Hacking DS Cart help

rockstar8577

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im new to DS homebrew and all. I've been looking around and found some information but nothing that has really answered my question. My brother is getting a DS lite and i would like to get a cart/card, but one that would not install anything on the ds so its still company firmware. Is there a card i could get that would allow me to do this. Places to buy some, and if multiple then if possible some recommendations. I'm looking for a card that allows me to play GBA and DS backups. Thanks for any help
smile.gif

JesseB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Google for deal extreme. They have good prices. As far as a recommendation, I would go with the AceKard2i or the M3real. These will let you play DS games. As far as GBA games, you need a different card. They sell those on deal extreme also, but i'm not sure which one is the best.

rockstar8577

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now if i use these cards do i have to mess with the firmware to use them?

Edit
Cause i need a card that will leave the DS in its original state.

rockstar8577

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reru said:
No flashcard modifies the DS firmware. To play GBA games, you need a slot-2 device or an iPlayer (emulation ).

So it will leave the DS as it is and not mess with it? Also could you give me recommendation for a card that offers both.
P.S. it needs to be compatible with the ds lite

Synchromatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rockstar8577 said:
Reru said:
No flashcard modifies the DS firmware. To play GBA games, you need a slot-2 device or an iPlayer (emulation ).

So it will leave the DS as it is and not mess with it? Also could you give me recommendation for a card that offers both.
P.S. it needs to be compatible with the ds lite
Yes, the DS will not be affected. The only carts that could play both are the Slot-2 Cards, but the firmware for those are outdated, and compatibility problems with games may occur. Your best route is to get a Slot 1 + GBA Expansion. I'd recommend either getting a AK2i+EZ 3-in-1 or getting an M3DS Real/M3i Zero + M3 GBA expansion.

jphriendly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reru said:
Dealextreme has cheap prices and free shipping, though the time to get the package may take 2 weeks or so. Realhotstuff is also a good site.

+1

If you don't mind waiting, go with DX. If you are impatient and want it asap, and don't mind paying a bit more, go with Realhotstuff (seeing as your flag is USA).

Edit: I'd suggest going with an AK2 with a EZ 3-in-1.
smile.gif

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Get The M3 DS Real It Has:
Best Firmware
3 Differnt Firmwrae
Real Time Save
Slow Motion
100% Compatibility
SD Card Slot On The Side
You Can Buy The Perfect Bundle To Get A GBA Cart Free
Trust Me iT Costs More But Is Worth IT

D

Deleted_171835

rockstar8577 said:
rockstar99 said:
Get The M3 DS Real It Has:
Best Firmware
3 Differnt Firmwrae
Real Time Save
Slow Motion
100% Compatibility
SD Card Slot On The Side
You Can Buy The Perfect Bundle To Get A GBA Cart Free
Trust Me iT Costs More But Is Worth IT

Does this work: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14165 ?

Don't get the M3 Real. If you're going to purchase a card buy a good card. get a Cyclo DS or an Acekard 2i. The M3 is just a clone of the R4.

D

Deleted_171835

rockstar8577 said:
>.< i was just told to buy the M3 Real

So, who cares. Why should that matter. Why buy the M3 Real when you can get a card and AKAIO!!! You could also get the Cyclo DS but it's a bit pricey.

D

Deleted_171835

rockstar8577 said:
yea but they dont have a gba expansion :\

Foolishness. You can use a "gba expansion card" with the ACEKARD 2i. Search the answers. Upper-right corner, M'kay.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users