OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Quote from JoyStiq.com

QUOTE said:
Did you hear about the PS3 Slim that fell off the back of the assembly line in Taiwan? Well, actually, the box took the fall, and then the console worked its way free of its cardboard confines, limped out the backdoor unseen, swam a short 700 miles or so south to the Philippines, toweled off, enjoyed a few bottles of lambanog, and promptly passed out under the stall of a electronics vendor. Phew! Guess it was the peddler's lucky day, eh? Unfortunately, our salesman was unable to hustle this miraculous merchandise into the hands of a wary shopper; who did, however, walk away with a brilliantly befuddled cell phone video of the rarity (posted after the break).

Of course, there's an alternate version of the story, too, as an alleged translation of the vendor's pitch puts it: "You won't see this [PS3 Slim] elsewhere because it's still new -- we just got it in. It's not yet available in other countries." The end.

We asked Sony to take a look, and according to a representative, it was the first time she'd seen the video, and then, predictably, she issued the standard company line: "We don't comment on rumor and speculation." So, it's your call. But let us at least advise you against booking a ticket to the Philippines and heading straight for the black market. For anything.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUBn3_5IbGE&

For those in the Philippines: HURRY GO TO GREENHILLS NOW BEFORE THEY SELL OUT
tongue.gif

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Haha, Sony always says that they 'don't comment on rumors and speculation,' but some select executives often just give out asshole-ish comments on them. Sony makes me laugh sometimes. Especially now.
tongue.gif

kalmis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
If it is true it would be damn scary. There are of course leaks always in the gaming industry but this a would be a hardware that Sony has not even announced (yet).
I am guessing there will be a slim PS3 out for Xmas and they will lower the price of current PS3, or hope rather. Or maybe they take the PSP Go high road and release the PS3 without lowering the price of the normal PS3 and ask 700£ for slim PS3
biggrin.gif

tylerxian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The line, "We don't comment on rumor and speculation.", is getting old and there is video evidence. There's a chance it might be fake, but I doubt it. This might even be cheap enough for me to buy if the price tag is announced.

antonkan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
PS3 Slim in the Philippines, wow. But we haven't seen PS3 Slim in the Americas, Europe and Japan.

I'm a Filipino, but sorry I can't go to Greenhills Shopping Center in the Philippines because I lived in Canada!
tongue.gif

For those who can't go to YouTube website to see a video:

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jonesman99 said:
xb360 is still better... even if sony was to make a slimmer version, if it isnt easier for the developers to work with, the ps3 will just be the epic console that epically failed...
and your what we like to call the 360 fanboy

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
im not a fanboy... my brother had a ps3 and ive played it. and it actually feels and plays quite nice, but one thing that drew me away from it was the price. it has many games that id like to play on it but combined with the high price of the console and the price of games today i just cant get it...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo