Hacking Ok I have the MIOS installed, what else do I need for GCN AR?

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bave BOTH the Action Replay memory card and disk but I sold my GameCube for a profit. I am on system menu 4.3U WAN and for some reason Action Replay will not load when I try loading it. I want to still use Melee codes. What else must I need for this? I used MIOS patcher 2.0 or whaever it was called so if I used the wrong one, please tell me and link me the right one. Thanks. This is all I am having trouble with for now. Everything else works fine.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
smashdude said:
I bave BOTH the Action Replay memory card and disk but I sold my GameCube for a profit. I am on system menu 4.3U WAN and for some reason Action Replay will not load when I try loading it. I want to still use Melee codes. What else must I need for this? I used MIOS patcher 2.0 or whaever it was called so if I used the wrong one, please tell me and link me the right one. Thanks. This is all I am having trouble with for now. Everything else works fine.
Instert your action replay disc, start GC Backup Launcher 0.2, press start on gc controller to use reloader, select your codes and start melee, this should work.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I am assuming that I download that backup launcher on the SD card first right? Not load Action Replay on the system menu but instead on Homebrew on that app?

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That GCN backup link you just gave me does not have a .dol at the end of it. I have Negoamma and tried loading tha but it said "an error has occured" after everytime I tried to reboot something or even launch the game. I don't know what is wrong here. How do I get that error to go away?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't think that WiiGator's loader or NeoGamma work with a retail AR. As far as i can see you have 2 choices:
1. Install MIOS (yes no c) V4 and use your retail AR to use cheats on retail GC games from disc channel
2. Install a cMIOS and use WiiGator's loader in combination with a backup of AR with backup discs. (and i think only 1:1 discs or discs with AR + game you want to use cheats on work)

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It did trust me it showed me the screen but then reverted to an ERROR in the process. Who else has been experiencing this error? Neogamma would not evne let me use the rebooter. Well it did but then afterwards it read there was a rebooting problem. Once I get this fixed I can play it on Neogamma. THe GCN backp link did not have a dol file so that is worthless. Just tell me how to fix this Neogamma error please and I will be off to Melee codng.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"An error has occured!
Press the Eject Button, remove the disk, remove the Game Disk, and turn the power off.
Please read the Wii operations manual for more instructions."

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smashdude said:
It did trust me it showed me the screen but then reverted to an ERROR in the process. Who else has been experiencing this error? Neogamma would not evne let me use the rebooter. Well it did but then afterwards it read there was a rebooting problem. Once I get this fixed I can play it on Neogamma. THe GCN backp link did not have a dol file so that is worthless. Just tell me how to fix this Neogamma error please and I will be off to Melee codng.
it did work? but it gave you that error. but... it works... but it gave you that error. I think you may need a very special kind of help.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait so what do I do? It even said that afrer loading the rebooter. Is there a different version that works better? Please link me what I need and what I should use instead. I am lost. Someone on MSN said to definitely use NEOgamma and now it doesn't work for me. I plan on using this to play downloadable Wii and GameCube IOS's which I have the links for.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smashdude said:
Wait so what do I do? It even said that afrer loading the rebooter. Is there a different version that works better? Please link me what I need and what I should use instead. I am lost. Someone on MSN said to definitely use NEOgamma and now it doesn't work for me. I plan on using this to play downloadable Wii and GameCube IOS's which I have the links for.
what do you do? you read.

QUOTE(WiiPower @ Aug 17 2010, 04:18 PM) I don't think that WiiGator's loader or NeoGamma work with a retail AR. As far as i can see you have 2 choices:
1. Install MIOS (yes no c) V4 and use your retail AR to use cheats on retail GC games from disc channel
2. Install a cMIOS and use WiiGator's loader in combination with a backup of AR with backup discs. (and i think only 1:1 discs or discs with AR + game you want to use cheats on work)

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did read that but like I posted, I plan on using neogamma for my gamecube/wii ios's so I need neogamma to workm I know it will read my action replay because someone told me that it reads there's just a few hours ago. I need to fix this neogamma error and at the same time, finding links to the apps you just gave me. If you know how to fix this neogamma error, please tell me. I don't have a USB chord or the like so I need neogamma to work.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright now it reads GameCube backup launcher 1.1 but I want it to be 0.2. I downloaded the app and all. What do I do? It actually loaded that page and I pressed START on the GCN control but nothing happened.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.