kurotsuchi110

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I need your help!
I've installed the whole softmod. It included the Homebrew Channel, Some IOS [i guess...] and some other stuff like wad installer. Everything worked except NeoGamma r7 [it worked but didn't loaded games. Error 1101...]. I found out somewhere that i should have burned the dvd-r discs, not dvd+r. So, I burned dvd-r, but it still didn't work
frown.gif
. Then i found, that it might not work, because I have "rev 14" [it was written on the below of Neogamma screen].. It was written somewhere on a forum that it should work if i had "rev 10". I installed rev10 by wad installer. After that neither wad installer nor Neogamma didn't work. I have only black screen, but when i run neogamma i have sorta one frame with red something at the beginning. Black screen appears after it.

Shoud I update my software in wii options [it is written that it can make console unable to use...]? Or maybe format memory? Will "format memory" remove this damn rev 10?

Sorry for my english... thx in advance

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
you should just follow the stickied guide at the top. It will install cIOS rev 19 over rev 10. it will also guarantee your wii will run correctly. Don't follow random packs/guides off the internet unless the writer know what the heck they are doing.

kurotsuchi110

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TroyTheZombie said:
you should just follow the stickied guide at the top. It will install cIOS rev 19 over rev 10. it will also guarantee your wii will run correctly. Don't follow random packs/guides off the internet unless the writer know what the heck they are doing.
Ok so, should I format system memory? You said "sticked guide". I understand that i should format system memory and follow the instructions. Is that what you meant?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Don't format anything! The 1st question everybody should ask is: Do you have a new Wii? If yes your drive won't read DVD-Rs, but usb loading will work.

Majroa

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Where the fuck are you talking about my friend. Do not even think about thinking about formatting your Wii.

kurotsuchi110

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Don't format anything! The 1st question everybody should ask is: Do you have a new Wii? If yes your drive won't read DVD-Rs, but usb loading will work.
Neogamma and Softmod don't start. I have only black screen because i've changed rev 14 into rev 10. I have black screen so usb boot will not work. When i had rev 14 it did started.

kurotsuchi110

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a new Wii. I understaood that I can't run games from DVD-R. But, Is it any possibility to reinstall rev 14, beacuse I can't run any homebrew applications? And is that rev 10 installed on a SD or on console memory?

resincake

Trophies
XP
Country
You could try installing iosx rev19 or 17, it will totally overwrite rev10 or whatever previous version you have. Also, get neogamma r8 final, as your loader.

DO NOT format .. totally your last resort.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh i forgot that "LU64+" Wiis can't use cIOSrev10 or older, i think 11 is the 1st that works on these Wiis. Just install a newer cIOS and you will be able to use an usb loader.

kurotsuchi110

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Oh i forgot that "LU64+" Wiis can't use cIOSrev10 or older, i think 11 is the 1st that works on these Wiis. Just install a newer cIOS and you will be able to use an usb loader.
And that's my problem, cause i can't install a newer one having a rev 10. Wad installer shows me only a black screen! Is it any other way to install it without wad isntaller?

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kurotsuchi110 said:
WiiPower said:
And that's my problem, cause i can't install a newer one having a rev 10. Wad installer shows me only a black screen! Is it any other way to install it without wad isntaller?

Use the ios installer

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
firstly, kudos on your choice of the word "unproper" XD I only kid because it was in the title itself, I know you said excuse the english.

also, you may have troubles because you did install rev10, as you said, read some guides to figure it out, but as a fallback, the cboot2 wad manager should solve your issues if you cant get a cIOS installer to work.....if you don't already have bootmii installed however, read up and see if there is a solution with less steps.

also, updating with network or a retail disc that has 4.2 will solve your problem, overwriting your bad IOS249 with a equally useless but not "Bad" stub.

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kurotsuchi110 said:
I've installed the whole softmod from this http://hotfile.com/dl/30365479/9f49713/42s...llegro.rar.html. It included the Homebrew Channel, Some IOS [i guess...] and some other stuff like wad installer. Everything worked except NeoGamma r7 [it worked but didn't loaded games. Error 1101...]. I found out somewhere that i should have burned the dvd-r discs, not dvd+r. So, I burned dvd-r, but it still didn't work
frown.gif
. Then i found, that it might not work, because I have "rev 14" [it was written on the below of Neogamma screen].. It was written somewhere on a forum that it should work if i had "rev 10". I installed rev10 from http://rs702tl3.rapidshare.com/files/21410...36-64-v1042.wad by wad installer. After that neither wad installer nor Neogamma didn't work. I have only black screen, but when i run neogamma i have sorta one frame with red something at the beginning. Black screen appears after it.

Shoud I update my software in wii options [it is written that it can make console unable to use...]? Or maybe format memory? Will "format memory" remove this damn rev 10?

look u guys, its getting ridiculous. Your post shows that you had exactly NO idea what you were doing, and you wonder why its messed up. "it installed some ios i guess" man that pisses me off when i see people doing things they never shouldve started without a little research. aslo you didnt even bother to read the rules here and have links to ILLEGAL WADS. follow the stickied guide. READ IT FIRST and then do it. remove the illegal link as well.

Majroa

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
TRushInfo said:
kurotsuchi110 said:
I've installed the whole softmod from this http://hotfile.com/dl/30365479/9f49713/42s...llegro.rar.html. It included the Homebrew Channel, Some IOS [i guess...] and some other stuff like wad installer. Everything worked except NeoGamma r7 [it worked but didn't loaded games. Error 1101...]. I found out somewhere that i should have burned the dvd-r discs, not dvd+r. So, I burned dvd-r, but it still didn't work
frown.gif
. Then i found, that it might not work, because I have "rev 14" [it was written on the below of Neogamma screen].. It was written somewhere on a forum that it should work if i had "rev 10". I installed rev10 from http://rs702tl3.rapidshare.com/files/21410...36-64-v1042.wad by wad installer. After that neither wad installer nor Neogamma didn't work. I have only black screen, but when i run neogamma i have sorta one frame with red something at the beginning. Black screen appears after it.

look u guys, its getting ridiculous. Your post shows that you had exactly NO idea what you were doing, and you wonder why its messed up. "it installed some ios i guess" man that pisses me off when i see people doing things they never shouldve started without a little research. aslo you didnt even bother to read the rules here and have links to ILLEGAL WADS. follow the stickied guide. READ IT FIRST and then do it. remove the illegal link as well.

Dude, chill out.

This guy doesn't have a idea what he have done. Many guides are very hard to understand. He tries to explain precisely what he did, by posting the links. Yes, you are right, they are illegal, BUT you can ask him friendly to remove the links. Be happy that he didn't used HOMBREWARE or else shut the heck up.

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Majroa said:
TRushInfo said:
kurotsuchi110 said:
frown.gif

Dude, chill out.

This guy doesn't have a idea what he have done. Many guides are very hard to understand. He tries to explain precisely what he did, by posting the links. Yes, you are right, they are illegal, BUT you can ask him friendly to remove the links. Be happy that he didn't used HOMBREWARE or else shut the heck up.
i see you dont have a clue what youre doing either by your previous posts here. so you cvan shut the heck up. go ahead and spoon feed the noobs who guesses they installed some ios........ so bite it son

Majroa

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well. I will of course help the noobs, so that they won't make my faults(lolol, deleted settings.txt once)
And at least I know how to type well...

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Step 1: Get ahold of banner-bomb or an exploit compatible with your wii and system menu version! or if you have working hbc boot into hbc!

Step 2: Get ahold of Dop-Mii!

Step 3: Get ahold of ciosx installer for rev17!!!!

Step 4: Put the appropriate files on your sd-card!

Step 5: Pop your sd-card into the wii and fire it up and run the exploit of your chosing to run dop-mii or use hbc to run it!
Now follow the instructions below!

(These instructios were copied and edited a little by me! originals can be found at: http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/how-to-use/dop-ios)
-
Use the wifi option!!!
-
1) Run DOP-Mii. Press A to continue to the next screen. Go down once to select "Install IOS36 w/FakeSign". Press A to continue.

If the wii crashes (gives a code dump) for one of the following steps (1a - c), hold the Power button till the wii shuts down. Then reboot it, launch DOP-IOS MOD and start again from 2a.

A -- Downgrading IOS15
1a) The first thing to do is to downgrade IOS15. You will have to choose the location of your IOS now.
If you have WiFi, leave the option on "Download IOS from NUS" and press A.
If you have no WiFi, change it to "Load IOS wad from sd card" (2 times right or left) and press A.

It will ask the same thing for IOS15 v257, so choose the same thing as you just did. Now let it install.

B -- Installing IOS36 with FakeSign Bug
1b) Once it finishes, it will ask to "Aply ES_Identify Patch to IOS36". Press A to accept it.
Then it'll ask if you want to enable NAND permissions as well. Press A to accept this too.

Now you'll have to choose the location of the IOS again. Choose to install to ios slot 236!!
Continue when finished!

C -- Restoring IOS15
1c) Resetting IOS15 is optional, but recommended.
Just choose one more time where to load the IOS from and press A.

It will tell you that everything is successful! Press A to return to the main menu.

Step 6: Now after all that boot into ciosx installer for rev17 select IOS236 as the ios for the installer to use!
and continue as usual to install your cios! It will install over the bad rev of 10!! and fix your troubles!!!

(To my understanding from reading you have access to your system menu! If I am wrong then let me know!)

hope this helps!
- kitt

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described +1