Prince Medion

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can we get any kind of offically (staff) confirmation of how reviews are scored with multiple ones.

In the example it makes it seem like that if you submit 2 reviews each earning 2 points you get a total of 4, but if you just submit one and it gets a five you beat the other person, however what if you enter 3 reviews and get a total of 6 points (3, 2 point reviews) then that person (despite all of the reviews being crappy) would have been better then the person who wrote a 5 point, near perfect review. This seems more quanity over quality however with the way you mentioned it in the first post it makes me feel you meant to explain it otherwise. Could a staff please explain?

How you explained it is correct. If someone posted 3 reviews that got 2 points each they would beat someone who posted a single 5 point review.

But bare in mind that if the person who wrote a 5 point review continued to write reviews of that standard they could write less reviews and beat the person who wrote more reviews.
KK, thanks for clearing that up. But I do have another question, are we allowed to re-write reviews that we have done int he past and enter those? I have an advance wars DS review that was on one website which is now no longer in existance that I've been meaning to rewrite since it wasn't very good (and rushed) would I be allowed to enter that?

Now that I'm off work I'll spend these next few days writing a few reviews so I thought i'd ask
happy.gif

Edit: One other question is there a word limit? Mine reviews are typically quite long XD

Kirby102

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I predict TheGreat2nd winning.
My senses point to that direction too...
nyanya.gif

But yeah... for all we know, we don't know, his ...*counts* 18 reviews (as of now) could be worth... 1 or 2? But I highly doubt it, they are quite informative, so he could take it.
tongue.gif

But the whole idea of this comp is to gain more community participation, or so it seems.
biggrin.gif
Another 3 days to go or so...
lecture.gif

OMG 18! damn lol

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Can we get any kind of offically (staff) confirmation of how reviews are scored with multiple ones.

In the example it makes it seem like that if you submit 2 reviews each earning 2 points you get a total of 4, but if you just submit one and it gets a five you beat the other person, however what if you enter 3 reviews and get a total of 6 points (3, 2 point reviews) then that person (despite all of the reviews being crappy) would have been better then the person who wrote a 5 point, near perfect review. This seems more quanity over quality however with the way you mentioned it in the first post it makes me feel you meant to explain it otherwise. Could a staff please explain?

How you explained it is correct. If someone posted 3 reviews that got 2 points each they would beat someone who posted a single 5 point review.

But bare in mind that if the person who wrote a 5 point review continued to write reviews of that standard they could write less reviews and beat the person who wrote more reviews.
KK, thanks for clearing that up. But I do have another question, are we allowed to re-write reviews that we have done int he past and enter those? I have an advance wars DS review that was on one website which is now no longer in existance that I've been meaning to rewrite since it wasn't very good (and rushed) would I be allowed to enter that?

Now that I'm off work I'll spend these next few days writing a few reviews so I thought i'd ask
happy.gif

Edit: One other question is there a word limit? Mine reviews are typically quite long XD

If you re-wrote them then there shouldn't be a problem. Just don't directly copy and paste a review already posted on another site.

Prince Medion

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kk, yeah 18 reviews isn't something I can match so I'll likely not even bother, I can write more then that in a few days but I really don't want to just to get a flash cart, well mainly because I already have one (which finally works yay XD) so meh, oh well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*