Hacking EZ4L Modded to GBA dummy cart

jnguyen822

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some guy managed to mod his ez4 lite into the gba cart to be completely flush. looks like the g6 lite except it looks like he would be capable of 1gb of space.
Link

TheVirus

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
This was posted already, I think. There are pictures floating around that show you what you need to cut/trim in order to get it to fit. It's only a matter of time before a company mods the shells and sells them.

rezen

Trophies
XP
Country
How about one for a standard card??

Would love to have this card and get it ready for my Lite and Micro

CrazyPeon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I did it--and it's totally not worth it. In order to get it to fit, you have to (1) trim the plastic INSIDE the NDS up to the metal, (2) modify the original dust cover, and (3) trim the EZ4L PCB (Yes! the PCB). In the proccess of doing all that, I messed up 1 dust cover (so I had to buy a new one), and I broke my NDS power button. The card fits perfectly flushed inside my NDS now. If I hadn't broken the power button pin, it would have been a *almost* perfect mod.

If you really can't stand the sticking out, then I recommend you getting a G6 Lite. Right now, I am waiting for new MicroSD flash cards that fit perfectly to come out because I already have a 1GB MicroSD card.

bruceleroy06

Trophies
Website
www.ray-lee.com
XP
Country
United States
I did it--and it's totally not worth it. In order to get it to fit, you have to (1) trim the plastic INSIDE the NDS up to the metal, (2) modify the original dust cover, and (3) trim the EZ4L PCB (Yes! the PCB). In the proccess of doing all that, I messed up 1 dust cover (so I had to buy a new one), and I broke my NDS power button. The card fits perfectly flushed inside my NDS now. If I hadn't broken the power button pin, it would have been a *almost* perfect mod.

If you really can't stand the sticking out, then I recommend you getting a G6 Lite. Right now, I am waiting for new MicroSD flash cards that fit perfectly to come out because I already have a 1GB MicroSD card.

wait how did modding the dust cover break your power button?

CrazyPeon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you do just step (2) that I talked about, then you'll have to make the front panel of the dust cover extremely thin, whicih results in it looking transparent and crappy. So instead of doing that, on my second attempt, I also did steps (1) and (3). Step (1) required me to open the NDS, which caused me to break the power pin inside, which by the way is extremely fragile and small. After doing step (1) it still didn't fit, I was pisssed off that my NDS power pin broke so I figured I might as well try to trim the EZ4L PCB. I did that and to my surprise the PCB still works.

So like I said, you have to do the three steps that I mentioned absolutely perfectly without breaking anything in order to get a perfect mod. If you don't already have the tools, you're looking at $10 for the tri-wing screw driver, $20 for 3-4 extra dust covers in case you break one, and $50-$100 if you don't already have the powertools necessary. All in all, it's not worth it IMO.

Also, after my experience with EZ4L, I will *never* buy another product from the EZ team. The EZ4L really is extremely cheaply built. The original cases that came with it don't even snap together perfectly. I just got a new NDS and my plan is to just trash this EZ4L and wait for another MicroSD flashcard.

lildaz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you do just step (2) that I talked about, then you'll have to make the front panel of the dust cover extremely thin, whicih results in it looking transparent and crappy. So instead of doing that, on my second attempt, I also did steps (1) and (3). Step (1) required me to open the NDS, which caused me to break the power pin inside, which by the way is extremely fragile and small. After doing step (1) it still didn't fit, I was pisssed off that my NDS power pin broke so I figured I might as well try to trim the EZ4L PCB. I did that and to my surprise the PCB still works.

So like I said, you have to do the three steps that I mentioned absolutely perfectly without breaking anything in order to get a perfect mod. If you don't already have the tools, you're looking at $10 for the tri-wing screw driver, $20 for 3-4 extra dust covers in case you break one, and $50-$100 if you don't already have the powertools necessary. All in all, it's not worth it IMO.

Also, after my experience with EZ4L, I will *never* buy another product from the EZ team. The EZ4L really is extremely cheaply built. The original cases that came with it don't even snap together perfectly. I just got a new NDS and my plan is to just trash this EZ4L and wait for another MicroSD flashcard.

How much will you charge to do this mod for me? thanks

zone97

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you do just step (2) that I talked about, then you'll have to make the front panel of the dust cover extremely thin, whicih results in it looking transparent and crappy. So instead of doing that, on my second attempt, I also did steps (1) and (3). Step (1) required me to open the NDS, which caused me to break the power pin inside, which by the way is extremely fragile and small. After doing step (1) it still didn't fit, I was pisssed off that my NDS power pin broke so I figured I might as well try to trim the EZ4L PCB. I did that and to my surprise the PCB still works.

So like I said, you have to do the three steps that I mentioned absolutely perfectly without breaking anything in order to get a perfect mod. If you don't already have the tools, you're looking at $10 for the tri-wing screw driver, $20 for 3-4 extra dust covers in case you break one, and $50-$100 if you don't already have the powertools necessary. All in all, it's not worth it IMO.

Also, after my experience with EZ4L, I will *never* buy another product from the EZ team. The EZ4L really is extremely cheaply built. The original cases that came with it don't even snap together perfectly. I just got a new NDS and my plan is to just trash this EZ4L and wait for another MicroSD flashcard.

How did you mod the PCB the top has micro traces as well as the bottom on the back side, so close to the edge that if you trimmed it you were bound to cut them, and it still worked? have any pictures.. ??

bonethugs1999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is exactly what i was thinking,is it possible for the EZ team to realize that little gap and make their product like that? If it is, I haven't bought mine yet, so I can wait.

Btw, can anybody take a picture of their EZ flash 4 lite in their ds lite so I can see how flush it is?

bonethugs1999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is exactly what i was thinking,is it possible for the EZ team to realize that little gap and make their product like that? If it is, I haven't bought mine yet, so I can wait.

Btw, can anybody take a picture of their EZ flash 4 lite in their ds lite so I can see how flush it is?

bobbyblunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you do just step (2) that I talked about, then you'll have to make the front panel of the dust cover extremely thin, whicih results in it looking transparent and crappy.  So instead of doing that, on my second attempt, I also did steps (1) and (3).  Step (1) required me to open the NDS, which caused me to break the power pin inside, which by the way is extremely fragile and small.  After doing step (1) it still didn't fit, I was pisssed off that my NDS power pin broke so I figured I might as well try to trim the EZ4L PCB.  I did that and to my surprise the PCB still works.

So like I said, you have to do the three steps that I mentioned absolutely perfectly without breaking anything in order to get a perfect mod.  If you don't already have the tools, you're looking at $10 for the tri-wing screw driver, $20 for 3-4 extra dust covers in case you break one, and $50-$100 if you don't already have the powertools necessary.  All in all, it's not worth it IMO.

Also, after my experience with EZ4L, I will *never* buy another product from the EZ team.  The EZ4L really is extremely cheaply built.  The original cases that came with it don't even snap together perfectly.  I just got a new NDS and my plan is to just trash this EZ4L and wait for another MicroSD flashcard.
How did you mod the PCB the top has micro traces as well as the bottom on the back side, so close to the edge that if you trimmed it you were bound to cut them, and it still worked? have any pictures.. ??

--------------------
exactly what I was thinking. Which parts did you trim?
4B.jpg

7B.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!