OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
Brazil
I fount this drivers.. and its amazing.. its have a AP mode.. so it can make you card ( RT2500 or Rt2560 : the ones compatible with wifime ) act as a ACCESS POINT for you can use with your DS!!!!!!!!

( Card list )

Download the drivers here!

Desisntall your drivers ( and wifime drivers too ).

Install this one..

after instaled..

select Switch to AP MODE as picture shows !

apmode1kd.jpg

this window will apear

apmode20je.jpg

Then after you set up all the SSID, Wireless mode, etc, go into network connections and go to properties for your Local Area Connection (it might be different for you, but it's basicly for your modem, or Ethernet card.)
On the advanced tab, check the box that says

"Allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection"

Have fun!!!

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I use Wifime but why would I need this when I already have an AP? I guess its useful for those who don't own an AP and only purchased the card for the point of flashing.

The process of uninstalling drivers is not my cup of tea.

Shiroi Kaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet! this is exactly what I was hoping for.... I didn't want to buy a router or Nintendo's wifi adaptor to play online... and now I don't.
biggrin.gif
Now I just have to wait for a way to play Mario Kart on a supercard and I'm good.

CakkuZ

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
The process of uninstalling drivers is not my cup of tea.
If u have win XP u should not have to unistall drivers just update them and that's sooo easy;
left click "my computer" , choose properties then hardware tab and click device manager, search ur wlan cart(under network adapters) left click wlan cart, choose update driver, choose don't search automatically drivers from net eg., next and then "have disk" and then just "browse" and find the driver from where ever u dowloaded it.

IxthusTiger

Cruddy's Buddy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I have been able to race fin (IT'S SO FUN!!!!!!) but I encounter a problem quite frequently when looking for matches. The website describes it as a Firewall issue, but I'm sure I've covered that. I think it may be an issue with my wifi card. It first had the drivers installed for Wifime, but to use this SoftAP program I installed the official drivers for my PCI card (even though it was already plugged in and wifime was installed.) Now my laptop can connect to the wifi card like an internet access point. Sometimes I am able to connect with my DS, usually after I erase my settings and search for an Access point again. After that, I get the firewall eror.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well i figured out my particular problem i think, turning on ICS in XP sets my wifi card's IP to 192.168.0.1 which happens to be the IP of my ADSL modem. This causes obvious conflicts, and i had the same issues trying to get my xbox online early in the year.

What i need is a software based router program, if anyone has some suggestions let me know. I had found a program with a 30 day trial to get the xbox going, but i can't remember what it was.

So i need a good freeware/shareware app.

NeoGabDS

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I tryed to turn my wifi usb Hercules (HWGUSB2-54) into Access Point and it doesn't work. Someone got one and knows of to make it?

Windows refused to install the driver Ralink for mine.

Thank you so much.

Che

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I have Gigabyte GN-WPKG.
I turn it into AP mode!Made all changes it configuration.
My DS finds the Access Point, but in "Test Connection" step it wtites a error(code 52000):

Unable to obtain an IP adress.Move range ot the access point or check DHCP settings

Windows 2000sp4, Cable internet(LAN)

Zorn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Isn't the Access point mode unpretected and open for everyone??
Or are you able to use a password or any kind of protection which only
let your DS connect??
unsure.gif

El_Taco

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
i dont know why but the program dosent work on my pc the smal icon apears but i have only 2 choices and not the 3rd and i can't instal the driver it always tell's me to put the the directory of ralink 2560 and not the 2500

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: