Hacking Borked spring loader

Stavros90

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I decided to buy two acekards about a month ago and at least one has been great. The other one not so great. I was hoping if anyone knows if it is possible to fix or temp fix that I can do myself while I wait to get another. It's a black PCB acekard 2.1 and the spring loader won't "click" when the microsd card is put in. I opened it up but I can't see what's broken.

Stavros90

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh well that kinda worked. It seems I can get the card stuck partially beneath the plastic but it shoots out if pressure the plastic. I think I'll use it like this for now and put some tape over it so I don't lose the card.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
keep trying to force the spring a few times. your acekard has a 1yr warranty. you can contact your retailer for a replacement. if the retailer needs proof check acekard.com in the news section. they clearly stated this.

-another world

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine came with a broken spring and rather than go through returning it and waiting for another I just opened it up and fixed it. When you open it up there is a small metal lever inside the spring loader to the left. If you work it a little bit to the right with a pin you can put it back into place. Just make sure it is working before you put it all back together.

The one year warranty is nice but I'm too impatient and would hate to return it and possibly receive another broken one. Plus, now I know how to fix it if it goes bad again.

Stavros90

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw that lever Oldboy and I thought about pushing it but I wasn't completely sure. When you say push it to the left how should I be holding it. With the contacts facing towards or away from you?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had to push mine a little towards the center of the SD sleeve. You might have to play around with it until you find the right spot. Or like Another World said, you could look into your warranty.

Stavros90

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oldboy I love you. I had to mess with it for 5 minutes until it finally worked. Thing is I put in a support ticket to dealextreme (where I bought it) for a return but now... I guess I'll keep it for now. Did your spring loader ever stop working again? Once again thank you.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had mine for about 4 months and the spring loader hasn't broken yet (since the first time I mean). I contacted leetmod as soon as it arrived to me but fixed it about ten minutes later. I told leetmod that I fixed it and not to worry about it. They sent me an email about a week later asking how I fixed it
smile.gif

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
one of my 2.1s had a spring issue. i simply pushed in the msd as hard as i could and the spring popped back to life.

duno if that will help you.

-another world

Thats what happened to me Lol. I fixed it the same way and it broke the first day I got it.

TheDestroyer

GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
jakob95 said:
Another World said:
one of my 2.1s had a spring issue. i simply pushed in the msd as hard as i could and the spring popped back to life.

duno if that will help you.

-another world

Thats what happened to me Lol. I fixed it the same way and it broke the first day I got it.

I just tried this just now and it worked! thanks! I too had an issue about this spring thingy it finally worked xD thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...