the one who posts the most.

bryehn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i just submitted one, nut it didn't show up in the forum.

i can find it by searching, but the link seems dead :\

is this normal for now, or should i resubmit it?

cruddybuddy

Group: Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States
A couple of questions for the powers that be:

1 - Will reviews with poor grammar be forgiven based on someone's nationality, meaning they may gain and extra point when their reviews are spelled incorrectly? If that is the case, then I will register a new username with the flag of Ethiopia. I know it may not seem fair that a person who does not speak native English doesn't have an equal opportunity, but that is life. There are pleanty of contests in Japan that I am unable to enter because I do not speak the language. Well, I suppose this was more of a comment than a question, but I think giving people a handicap is asking for a lot of trouble.

2 - Is the point scale 1-5 or 0-5? I know you mentioned someone with 100 crappy reviews not winning, but that would imply an ability on the part of the staff to choose one contestant over another based on factors outside of the designated rules.

Any further clarification on these points would be very much appreciated.

L

lastdual

The only problem I see is that someone who doesn't have the time to write a dozen or more reviews (like me
happy.gif
) might be discouraged from writing any at all. A random draw based on each review being like a number in the pot might be better, as it still rewards those who write more by increasing their chances, but gives at least some chance to others with less spare time. Also, to emphasize quality you could make 5 star reviews worth 2 numbers in the pot.

yatzr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cruddybuddy said:
Is the point scale 1-5 or 0-5?
I second this question

I also agree with lastdual. Maybe you could have one prize for overall points and one prize from a drawing. I know I would be more inclined to write a good review or two if I knew I had a chance in a drawing. Otherwise, there will be a few people who will write enough reviews that I know I won't have a chance pointwise. In that case, the incentive is gone and I probably won't bother.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
The only problem I see is that someone who doesn't have the time to write a dozen or more reviews (like me
happy.gif
) might be discouraged from writing any at all
If you look at it from the point of view of a contest then yes, that's the biggest loophole; people entering the contest with the aim to win will be put off.

However if the aim of this whole thing is, as I suspect, to increase the amount of user
reviews submitted to the site by using an incentive to spark interest then it's going to work exactly as the moderators plan. (I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I just wish people would say what they actually mean rather than wrapping it up to look like something else, in this case a contest
happy.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :( +1