GBAtemp's Member Review Competition

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
why not just make it that the better of the marked reviews (from the same person) gets scored? Makes it fairer that way.

TheGreat2nd

[No Title]
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wrote a review for Summon Night and just submitted it
biggrin.gif

When can I expect to see it up?

Tuxedo Kamen

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Meh, I doubt anyone will care about my opinion on this, but I just wanted to say that I disagree with the rules of this contest, mainly the "quantity" one, and I'll state my reasons below:

First of all, giving marks to a review is extremely hard to do. People tend to give a lower score if someone bashes a game they like, or give an higher score if that member praises that very same game.
Second, that rule simply promotes bad works, as in trying to tell people "submit as many reviews as you can, without caring for their quality"

My suggestion, if one was asked at the start, would have been the one of giving the AVERAGE value of the score the person got in every review, or even make a championship-liike contest, with people being required to post reviews with a certain type of game for each round, or something.

I would gladly submit reviews to GBAtemp and those who know me also know that I am quite good at it, but such contest is just ridiculous in its current terms, and people may just write bad reviews. Therefore, I will stay out of it.

cruddybuddy

Group: Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States

yee

Trophies
Website
revscene.net
XP
Country
Canada
Just noticed that some people have actually written more than a dozen reviews and how are some people with not as much time actually write that many?

I think you guys should allow as many reviews as the author wants to write, but have them pick a couple to enter in the competition. That way, all is fair, and everyone has a good chance of winning.

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
How long should I wait before I expect my review to be up?

Don't expect. There is a chance it might never be up.
biggrin.gif

I like to stay positive
tongue.gif

Cool.
biggrin.gif
I wrote a review about a DS game that noone will care about actually. All fun stuff but I'll gonna go be positive too.
I won't try and review lots to win though :/ I'm pretty sure that it'll be a bitch to ship the prize to the Philippines and I don't want to hassle anyone with that.

Kyo86sg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi, i got a Excusive product for the NDS. Its a DS game but in GBA card, what do u think is more Appropriate? Write the Review about the Hardware or the game? i was thinking hardware cause it quite hard to find.

Prince Medion

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can we get any kind of offically (staff) confirmation of how reviews are scored with multiple ones.

In the example it makes it seem like that if you submit 2 reviews each earning 2 points you get a total of 4, but if you just submit one and it gets a five you beat the other person, however what if you enter 3 reviews and get a total of 6 points (3, 2 point reviews) then that person (despite all of the reviews being crappy) would have been better then the person who wrote a 5 point, near perfect review. This seems more quanity over quality however with the way you mentioned it in the first post it makes me feel you meant to explain it otherwise. Could a staff please explain?

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Can we get any kind of offically (staff) confirmation of how reviews are scored with multiple ones.

In the example it makes it seem like that if you submit 2 reviews each earning 2 points you get a total of 4, but if you just submit one and it gets a five you beat the other person, however what if you enter 3 reviews and get a total of 6 points (3, 2 point reviews) then that person (despite all of the reviews being crappy) would have been better then the person who wrote a 5 point, near perfect review. This seems more quanity over quality however with the way you mentioned it in the first post it makes me feel you meant to explain it otherwise. Could a staff please explain?

How you explained it is correct. If someone posted 3 reviews that got 2 points each they would beat someone who posted a single 5 point review.

But bare in mind that if the person who wrote a 5 point review continued to write reviews of that standard they could write less reviews and beat the person who wrote more reviews.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it