G.O.R.F. v2 FINAL

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Another World, Sep 26, 2009.

Sep 26, 2009

G.O.R.F. v2 FINAL by Another World at 3:10 AM (1,339 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Another World
    OP

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    [​IMG] G.O.R.F. v2 FINAL
    Update
    [​IMG]

G.O.R.F. FINAL has received a small update. Please see the change log below.

[​IMG] Download
    [​IMG] Source
    [​IMG] Discuss

2. CasperH

CasperH Newbie

I like the name [​IMG]

3. Seeker_G

Newcomer Seeker_G Newbie

United States
    I like it. It definitely looks better with the "TV static" effect.

4. ArugulaZ

Member ArugulaZ GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Thanks! It took a lot of work, but it was ultimately worth it. Did you notice a drop in speed as a result of the new animation? I can almost detect it, but maybe it's just my imagination.

5. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    There are speed settings in the options, so you can bump it up if you feel it's too slow.

6. SylvWolf

Member SylvWolf Ave Dominus Nox

United States
    I'm sure he knows what options there are [​IMG]

Haven't checked this out yet, but I think I will now that it seems to be done.

7. ArugulaZ

United States
    Ha! I sure do! You can crank it up to seven stars if you beat all the hard challenges in the Mission Matrix. The hardest challenges unlock more lives. Beating them all unlocks... well, you'll just have to finish the Mission Matrix and find out!

I used a variable called dynatime (short for "dynamic timer") to change the timing for each stage, so the simple stages with faster execution speeds would run at roughly the same speeds as, say, Galaxians, which makes greater demands of the GameBoy Advance hardware. Looking back, I'm wondering if I should have adjusted dynatime slightly for the Astro Battles and Flagship stages. There are a couple of other minor bugs in the game that I should attend to, but right now, I'm all GORFed out and need a break.

(I considered Wizard of Wor as a follow-up, but the game was really dependent on two player play, and Dragon BASIC doesn't seem to support system link functions. I'm sure there's a way to replicate those functions with PEEKs and POKEs, but you can't make a second player with them!)

8. ArugulaZ

United States
    The last version of GORF has been released and is available on my web site. I'm hoping it's the last, anyway... I'm not going to add more content and I think all the bugs have been squashed. Also, the player's quark laser moves more quickly than it did in past versions.