wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
homebrew.gif
G.O.R.F. v2 FINAL
Update
gorfcap.png

G.O.R.F. FINAL has received a small update. Please see the change log below.

Change Log said:
• Shields now have the "shimmery" look they've been missing

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Source
discuss.png
Discuss

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! It took a lot of work, but it was ultimately worth it. Did you notice a drop in speed as a result of the new animation? I can almost detect it, but maybe it's just my imagination.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ArugulaZ said:
Thanks! It took a lot of work, but it was ultimately worth it. Did you notice a drop in speed as a result of the new animation? I can almost detect it, but maybe it's just my imagination.

There are speed settings in the options, so you can bump it up if you feel it's too slow.

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ha! I sure do! You can crank it up to seven stars if you beat all the hard challenges in the Mission Matrix. The hardest challenges unlock more lives. Beating them all unlocks... well, you'll just have to finish the Mission Matrix and find out!

I used a variable called dynatime (short for "dynamic timer") to change the timing for each stage, so the simple stages with faster execution speeds would run at roughly the same speeds as, say, Galaxians, which makes greater demands of the GameBoy Advance hardware. Looking back, I'm wondering if I should have adjusted dynatime slightly for the Astro Battles and Flagship stages. There are a couple of other minor bugs in the game that I should attend to, but right now, I'm all GORFed out and need a break.

(I considered Wizard of Wor as a follow-up, but the game was really dependent on two player play, and Dragon BASIC doesn't seem to support system link functions. I'm sure there's a way to replicate those functions with PEEKs and POKEs, but you can't make a second player with them!)

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The last version of GORF has been released and is available on my web site. I'm hoping it's the last, anyway... I'm not going to add more content and I think all the bugs have been squashed. Also, the player's quark laser moves more quickly than it did in past versions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo